User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Bad true things about you (shake your self-pity away, THEN write plz)

Negatives are too often clouded in self pity, sometimes expressed in too an encouraging environment.

"I'm fat"!

"No you're not, you're just lovely"

"ahh, thanks"

What else? Negatives can be told as a joke, meant to express the idea of opposite via various methods. Some kinds of jokes draw attention to person's good qualities, actually working as an advertisement for them.

Then there's token negatives.

"Ahh I rule the world, but I have bad hair".

Lets get on with this. I want to go to the real negatives before half my readers quit. No, I don't want unrealistically completely negatives too; just the truth.

So. Just to get me started..

I'm ..

-jealous of people who have "life", meaning friends and community (more than I)
    -disappointed I'm not any more intelligent
    -disappointed my personality has been crafted at some point of a life, I'm not some "true, unaltered, ''' organic ''' person (if there are some)".. or "child of nature".. it's completely, unalterably, unrevocably impossibly for me, ever
    -i've lost 5 years of my life
    -i've got no taste in clothes in the last 5 years, and i've tried to emphasize the importance of ideas over appearance, noticing I have to give up. I feel like a bum wearing what I have.

huh that's enough for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Great topic!

Foibles are fun to pick at. Best way to progress is to examine weakness.

I...

...can be short-tempered/dismissive towards others.
    ...have a hard time deciphering offensive v. funny when telling jokes in unfamiliar social territory. As a result, people misinterpret misguided attempts at humor for inappropriate 'edginess'.
    ...have a hard time 'bottling' my energy when appropriate, and occasionally piss off my (xNFJ) wife when we're watching a movie/TV.
    ...vacillate between great impulse control and willy-nilly spontaneity, which can wreak havoc on those around me.
    ...wish I protected better my connection with my mother.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^ I don't see any of that in your online persona (except the mother bit )

-I'm ruthless with myself and others
    -I'm horribly idle and waste my potential
    -I'm completely disorganised and fail to accomplish my goals
    -I value truth too much (at the expense of all else); yet I'm rarely completely honest
    -I sometimes hurt people deliberately to push them away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

since i know a hell of a lot of negatives of me, but analyze them based on their intrinsic workings, not based on how they effect others (while being aware of that), that is to say, not as behavioral traits, i could/would not give you a short list.

i would have to write a book, but it would be shaped by a shadow of "self hate", because that's just the problem with a person, who is ascending strongly at the cost of suppression of his origins, that is to say, a personality torn into pieces over several stages of development.

all the high leveled insight about ones "bad things" is judging these things harshly, because it is understanding the million of horrific consequences they would have, if set free, and that they had for so long, when they operated from the shadow. thus this judgment keeps these things locked in were they are, frozen in the shadow. what have I done? "self-defense" - murdering trans-personal live to stabilize the illusion of the own separate self. the devil himself, fallen from all grace, guilty of treason of all that is (w)holy. all the insight into one's failures is not much of a help, if it only makes one hide/run away from god (the w.holy).

so in a nutshell, that's the one negative thing behind pretty much all of them.

and when i voluntarily displayed some of my negative traits in a self-ironic humorous way - to make a topic more entertaining, a bunch of monkeys have torn me apart, just to tell me to 'get better already', while completely ignoring what the thread was actually about.

so no further examples for free.

and no, this is not where you try to accuse me of trying to sound deep, only to avoid being honest about something specific negative (voyeur!).

this is where it's your turn!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ^ I don't see any of that in your online persona (except the mother bit )

-I'm ruthless with myself and others
    -I'm horribly idle and waste my potential
    -I'm completely disorganised and fail to accomplish my goals
    -I value truth too much (at the expense of all else); yet I'm rarely completely honest
    -I sometimes hurt people deliberately to push them away
    +1

Seems cowardly to just agree with you, but you've covered many of my most obvious problem areas, as well. Thank you for your honesty.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTJ

some of my negatives:

- spend my way out of bad moods
    - often react to bad reactions to my sarcasm with more sarcasm, not less
    - spend a lot of time thinking, and not enough time doing
    - can be pretty vain
    - extremely fearful (to the point of it interfering with my life) about irrational stuff - flying and wasps, mostly
    - too addicted to praise from authority figures I respect
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Based partly on Blue's list:

• I'm ruthless with myself (and secretly ruthless of others but usually never let them know that, to protect them from me).
    • I'm horribly idle and fritter away time in which I could accomplish things of value
    • I secretly expect people to criticize what I do and/or reject me outright, so it colors how I approach and relate to them.
    • Being good at seeing the pitfalls sometimes leads me not to try hard things and thus fail, whereas I could have succeeded anyway if I had just tried harder.
    • I'm horribly undisciplined and have trouble keeping my life structured (e.g., staying on a tight budget or schedule).
    • I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know something (or how to do something), and I don't like to ask for help unless people have already made overt offers to help me.
    • I sometimes let people take advantage of my commitment to the relationship or willingness to flex and put up with more crap and pick up their slack.
    • I don't like to hurt people and have sometimes not stood up for myself when I should have, or I feel guilty when I do stand up for myself.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

okay, just because i like to talk about myself, i will throw in a free extra. actually, because it might be worth something, to look at this topic (bullying and self-defense) from a perspective that is not commonly held. have you ever been mobbed? i have never been mobbed for my personality (i don't count verbal mockery), but i have been held hostage violently, at the age of nine or so, for having a weak body and slight inclination to display fear (I am fun to play with). too bad, my fear did not stop me, from spitting one of two bullies into his face. i don't remember how i got out of this situation. probably i was kicking, then running.

so this is, where the metaphorical murder happened, that i was talking about (one of them - not the original probably, but the one of most symbolical value). and i murdered so much in that moment. and i still go back in my dreams to murder that guy again. and have pity for him, afterwards. but then the other guy tries to murder me.

i murdered myself, by putting proud over security, attacking the stronger force, rather than playing save.

i murdered him, for the delusional sake of my proud.
    i murdered him again and again to justify that.
    i murdered his friend, so there would be no witness of what i did.
    i murdered the witness of my guilt.

i murdered myself, again and again, by blaming me for risking my live for my proud, suppressing anything that could be interpreted as display of proud by anyone (since i had projected the witness, thus no control over details) again and again, believing it's for safety (believing that it is for your safety as well), when it's just removing me from live. i have probably murdered a lot of proud people

i have murdered anyone who's heart relied on me staying alive, most notably my mother.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm deathly afraid of rejection once people find out who I really am beyond my "surface self".
    I have trouble accepting generosity in my direction.
    I have problems realising my own self-worth.
    I can be very blunt to the point of being rude.
    I, generally, don't like most people.
    I don't like asking for help, because I think I can always figure the problem out by myself.
    I overcomplicate and overthink things.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i would have to write a book, but it would be shaped by a shadow of "self hate", because that's just the problem with a person, who is ascending strongly at the cost of suppression of his origins, that is to say, a personality torn into pieces over several stages of development.
    No accusation of failed depth in there, as you've always managed to stimulate my thinking.

Discontinuity of my personality has at times brought great distress to me, but at times, freedom. Many times I've felt extremely hard and deep, to the point of failing to live of act because of it. I think I have had to rework my most stable core of myself .. or the next most stable parts of myself.. for 5 times in my life. So many separate lives with little or no understanding between them.

Change from juvenile to mature. From strong to failed. From desiring to somethign devoid of feeling.

Sometimes it's just that the biomass of what's i've made up of has persisted, with my mind and cognition drifting to whatever.

Just replying to a part that most resonated with me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]