I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Because the idea might be like "lets go on a killing rampage!"
    I knew someone would say some smart arse answer to this .. Thanks .

OK so you think killing rampage, great, just make sure you do it where they still have the chair/lethal injection available. One less psycho nut to worry about.

IF .. on the other hand, the idea is something like taking the initiative and asking someone out on a date, or applying for a job where you don't have all the skills but they are transferable .. then why not just go for it .. Why over analyze and talk yourself out of it???

That is technically what you do isn't it .. You talk yourself out of it?????

Please correct me if i am wrong.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I knew someone would say some smart arse answer to this .. Thanks .

OK so you think killing rampage, great, just make sure you do it where they still have the chair/lethal injection available. One less psycho nut to worry about.

IF .. on the other hand, the idea is something like taking the initiative and asking someone out on a date, or applying for a job where you don't have all the skills but they are transferable .. then why not just go for it .. Why over analyze and talk yourself out of it???

That is technically what you do isn't it .. You talk yourself out of it?????

Please correct me if i am wrong.
    Ne, it leads to completely unrealistic ideas, so we think it through before doing.

And also, the main thing is because a large amount of our ideas aren't ideas for actions we could do, but theories about whatever intellectual subject has caught our interest. So we test them mentally.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESFJ

Ne, it leads to completely unrealistic ideas, so we think it through before doing.

And also, the main thing is because a large amount of our ideas aren't ideas for actions we could do, but theories about whatever intellectual subject has caught our interest. So we test them mentally.
    See, this is where i just don't get INTx's .. Have you ever thought something through, knew it was a somewhat bad idea but still gone for it and it turned out to be good?

OK so where my ideas are about actions. Your ideas are mostly about subjects, but doesn't that kind of thinking across over into your actions (or lack of them).
    Serious brain fart here .. maybe i am just not meant to understand how you lot work. You lot are to intellectual for me. Not that i am stupid but i have great life skills as opposed to being knowledgeable.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    See, this is where i just don't get INTx's .. Have you ever thought something through, knew it was a somewhat bad idea but still gone for it and it turned out to be good?

OK so where my ideas are about actions. Your ideas are mostly about subjects, but doesn't that kind of thinking across over into your actions (or lack of them).
    Serious brain fart here .. maybe i am just not meant to understand how you lot work. You lot are to intellectual for me. Not that i am stupid but i have great life skills as opposed to being knowledgeable.
    Sure, there's been times when things have turned out better than I thought they would. On the other hand, at least for me, most of the time when I don't do some idea that pops into my head isn't because I think it would be bad, but because I'm already content where I am. There's not a whole lot more that I want. We say to ourselves "I don't wanna do this because it might go bad". We can handle things going bad. Rather, we say to ourselves "why do I want to do this? Even if it gives me some enjoyment, I can get that by doing other things."

Thinking for us isn't a tool per se, but one of our main forms of entertainment. We enjoy thinking and would do it all day if given the chance.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENFJ

I am presented with a problem.

I come up with my automatic solution. For some reason something pops up automatically, with really very little root in anything at all except I know that it's the best idea I have.

But usually this idea is unpalatable. So I try to think of a BETTER idea that will be less unpalatable and still get as good results.

Usually, this doesn't work. I go with the first idea.

My thinking is very simple compared to most of yours, isn't it?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESFJ

Sure, there's been times when things have turned out better than I thought they would. On the other hand, at least for me, most of the time when I don't do some idea that pops into my head isn't because I think it would be bad, but because I'm already content where I am. There's not a whole lot more that I want. We say to ourselves "I don't wanna do this because it might go bad". We can handle things going bad. Rather, we say to ourselves "why do I want to do this? Even if it gives me some enjoyment, I can get that by doing other things."

Thinking for us isn't a tool per se, but one of our main forms of entertainment. We enjoy thinking and would do it all day if given the chance.
    Thank you so much for explaining that to me, my head doesn't hurt as much now . You enjoy thinking? Are you mad? (but then you haven't got the F, lucky you) lol
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp

Input (new idea/ new info/ knowledge etc) > what to do with it? (ignore? note it for later? is it a good idea? is it applicable? is it a problem? do I care?) > decide > do (or not).

... it's wrapped around whether I'm going to do anything about it or not. In the process I would weigh the pros and cons, sometimes involving actual tables, then decide the next action.
    Close your eyes, clear your heart,
    Cut the cord.
    - The Killers

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

External input-

Do I like this? Is it good? is it bad? Is it worth my time?

Then, "okay this is how I WANT to react/ what I want to say/ what I want to do, but does it make sense for me to go about it in this way? Remembers stuff that relates from the past. (Contradict the decision in as many ways as possible. Exhaust downsides)

Usually then I make the decision to act/say/react (usually how I want to rather than following the contradictions- since there is usually little harm/resistance in doing what I want.)

Now, if its a thing that I want to do, then, how do I organize it?

So beautiful day-puppies bored in cage-decide to take dogs for walk- NOW I need to get dressed, take a shower- (basically all the steps to make the thing happen.) This last process is skipped when its not regarding something that's going to happen.

If i'm learning something.

Told/read
    Repeat somehow (writing, speech.)
    Do. (Sometimes not possible if its a theory.)

So my thought process is pretty linear about everything.
    Usually its pretty fast.
    Sometimes I get caught between the good/bad/make sense steps which makes me really indecisive.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Until I find something better to describe it.

YooouuuTuuube
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."