User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 32

  1. #21
    Member Sponge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    62

    Default

    The Matrix is real, isn't it??
    Yes, I would like some sponge cake.

  2. #22
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Acquisition is sensory. Acquire, store, access. The eye sees what is there; the brain what is not there. Both whisper lies to each other - there's the paradox.



    The most difficult. How to organise and access. That which is and that which is not become images, and images are not words. They are of equal significance in the mind's eye. That which is not = that which is. This is called acute perception and it comes with a cost.



    And fiction is a lie which is true - another paradox.

    Acute perception requires visual thinking. Words are reductive and 2 dimentional; only images and ideas are real. The minds eye makes of them what it will. All words are fake. All language is a perversion.
    I am surprised by joy.

    Both whisper lies to each other. Very well said.
    Acute perception comes with a cost. True.
    Fiction is real. The ultimate truth.

    What is it that constitutes the essence of every paradox?
    How does the key fit the lock in the box?

    The key is in the question, always.
    What is the purpose of the paradox?
    It sets the question straight.
    There is nothing else to be done.

    I hereby declare bananatrombones the winner of the First Price.
    Congratulations!
    Stay put.

  3. #23
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Yes - a good question should always beg another question. If it does not, it is a poor question! It is an art to ask a good question. And well done to you wildcat, for asking the most wonderful questions.


  4. #24
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    I thank you guys for clearing that up for me.

    (I find myself in deep water though, as I have gotten a solution to how but not to why. . .)
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  5. #25
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    I find myself in deep water though, as I have gotten a solution to how but not to why. . .
    It is easier to swim over a deep river than wade through a shallow one.

    Take your pick.

  6. #26
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    A doctor who specialises in skin diseases
    Will dream he has fallen asleep, in front of the television
    And will later wake up in front of the television
    But not remember his dream

    If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery
    Then thanksgiving and halloween would fall on the same date

    When I was four years old, I watched my mother
    Kill a spider
    With a tea cosey
    Years later, I realised it was not a spider
    It was my Uncle Harold.

    (am I doing this right?)

  7. #27
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    A doctor who specialises in skin diseases
    Will dream he has fallen asleep, in front of the television
    And will later wake up in front of the television
    But not remember his dream

    If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery
    Then thanksgiving and halloween would fall on the same date

    When I was four years old, I watched my mother
    Kill a spider
    With a tea cosey
    Years later, I realised it was not a spider
    It was my Uncle Harold.

    (am I doing this right?)
    Very good!

    Poor Uncle Harold.

  8. #28
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    I thank you guys for clearing that up for me.

    (I find myself in deep water though, as I have gotten a solution to how but not to why. . .)
    A good point.

    How do we see?
    We imagine to see.
    Why do we imagine to see?
    It is the way we see.

  9. #29
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery
    Then thanksgiving and halloween would fall on the same date
    Hilarious!


    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good point.

    How do we see?
    We imagine to see.
    Why do we imagine to see?
    It is the way we see.
    Why do we see?
    How do we see?
    We imagine to see as a means of comfort.
    Knowing all is to not know at all,
    know a little and time warps around itself. (OOT; I think . . . and Optional solution)

    Only I seem to ponder the question,
    E seem to evaluate how,
    Why am I more than less,
    without a structure to progress?

    Riddles work in my favor,
    as notions more than facts.
    Without my tongue torn,
    complexity would almost seem wry.

    Build me some structure,
    thinkers of the moon.
    And take me further in the back,
    to ponder the greatness of noon.

    (Not really out of topic but I find that you may not find that which I want you to.)

    Ok. Back to the topic.

    There's more "if"'s in this thread than noticed by most,
    facts but imaginary. (*)
    Illusions tread off your points,
    break into delusional paperwork.
    But uncle Harold know more of this than any other.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  10. #30
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Hilarious!




    Why do we see?
    How do we see?
    We imagine to see as a means of comfort.
    Knowing all is to not know at all,
    know a little and time warps around itself. (OOT; I think . . . and Optional solution)

    Only I seem to ponder the question,
    E seem to evaluate how,
    Why am I more than less,
    without a structure to progress?

    Riddles work in my favor,
    as notions more than facts.
    Without my tongue torn,
    complexity would almost seem wry.

    Build me some structure,
    thinkers of the moon.
    And take me further in the back,
    to ponder the greatness of noon.

    (Not really out of topic but I find that you may not find that which I want you to.)

    Ok. Back to the topic.

    There's more "if"'s in this thread than noticed by most,
    facts but imaginary. (*)
    Illusions tread off your points,
    break into delusional paperwork.
    But uncle Harold know more of this than any other.
    Thanks for the existentalist poetry!
    I love it.
    Sartre and the poor Moravia could only write decent prose.

    Noon is the time for the ghost.
    She is uninvited, poor dame.
    Look close. Solitude invites herself.

    Noon blinds the eye. The blind reveals the ghost.
    She looks down on us. Why?

    Read Il Disprezzo.
    The original title was: The Ghost at Noon.

    Subject: The mind deceives the eye.
    And what has disprezzo to do with it?
    Everything.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INFJ Compatibility - Why the INFJ/ENTP dynamic is hands down the best.
    By Samvega in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 869
    Last Post: 10-24-2016, 12:11 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Why the INFP male is the ideal match from an ENTJ female perspective
    By Harlow_Jem in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 07:50 PM
  3. Anime. Why the hate?
    By Annyong in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 01:47 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO