User Tag List

123 Last

deleted

Default If I were to make my own functions theory

I'd want the elements to be divided into two classifications: attraction and actualization. Thus far I find no direct connection to the two. This isn't how the current cognitive function theory lays out, but I would want to do this as an experiment at least.

So do me a favor and post your function order by these new standards. If you're attracted to feeling (presumably in others) then list "Fe", and it doesn't necessarily mean that attraction brings out your feelings but that you are likely to appreciate that kind of element. Let's say you're attracted to it in yourself but not in others, then you would still list the extroverted version, because the idea springs from visible sources rather than the subject of it. If your actualized by feeling, that you would relate with it and internalize about it then you should list "Fi." Also relating to it and internalizing about it should not mean you're necessarily attracted to it, that if you are you would list the extroverted version.

Actually list all of these functions in order from most you to least you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Could you explain a bit further what you mean by actualization and attraction?
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So if I am getting this right... Fi will be first since I am actualized by feelings, Ti is second because I am actualized by what makes sense, Te third because i am highly attracted to that in people, Si because I am actualized by the concrete, Ni because I am actualized by intuition, and so on?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Could you explain a bit further what you mean by actualization and attraction?
    I don't want to have to explain it in a way that would make me say something off base. If you strongly relate with something you would be urged to realize it, and that should try to be within the element of actualization. Attraction is more of an entertainment aspect, or a way of fueling one could say. Actualization may be more within the realm of life passion, though I'm not sure about that one.

I feel kind of out of wack at this current moment, I apologize. It might be all the bright light.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    So if I am getting this right... Fi will be first since I am actualized by feelings, Ti is second because I am actualized by what makes sense, Te third because i am highly attracted to that in people, Si because I am actualized by the concrete, Ni because I am actualized by intuition, and so on?
    Make sure it is correct though, that you're actually actualized by what makes sense etc., and you should list it out.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So are we ordering the functions by how much they matter to us? Like for me by this standard...

Fi=Ti>Te>Si=Ni>Se=Ne>Fe?

^Actually that sucks... trying again.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    So are we ordering the functions by how much they matter to us? Like for me by this standard...

Fi=Ti>Te>Si=Ni>Se=Ne>Fe?
    More so how true it is of you. As long as you're sure about that order, and E doesn't have to be about people.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    I don't want to have to explain it in a way that would make me say something off base. If you strongly relate with something you would be urged to realize it, and that should try to be within the element of actualization. Attraction is more of an entertainment aspect, or a way of fueling one could say. Actualization may be more within the realm of life passion.
    Ok... I think I get it.

So basically..... In somewhat of an order:

Ti - Actualized
    Ne - Attraction
    Ni - Actualized
    Te - Attraction
    Fe - Actualized
    Fi - Attraction
    Si - Actualized
    Se - Attraction

Hmm.... maybe. I don't know. Ya screw this list.

Honestly, the more you explain, the more accurate I can be.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

deleted

Honestly, the more you explain, the more accurate I can be.
    So it may seem. I don't want to say anything off base right now, I'd rather you try your best with what I'm giving you.

deleted

Ok... I think I get it.

So basically..... In somewhat of an order:

Ti - Actualized
    Ne - Attraction
    Ni - Actualized
    Te - Attraction
    Fe - Actualized
    Fi - Attraction
    Si - Actualized
    Se - Attraction
    No I'm not referring to the normal functions. I'm referring to the four (feeling sensing intuition and thinking)

If you're attracted to thinking lets say, you put down Te, though if you're actualized by thinking, you put Ti.

The mix up of Fe and Fi makes me think you did the whole thing with the wrong frame.