User Tag List

First 23456 Last

heart on fire

The two worst faults in myself that cause me the most pain:

1. It's very hard for me to adequately extrovert out what I feel and think inside, especially verbal.

2. It's very hard for me to stay in the moment, it always has been. I go through my life with my body doing all the things I need to do to surivive but my mind a million miles away, even when I most want to be in the moment. It's like my life in the external world is a movie viewed through cotton gauze.

3. I've never felt I had enough physical energy to meet the demands of life and I hate myself over it many times.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The two worst faults in myself that cause me the most pain:

1. It's very hard for me to adequately extrovert out what I feel and think inside, especially verbal.

2. It's very hard for me to stay in the moment, it always has been. I go through my life with my body doing all the things I need to do to surivive but my mind a million miles away, even when I most want to be in the moment. It's like my life in the external world is a movie viewed through cotton gauze.

3. I've never felt I had enough physical energy to meet the demands of life and I hate myself over it many times.
    1 and 2 are me to a tee. I don't feel like I actively participate in life most of the time. It can be quite a burden when you can't control it. When ever I try to connect with people I cant seem to get the right words to come out. I can criticize and tell general details of information to people with out delay, but when I try to make a bond it doesn't work out the way I planned.

Glycerine

I...
    Overanalyze things (constant Ni-Ti loop)
    See myself in the most negative light like being ugly and dumb (people are usually surprised by this... so no idea)
    talk incessantly sometimes
    am extremely conflict-avoiding
    ALWAYS SELL MYSELF SHORT

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    I...
    Overanalyze things (constant Ni-Ti loop)
    See myself in the most negative light like being ugly and dumb (people are usually surprised by this... so no idea)
    talk incessantly sometimes
    am extremely conflict-avoiding
    ALWAYS SELL MYSELF SHORT
    +1

I have a hard time being present in the moment, too. I liken it to living in a sort of fog. I really like they way Heart put it, "my life in the external world is a movie viewed through cotton gauze" I think that's far more articulate than the way I put it.
    I have a strong tendency to think everyone hates me, usually in the form of picking up on their moods and creating a story to fill in the blanks where I lack the data to know why they may be unhappy. It'd be much easier just to ask, but I'd hate to intrude.
    Oh yeah, there's one... I lose a lot of people trying not to intrude. I tend to assume people must not want to talk to me if they aren't initiating regular contact. This has been particularly confusing in romantic relationships.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

more ..

-I'm trying hard to make myself financially successfull, and I'm jealous of people who seem to have it easy and still live a balanced life
    -sometimes I feel ashamed, empty and rotten for focusing my efforts so narrowly.. I try to make money first, gain acceptable income, THEN focus on friends, environment, humane issues, beauty, etc.. but I'm afraid it will just leave me empty inside, and I'm empty to begin with for even considering such a thing
    -I've worked to remove my need for intelligence, interesting stimulus and satisfaction to enable myself to continue in an unsatisfying job, and I'm afraid I'll stay this way. Other than that, I beat myself for not being able to summon intelligence and creativity out of myself outside workplace settings when I want.
    -I work to improve my future by getting more money, then investing it wisely, but my dull work and much studying makes me use too much money on alcohol, and I blame myself for it
    -I alternate between giving something little out of my money and panicing about the financial loss of it.
    -I alienate some people, even my girlfriend, for not allowing them to "waste my time", or being "inefficient", tho I've got better with this. As a consequence I think I'm an ass, even though I feel for her, and I'm not unfeeling, I feel much more for my own efficiency. I think people should adapt to my standards of efficiency, as they are fair, and I'm not responsible for the stress it causes. The life causes stress, I'm just not avoiding it. Then I know I'm still being terrible human being and feel failed.
    -All this bothers me, because I value all the other stuff more, other than money.. and I have to go against my values because of necessity, and I'm still improving my situation only slowly. Someone else would surely be more inventful and work smarter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFJ

Get incredibly angry when people don't see my point of view.
    No-one could ever rip me to shreds like myself.
    Hurt me and i will be so cruel back with my choice of words.
    I do not take my own advice .. but others love it
    Find it difficult to put things into perspective, Oh the pain.
    Wonders if others see me as a fraud.
    I over analyze everything .. its a jab or a poke at my character.
    Wish i could sleep and turn off my brain at bed time .. i think 24/7 and i am not joking there ..

I thought i would feel better writing this .. ahhh just some other things to work on .. Lovely .. lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

So many negatives I identify with ENTJ, ENTP and INTJ.. others, understand and .. feel, if not identify. INTP, ISFP, INFJ, to mention some.

It's deeper and more profound to read these kinds of answers than it has been to read people's theories on someone's strengths.

Sometimes there's blaming about the time and how bad it really is for someone.

Then, like here, someone tells directly what they're bad at, or how it's bad for them.

Now that's an entirely different situation. There's opportunity for sympathy, understanding.

That's what I've done. Read your expressions with care, feeling and thought.

Thank you.

I hope this has been equally enlightening for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Constantly being deceptive with most people I know/meet in order to go along to get along, and knowing that this creeps into my self-perception (living a lie, in essence).
    - Dismissiveness and inability to return the comfort and effective support that loved ones consistently and reliably show me.
    - Destroying relationships of all kinds through lack of meaningful communication
    - Failing to do anything about the gaping disconnect between my self-image and the way I behave in the world.
    -Unforgiving of others' faults when mine are plenty.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*I feel as if I'm never fully present

*I feel that others ascribe way too many good motives to me even while striving desperately to embody such good motives

*There are near constant storms rolling though, some quiet and raining, some hailing and striking, and I feel really deficient because I can't control them

*I'm easy to shame

*It can be easy to wear out my patience when I'm already in "guillotine" mode
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

-Can be envious of others success.
    -more insecure then I let on
    -often an extremist in likes and dislikes, choices, behaviours
    -have a harder time than I would like organizing all of the details in things I undertake
    -too serious
    -sometimes have a need to be superior to others (try hard to keep this in check)
    -neglectful of the feelings of my loved ones
    -not as intelligent as I want to be
    -am capable of losing my temper