- +Relief/-Unsettling (opposite of 2nd)
- +Aspirational/-Projective (opposite of 1st)
- -Opposing/+Backup (opposite orientation of 1st)
- -Critical/+Discovery (opposite orientation of 2nd)
- -Deceiving/+Comedic(opposite preference of 2nd)
- -Devilish/Transformative(opposite preference of 1st)
I am assuming you already know how to get the top two functions (Socionics notwithstanding)
What I mean by opposites: Fe-Ti, Te-Fi, Ne-Si, Se-Ni.
What I mean by opposite orientation: Fe-Fi, Te-Ti, Ne-Ni, Se-Si.
What I mean by opposite preference: Fe-Te, Fi-Ti, Ne-Se, Ni-Si.
The 5th through 8th process are considered shadow processes and make communication difficult.
So for an INTJ, the order of assignment is:
On the other hand:
Lenore Thompson (or at least how I read her book) groups the functions into the following 4 categories:
Extroverted Judging: Fe,Te
Introverted Judging: Fi, Ti
Extroverted Perceiving: Ne, Se
Introverted Perceiving: Ni, Si
She says for healthy development, people should stick to their particular structure of Extroverted Judging - Introverted Perceiving or Extroverted Perceiving-Introverted judging (keeping you introvert extrovert preference of coarse).
So for an ISFJ, it is claimed to me healthier to develop either introverted perceiving function and either extroverted judging function than to develop either introverted judging function or either extroverted perceiving function.