First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Good point with Si and telling stories.

No wonder I'm so bad with the details in my story-telling.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    And if Si is 3rd or 4th, the stories often have a lot of gaps, and detail needs to be clarified by the listener.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Amira - do you ever feel like she is lying to you because her details are fuzzy? I know it seems strange, but I can't remember a lot of what I consider to be minor details.
    I always worry that I come off like a total bullshitter - I'll read something in a magazine or online but only remember the "big picture" takeaway. Then someone starts asking me details and I'm like "Uh.. yeah, something like that. Or maybe it was supposed to be..." It would totally sound like I'm just making shit up if you didn't know that's how I roll...
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    INTJ

Happens sometimes with an ENFP I know. When she wants to work something out she starts telling the story of what happened. Awesomely gappy storylines, really like a bunch of non sequiturs strung together. She'll clarify if I ask for some detail, but she'll get frustrated and angry and talk over me if I try rushing some conclusion into the storyline. Obviously (I presume) real life recollection is Si, and I'm tentatively assuming that the foot stompy frustration is a confirmation of that: Si being fourth for her, it's earnest when engaged and not so polite.

I assume, for her, that story-telling is Si in service of Fi. Fi getting it's "facts" straight for proper assessment of what happened.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Amira - do you ever feel like she is lying to you because her details are fuzzy? I know it seems strange, but I can't remember a lot of what I consider to be minor details.
    ...I know it seems crazy to others but I just remember big picture type of things.
    I get this all the time. I often have a general impression of something, especially some story, without the capacity to "back it up"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i am the worst story teller in the world for real.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    I always worry that I come off like a total bullshitter - I'll read something in a magazine or online but only remember the "big picture" takeaway. Then someone starts asking me details and I'm like "Uh.. yeah, something like that. Or maybe it was supposed to be..." It would totally sound like I'm just making shit up if you didn't know that's how I roll...
    I can relate.
    Whenever I try to explain something I feel like I'm making it up because I have no backing for it. No details. It's funny because it makes perfect sense in my mind, but when I go to explain it I'll start questioning myself because I'm like wait.. how did get to that idea again?
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    I can relate.
    Whenever I try to explain something I feel like I'm making it up because I have no backing for it. No details. It's funny because it makes perfect sense in my mind, but when I go to explain it I'll start questioning myself because I'm like wait.. how did get to that idea again?
    Or even take it to the next level and go ahead and fill in the gaps to the people listening while still trying to figure out the details because i'm 99% sure that what i'm explaining is accurate due to my confidence in using the tool of the big picture.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    I

I don't know though, I don't tend to tell stories but when I do, it's in a very matter-of-fact way. Unless I know the person really well, I'm just not comfortable telling a story. But when I am, I guess I do tell them often - but they're true stories, usually describing some sort of past event, in detail.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i am the worst story teller in the world for real.
    I am until I can put it together on paper.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I totally relate to this. I'm good at story-telling, especially if it's something involving friends or other people, because I'm really good at remembering details. I have this whole story about when I went to the movies with a friend, and I remember what restaurant we went to before the show, where we sat, what I ordered, what we were wearing, who was with is, and everything that happened after. Nobody else who was with me has high Si so none of them remember nearly as much as I do.