Thread: The selfish Fi

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Right. I don't want to draw that generalization. And neither do I want to be completely dismissive of her. It's just... yikes. I've got this stuff in my system.

And the question was about demonstrations of selfish Fi behavior. So! I've got a gold mine, if anyone needs more.

Actually, if this thread goes anywhere, it may help me resolve some of this stuff.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Don't INFJs have Fe, not Fi?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Don't INFJs have Fe, not Fi?
    Yep. Aderack, whatever that is...that isn't Fi.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Oh. Er. I specifically looked this up, but it seems I misread it.

Never mind, then.

Hum. Sorry about that.

Actually, if it's not Fi, anyone have a notion what might be going on there? On the basis of maliafee's young friend, it sounds like it wasn't necessarily an isolated thing. And it does resemble FireyPheonix's glass/plastic issues.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Aderack, thank you for that post, because it's always good to have these reminders that behavior like that isn't "Fi" or "Fe" gone wrong, but something bigger.

Fi is focused on the self, and being true to the self. It's actually capable of being quite oblivious for the needs of others if the person hasn't tempered that "me me me" voice that goes inside their head.

If you co-worker is indeed a user, then most likely she has some major internal issues, and minor affronts like you mentioned are pushing her over an edge that she's barely standing on. She's so busy with her internal demons she doesn't realize or care how she's behaving.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Whilst shopping for bedding for our new apartment, my former partner -- INFJ -- began to cry, right there in the store, when I suggested deep blue sheets to go with the maroon comforter she'd picked out.

In front of her parents, even. To further the awkward.

She justified it as a feeling of betrayal, because only moments before I had said that it didn't matter to me, and I'd allowed her to get her hopes up. But, uh. No, it was a control issue. Things had to be precisely the way she decided they did, or else. And clearly from my offhanded tone I was absolutely committed to the idea of blue, so ARGH WHY IS THIS MAN SO INFLEXIBLE. GOODBYE ALL-MAROON BED!
    I'm currently lying in a maroon comforter. With maroon sheets. Why you would want to mix maroon and blue is beyond me. You might want to add, on top of "inflexible," "uncoordinated."

Oh, and welcome!

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Aderack, thank you for that post, because it's always good to have these reminders that behavior like that isn't "Fi" or "Fe" gone wrong, but something bigger.
    All right, so long as it actually served a purpose! Felt like a bit of a dippo, once I'd realized the mistake.

And honestly, maroon and navy -- they go together marvelously. You're only coordinated when you've something to coordinate.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

She does have massive egotisical issues. I've never met someone (at her age) who is so self centered. It really is a sight to see. So yes, there are underlying issues there.
    The reason I thought it might be unchecked Fi is the whole values thing. This behaviour always comes out as a value judgement.
    She was almost crying the other day, because when she was in the middle of telling me off for not doing something, I, very politely, told her it wasn't my job, especially seeing as I didn't run those particular test that day.
    There was a resultant temper tantrum again, where she insulted my work ethic (sigh, no one else would dream of questioning my work ethic.) It also got brought up at our staff meeting as a consequence. Everyone did question her on why she thought it was my job.

Sorry this wasn't meant to be a bitch session though. It would actually make more sense if it was a display of unhinged Fe - that need to control.
    I thought it might have been immature and untempered Fi, seeing as when I was younger,
    like 6-8 I displayed similar behaviour. This women is in her sixities.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Oh dear.

It does sound like she's having trouble keeping a grip on the world she knows.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Originally Posted by Aderack:
    Whilst shopping for bedding for our new apartment, my former partner -- INFJ -- began to cry, right there in the store, when I suggested deep blue sheets to go with the maroon comforter she'd picked out.

In front of her parents, even. To further the awkward.

She justified it as a feeling of betrayal, because only moments before I had said that it didn't matter to me, and I'd allowed her to get her hopes up. But, uh. No, it was a control issue.
    I dont know if I understood the english completly, but my INFJ is similiar. On the other hand though, if I say I dont want blue blankets, then I dont want blue blankets and stick to it. Otherwise it would be totally insane.

Concerning the OP: I noticed Fi to be more like self-centered. Selfishdom, if that word exists, I never noticed that gravely. I had that encounter with a guy on the weekend, while we were having a barbeque, who suddenly grabbed the last sausage on the dish stating that this one is finally his now. Noone did understand, he could had have it, just had to ask for it nicely or just take it. But obviously there was a movie going on in this fellows mind, nobody foresaw
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]