• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you ever wish you were another type?

juggernaut

Permabanned
I like the NTJ for the most part, but I would be happy to give up what's left of my E. I feel like I'm only E under duress so being rid of it would be an indication that I was feeling more comfortable with things. I feel like an impostor 'E' most of the time, and would much rather just chill alone with my own thoughts. Unfortunately, I start to worry about getting things wrong and eventually need to connect up with the outside world to check the data against my hypotheses. A little more F seems like it would be nice, but based on what I've seen here I'm not so sure I would actually want that. Of course if I were an F it would probably seem like a good way to be.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, but I often wish the people around me were another type...

Qre:us

I don't know how possible it is to be an ENTP and wanna be any other type....

:yay:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a type that fits really easily into society like ESTJ but I wouldn't go as far as saying I want that.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I wish I was ENTP.. but without weakening Ti :tongue:

Can I be Ti Ne Fe Si please? or maybe a Ti on/off switch?

No!.. Ti/e switch! Then I could actually get some work done and not over analyze all the time.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
No, I like being me, but I do wish I had more ENFP social tendencies sometimes. And better J, 'cause disorganized P does not float well in my house. But I can't imagine being someone I'm not, so I can't say I'd change. :D

deleted
If someone didn't like being their type, they would likely have a harder time being another type.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I've definitely had my times of wishing I was ESFP, so I would be more outgoing and less timid. But I also came to the realization a while ago that being an I probably saved me from getting in a lot of long-term trouble too, so it's probably a blessing too. ;)

And yes, I've had my moments of wishing I was a J so I could be more organized.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I wish I was ENTP.. but without weakening Ti :tongue:

Can I be Ti Ne Fe Si please? or maybe a Ti on/off switch?

No!.. Ti/e switch! Then I could actually get some work done and not over analyze all the time.

ENTPs can get shit done.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Honestly, yes. ESTP. They seem to be pretty happy people, I want to keep my S and T, getting more E and P.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm fine with being an ENFP. I used to be an INFP, and probably have a bit in me, and i had always wanted to be an ENFP, and I just started being more social, and I transformed. Now, I drawm energy externally, and I feel loads and loads better after talking..hmm..maybe I was an ENFP all along.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
ENTPs can get shit done.

When they can decide what they want to get done.

my mom for example. She works like none other. The problem is that she's working on school work and has been for longer than I've been alive. Can't decide what to do with all the work she does.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
probably. I'm pretty sure you can't change types, but I could be wrong.

I think you can, I used to be wayy more SFP-like in my younger years. I think environmental factors have a big share in the change. Most people probably don't change, or they may change one letter as they move throughout life, but I think a few can change, for better or worse with the environment. I think people get mixed up when they begin to develop shadow types.

As an example, an adult INTP finally feels like he's fully developed his character (this is just hypothetical). He can't really get a lot more without taking a different approach to things. So, subconsciously, he begins to develop his J, or his E. After a while, he feels more comfortable executing his J and E in his lifestyle. This is where people get mixed up, and think they've became an ENTP or INTJ, as an example.

So, long story short, you can't really change types, just develop shadow types. There are a few exceptions, I believe.

edit: sorry for rambling and dragging that out. :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to want to be an extrovert. It seems like life would be so much easier....

I used to think I was INTP and I wanted to be an F, and the description of INTPs made me cry, but then I realized I was an INFP. Then the INFP description upset me and made me feel doomed in life. :D

I'm happy with my type now though. It's actually helped me see the positive sides to my personality and acknowledge weaknesses without feeling defensive about it.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I only wish, i would have to be INFP. Fi just seems so much better than Ti to me at this time. Also the feelers mindset and warm personality and there great as long as there not extroverted, it's such a great experience being with them.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes, everyday of my life I have wished for that, every fucking day