• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does the name of your type suits you?

wolfy

awsm
Socionics for ISFP are 'The Peace Maker and 'The Mediator' I don't like them.
Hostage Negotiator would be cool.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think "the thinker" suit the INTP more.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Counselor.

I guess it suits me, as far as generic titles go. Although I see myself as more of a listener and 'nudger' and big-picture commentator instead, and people can take what they want of that, or leave it, as they choose.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Why do you only refer to Keirsey's names? There are a lot of descriptions with different names to include Berens/Nardi's whose system is an improvement, in my opinion, over Keirsey's. As an ISTP, there is Analyst Operator, the Realist, the Mechanic, etc.

None fit me any better than the other since each author has a reason for giving their name. I do think that Berens/Nardi’s fits me best because their logic is that the first word is how we see ourselves, but not necessarily relate to the second word and the world sees us in vice-versa. That I am finding to be absolutely true. Besides Keirsey’s title goes back to the stereotype which prevented me from determining my type for years:
crafts⋅man –noun, plural -men.
1. a person who practices or is highly skilled in a craft; artisan.
2. an artist.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't think a champoin suts me very well. The word champion has some heroic connotations for me and I certainly don' see myself in that light HAHAHAHA I suppose I do champion causes to some extent but that doesn't make me a champion! I'm way to forgetful to be a champion... I mean don't those people have like ambitions that they actually acheive and drive and stuff...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think a champoin suts me very well. The word champion has some heroic connotations for me and I certainly don' see myself in that light HAHAHAHA I suppose I do champion causes to some extent but that doesn't make me a champion! I'm way to forgetful to be a champion... I mean don't those people have like ambitions that they actually acheive and drive and stuff...

sc0877dq.gif

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
docbrown.jpg

I have that hat in dark gray. Inventor fits.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The Forbidden Donut eater 's also a good fit.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I do. Long before I discovered my MBTI type, people used to come to me for counselling and advice. This wasn't always welcome or encouraged by me, but it happened anyway.

Later, when I found out about the INFJ type, it made more sense - somehow other people were drawn to me as a natural counsellor. I accepted my fate, and have developed my skills to become better at counselling. One day I may do it full-time.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Inspector's cool, sounds fairly fitting, but not completely. I'd rate the choice a 7/10.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTJ - Fieldmarshal

Yes, it does suit me. Warfare, weapons, militaria, military history and all sorts of armed and unarmed fighting are all major interests of mine :) I literally had thousands of WWII plastic figures of german, english, american, soviet and japanese soldiers when I was a kid. Still have them in some box somewhere... I loved to build huge battlefields of LEGO and all sorts of stuff and play war with my ENTP brother ;) Besides that, we made tin soldiers (Napoleonic wars, Thirty years war etc) and quite a lot of model building and coloring, especially WWII tanks and planes.

EDIT: As if that wasn't enough, I actually had a gang armed with peashooters when I was 7-11 years old. There was an opposing gang living nearby, and we used to fight them regularly. A lot of time was spent on actually infiltrating their gang, doing recon and things like that :) The village where I grew up is surrounded by mountains, and there are lots of WW I & WWII bunkers and old forts in the hills... Trust me, it was an interesting time. :D We had treehouses as our bases, and we collected supplies for these "fortifications" pretty much wherever we could. Me and my little team actually nicked a ton of shit from a couple of military storages :D Gas, tools, pieces of clothing and lots of other miscellanea. Bigger and more expensive things, too... But I won't mention that here :D

That sounds so awesome. :D
I don't think we ever went as far as infiltration with the kids around here, we usually just had all out battles, with apples, pinecones, sticks, water, snow, mud, acorns, berries, etc.
It was the most interesting in forests, where flanking maneuvers and ambushing were possible. :cheese:
We spent loads of time on designing and building new weapons and devising strategies.

Good times. :jew:

EDIT: On topic, I don't think "Healer" is the best word, it is kind of fitting though, I guess. I saw one description naming INFPs "Idealists", which is a lot better suiting for me.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
With some people, yes. It isn't how I see myself overall, but there are a few people I've filled that role for rather well.

None of the other names fit me any better, though. They're all too proactive, and I'm much more passive than any of them. The best name for me would probably be "Commentator" or something, though I'm not sure.

S

Sniffles

INFJ-Counsellor
Not exactly the name I'd choose for myself, but I guess it's true. I still laugh about the time when it literally seemed like EVERBODY was coming to me with their problems and wanting support. I was puzzled as to why this was, and the common answer I got was that because I listen and very gentle.

Split_Infinitive

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Nope, I don't really see myself as a counsellor. Is it possible to be too empathetic to be one? When people talk to me about their problems I'm the one who ends up crying. I also never really thought myself to be very good at listening (it requires one of your senses, see, and I have no attention span whatsoever). I think "reluctant teacher" would suit me better. And some of the members of various teams that I lead would probably think I'm a bit of a fieldmarshall too.

Ouroboros

MBTI Type
INFP
Do you see yourself in the name of your type?

Not at all. I don't know if I should lay on hands or prep an operating table...I've seen the INFP type referred to as "Questor", which makes more sense to me. "The Dreamer" works for me as well. I've never felt like I'm a Healer or a therapist. A lot of my time is spent examine motives and fantasizing, but healing, especially emotionally, is outside my ken.