User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Yeah, I read that, too. But when you think about it, it's not all that far-fetched, considering religion is ambiguous, something which appeals to N.

The INTP, if anything, would more likely be an interpreter of religious text. But in the INTJ's case, of course, they'd probably use religious principles to justify the pursuit of their vision, for better or for worse.
    I'd think that your average INTJ would outright reject religion because it's not their vision, but somebody else's vision. He/She would probably read the Bible and say "How dare you tell me what is wrong and what is right?!"
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    I'd think that your average INTJ would outright reject religion because it's not their vision, but somebody else's vision. He/She would probably read the Bible and say "How dare you tell me what is wrong and what is right?!"
    That, too. But why do that when you can use the Bible to control and frighten the mindless civilians?

I have a vision.

I think we can scare others by making them think the Book of Revelation is actually happening by building cloaking jets (which are in their conceptual stages) that will drop fireballs to the earth, which could be either a flamethrower or brightly colored orange bombs! There will be panic!!!

The Bible has its purpose!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    That, too. But why do that when you can use the Bible to control and frighten the mindless civilians?

I have a vision.

I think we can scare others by making them think the Book of Revelation is actually happening by building cloaking jets (which are in their conceptual stages) that will drop fireballs to the earth, which could be either a flamethrower or brightly colored orange bombs! There will be panic!!!

The Bible has its purpose!
    But that still doesn't explain the high percentage of INTJ's who actually BELIEVE the Bible. I can understand using it to control others, but "believing" doesn't seem like something an INTJ would do truthfully.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I suppose if the INTJ finds the religion logical, I can see them being Christians. After all, logic is often subjective. To some people, creationism and other forms of "pseudoscience" makes perfect sense.

MBTI
    ENTP

"Believing the Bible" isn't universally considered a prerequisite for believing in God or being a Christian. Just thought I'd throw that in there...

edit - also, a great many people don't consider Christianity to be all about telling people what's "right and wrong", but what's necessary/beneficial/logical. I know that's how I see it and I have no difficulty in finding like minds...

edit - it's also my impression that recognizing a good idea and adopting it, whoever's it originally was, is quite in line with INTJ thought processes. I thought deliberately doing the opposite of what anyone else tells you to out of sheer defiance (sometimes even if it's clearly good advice) was more of an ISTP thing...?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It does seem accurate -- Ti analyzes everything, but INTPs see possibilities, while ISTPs demand more concrete evidence of things.

It's just interesting, though, that Ti seems the least likely function to lead to Christianity. Ti determines the nature of things. It looks at what is, senses its nature, defines the pieces. It seems that God is least obvious when one examines the nature of evidence, and more and more likely the more one looks at other sorts of criteria.
    This reminds me of an old movie called "Sea Wife." All men and one woman, a nun for whom the movie is entitled, are at sea in a life boat. They are dwindling, some near death, when only two people are awake... the woman and a very cynical, pessimistic, man who is talking gloom and doom. The woman says, "Don't worry, God is with us." To which he says, "I can't believe that" and goes on about his rotten life, ending with "No, I've just seen too much to believe that." She smiles and says: "No, I think you haven't seen enough." :-)

That's me and why I still remember it. I was raised religious but, at a certain point, my logical mind couldn't accept it. Then, I had personal experiences that could not be explained logically and "proved" to me there is something beyond our capacity to understand. Today, though still not religious, I'm very spiritual and Jesus is my Hero.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    But that still doesn't explain the high percentage of INTJ's who actually BELIEVE the Bible. I can understand using it to control others, but "believing" doesn't seem like something an INTJ would do truthfully.
    There's probably high percentages of ALL types believing in christianity in certain quarters. We all want to believe that people of our type would share our own beliefs and prejudices, but that's simply not the case. Christianity is just really believable to a lot of people. The real question is not why certain types believe it but why anybody believes it.

It's not just Christianity, everything that's ever been believed by anybody has been believed by a representative of all types.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I feel comfort in seeing my type at near the bottom of the list of believers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    16. ISTP - 59.3
    Great job guys. High fives all around.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I thought deliberately doing the opposite of what anyone else tells you to out of sheer defiance (sometimes even if it's clearly good advice) was more of an ISTP thing...?
    This is what I tend to think. Stereotypically, anyway. The ISTP tends to be the image of the teenage rebel, the kind of teen who rides a skateboard and does the exact opposite of what he/she is told.

The INTJ would more likely be loyal to the rules but will look for ways around them or methodically and strategically push them to their limits, or a Machiavellian approach -- malicious compliance and so forth.