• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Happiness and Type

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Thank you for reminding me of this show... and glad you are sort of better.

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
There have been times in my life when I would throw the book Happiness is a Choice across the room in disgust, and times when I would agree with it whole heartedly. Now is a healthy time in my life when I am agreeing with it.

R

Riva

I don't agree that everyone controls their own happiness FULLY. There are people out there who experience much less anxiety and troubles phase them less than other people. It is a fact. So those people have a better chance at being happy. Now, everyone has the opportunity to make themselves happier, that's true...

your highlighted part doesn't agree with the rest of the paragraph. the 1st sentence says something and the rest of the para says something completely different to the 1st statement.

R

Riva

i personaly believe that you can control your own happiness. it is hard to remain happy if you have a lot of issue i understand. but when you are having problems your emotions and thoughts are the once which makes you worry. if you can learn how to be indifferent to your thoughts and emotions no incident in life can make you feel unhappy/bad.

i know this is a very hard thing to do. but with practice i think you can achieve it.

this theory = Buddhist enlightenment.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
i personaly believe that you can control your own happiness. it is hard to remain happy if you have a lot of issue i understand. but when you are having problems your emotions and thoughts are the once which makes you worry. if you can learn how to be indifferent to your thoughts and emotions no incident in life can make you feel unhappy/bad.

i know this is a very hard thing to do. but with practice i think you can achieve it.

this theory = Buddhist enlightenment.
Well said.

The illusion of the I.
Our thoughts and emotions?
Not ours.

A person is mentally ill.
The doctors pay attention to the effect of the illness.
Not to the cause.
The ego of the insane is to be made well.
What ego?

The thoughts and the emotions create the ego.
It is not there.

Unique

aha... happiness is simply chemicals and sh*t in the brain

I'm depressed as hell for no reason on the comedown from alcohol n stuff

I agree with the dude that was getting at the fact that environment ISN'T a factor, except he was explaining it weird and INTP like but whatever

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
aha... happiness is simply chemicals and sh*t in the brain

I'm depressed as hell for no reason on the comedown from alcohol n stuff

I agree with the dude that was getting at the fact that environment ISN'T a factor, except he was explaining it weird and INTP like but whatever
How to leave alcohol and stuff?

It is not about how.
It is only about what.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Well said.

The illusion of the I.
Our thoughts and emotions?
Not ours.

yours and only yours.

A person is mentally ill.
The doctors pay attention to the effect of the illness.
Not to the cause.
The ego of the insane is to be made well.
What ego?

The thoughts and the emotions create the ego.
It is not there.

desire is a bitch. conquer desire, you conquer the world

Qre:us

You are born to type.
So they say.
Whoever they are.

Happiness is inborn.
Or acquired.
Maybe both.

Or neither. ;)

Happiness, like all other state of being, is a momentary capture. We all live moments to moments. Our minds allows us the fortunate (and unfortunate) capacity to segue from one moment to another, to create this 'thread'...this holistic whole. Giving us an I. Me. You. Them.

Regardless of if we forget that the reality is that a moment can neither be created nor destroyed, only lived. Probability controls moments greater than any other thing.

Happiness is what it is, when felt. Nothing more, nothing less.

vulture.jpg

Yours (or my) considerations are moot. Talk of the human will, and it shall get you closer to the 'truth'.

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
I think the types most inclined to search for reason may be the most at risk, as there can be a fine line between an explanation and an excuse.

I've read that INTPs and INFJs are the most prone to suicidal ideation. This may result from a certain inevitability and tunnel vision that one develops in the search for truth. X is ultimately true, and I am certain about it; therefore... there is nothing I can do about it. Nothing I can do, nothing I can do. Nothing. Nothing. Brain snaps. Broken record.

Again, though, much of it is training.

Yes. This tends to be my line of thinking whenever I'm in a dark patch. When I feel that I have no internal locus of control, that's when happiness is a far away illusion that I can never attain. "Nothing I can do, nothing I can do" is exactly what the line of thinking is, yes. LOL.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Well, that's gratifying. Not the hopelessness; I mean, the affirmation.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
yours and only yours.

desire is a bitch. conquer desire, you conquer the world
How true.

Happiness is a surprise.
Lust is expectation.

Good times are here again?
Memory is a handicap.
A moment is a singular event.
Life is uncatched.
Life passes you by.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Happiness, like all other state of being, is a momentary capture. We all live moments to moments. Our minds allows us the fortunate (and unfortunate) capacity to segue from one moment to another, to create this 'thread'...this holistic whole. Giving us an I. Me. You. Them.

Regardless of if we forget that the reality is that a moment can neither be created nor destroyed, only lived. Probability controls moments greater than any other thing.

Happiness is what it is, when felt. Nothing more, nothing less.

vulture.jpg

Yours (or my) considerations are moot. Talk of the human will, and it shall get you closer to the 'truth'.
Exactly.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i cut myself so my brain releases endorphins. there's no happiness like drugs!

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP's seem to be the most miserable. We project the air of absolute logic, but deep down, we're all soft romantics, just below a layer of pscyhosis and rage that makes hittler look like a pacifist. Demons are this way too, but they lack the restraint.