12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Default Hey Feelers (or anyone)

Do you know a Thinker who has changed your life in an emotional way? Or one who has affected you as a person by doing something other than feeding you information? The more I study music, the more I believe in subjective understanding. But I'm a T. How is this possible? Anyone here in this boat?

MBTI
    ENFP

I have known a few Ts who I have admired greatly due to the way they have handled their emotions. The MOST influencial person in my life was a T and this was definitely one of the many things I admired about him... that and his courage and general spirit. The posture that he held through his life
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    Do you know a Thinker who has changed your life in an emotional way?
    Yes I can think of one, although the way she changed my life emotionally wasn't exactly in a positive direction.

MBTI
    ENFP

Oh and did I mention that I admire their strength of character too
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Oh and did I mention that I admire their strength of character too
    See, I don't see that as a good thing. I don't see it as "handling emotions well." I see it as not having emotions to begin with.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes I can think of one, although the way she changed my life emotionally wasn't exactly in a positive direction.
    Yeah this for me too

Quite often a strong thinker's emotional advice revolves around pretending like your emotions don't exist

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Thinkers are perfectly capable of providing emotional support, and I appreciate the point of view and where they are coming from in that department. I'd say about half of the people that have influenced me emotionally have been thinkers.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Yeah this for me too

Quite often a strong thinker's emotional advice revolves around pretending like your emotions don't exist
    That is so true it isn't funny
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    Do you know a Thinker who has changed your life in an emotional way? Or one who has affected you as a person by doing something other than feeding you information? The more I study music, the more I believe in subjective understanding. But I'm a T. How is this possible? Anyone here in this boat?
    My husband (INTJ) has finally changed my life in a emotional kind of way .. now its over ..I always saw his views on everything as a poke on my character as he seemed so emotionless whereas i am so emotional .. now having had time to analyze the marriage .. i realise just how he was trying to help me .. it wasn't that he was trying to remove my emotional thinking but try and make me realise i needed to be a little less emotional and a little more rational ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

My SO has been a source of inspiration for me. I've learned a lot through him and from him. The long time we've been together hasn't been without its obstacles and I was able to learn from that emotionally, because he, unlike so many others, gave me the patience and space without judgement to wrestle through it. I don't learn when I feel pressured, I just hide. He made sure I didn't have to. He has the uncanny ability to soothe me and organize my world, even my emotions, so I can actually deal with it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”