User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    >Harmonizer Clarifier or Harmonizer Catalyst?

hm. about my understanding of the word harmony:

the value of harmony: paying tender attention to the needs of an individuals emotionality, thus having ideals about interaction that do not ever cut into personal space. this is the harmony of the socionics INFJ (FiNe) or probably just as well of socioncs isfj (FiSe).

it's not my thing, i guess.
    har?mo?nize
    1. to bring into harmony, accord, or agreement: to harmonize one's views with the new situation.

–verb (used without object)
    2. to be in agreement in action, sense, or feeling: Though of different political parties, all the delegates harmonized on civil rights.
    if i had to re-define harmony, so i can relate to it better .. i would rather just replace it with a redefined version of naturalist:

i would like to attribute the word to myself, if it would refer tho the big picture of things like character and growth, evolution. just as introverted-feeling, my vision is introverted, so it's valuing (noticing! recognizing!) an entities intrinsic way over the way of external interests. [b]but since it is intuitive, it is not restricted to human emotionality, but concerned with all patterns of process, and thus an entity that is subjected to this introverted concern does not have to be an emotional individual, it could be a whole society as well or anything abstract.
    So there is no question that you prefer INFJ to INFP? Vicky Jo is a practitioner that follows Berens’ philosophy. She and her husband have set up websites INFJ.COM and INTJ.COM. She has also set up a webpage distinguishing INF types. It may be helpful if there is any doubt. I don’t think most INFJs confuse themselves as INFP (and maybe the same in reversal). Since INFJs share the “Chart the Course” interaction style with ISTJ, INTJ and ISTP, they see themselves being much more conceptual and probably confuses themselves as thinking types (especially male INFJs). INFPs in my opinion, are much more laid back and this may be indicative of their “Behind the Scenes” interaction style similar to ISFJ, INTP and ISFP.
    catalyst is an interesting word, but maybe over the top. i cant just lay my hand on stuff, to make it grow. i can only facilitate its intrinsic interests.
    so naturalist counselor or facilitator would be more modest.
    cat?a?lyst
    ?
    1. something that causes activity between two or more persons or forces without itself being affected.
    2. a person or thing that precipitates an event or change: His imprisonment by the government served as the catalyst that helped transform social unrest into revolution.
    3. a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Actually, Clarifier I like....Harmonizer, I don't so much.
    Clarifying, is getting to the heart of the situation, which is very me, and I like that connotation about clarifying meaning, (or translating).
    If you are definite about your NF temperament, then maybe you should look at the INF webpage that I referred Nanook to above. However I am unsure of your gender, but if Female, you could be dismissing INTP as your type due to gender expectations. Just my thoughts. However based on what you are saying and the fact that you are comfortable with being NF, you sound more like someone who prefers Directing to Informing to influence others and Movement to controlling when focusing your attention during interaction. You could be a "Chart the Course" type:
    The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this style focus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.
    as opposed to a “Behind the Scenes” type:
    The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Healer does not really suit me. I can play that role, but it is not a defining word for me. I've seen INFP called "The Dreamer" and "The Idealist" and those terms hit at the core of who I am much more accurately.
    This is the first time that I have paid attention to what other temperaments thought about Keirsey's work. I have always known that he did a poor job on SPs, but it sounds as though NF types have some resistance as well.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Doesn't quite fit. I obviously don't build physical things. I don't have a drive to make things. Mentally it fits better, but still a little off. I construct a model of the universe in my head. But I'm not designing it, I'm replicating the universe internally. It's as if I'm solving a complicated jigsaw puzzle in my head. Each piece is gathered by Ne, and put together by Ti.

LII Analyst fits me better (like how I over-analyzed "Architect").
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    To be an architect is not about building things. It's about creating ideas for other people to build. :P

The architect is just the guy coming up with the sketch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    But see, I don't feel like I'm creating ideas, I'm finding ideas.
    Yep, I see it the same way as Costrin.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I think "the thinker" suit the INTP more.
    I don't think that quite captures it. And now I'm all self-concious about saying 'I think'.

'Knowledge seeker' or 'Seeker of understanding' (I was gonna type 'Understanderer' but that's a truly godawful word) is kinda closer at capturing it. What always drives me, as Costrin said earlier, is to have a replica of the entire universe inside my head, at all scales, from the present all the way back to the Big Bang, and capturing every nuance of the world around me, people, politics, science, psychology, ecology, cosmology, everything.

There are probably some minor aspects of 'Architect' in my current job but that's kind of a side-effect of wanting to know how everything works behind the scenes.

at intp Analytical Thinker (AT)
    I can live with 'Analytical Thinker'. It's better than 'Architect' IMO, but still doesn't quite capture the extreme need for new knowledge.

Edit: btw, interesting thread.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think the problem with the INTP archetype is that it's hard to come up with a name that accounts for both Ti and Ne. 'Analytical Thinker' would be too Ti, and 'Architect' too Ne, though I guess Ti would be included.

I like The Articulator, but I'm not sure that's a word. Spell Check sure doesn't seem to think so.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think the problem with the INTP archetype is that it's hard to come up with a name that accounts for both Ti and Ne. 'Analytical Thinker' would be too Ti, and 'Architect' too Ne, though I guess Ti would be included.
    Good point. I tend to be fairly Ti-heavy, less Ne, so maybe that's why Architect doesn't really resonate. (with the usual caveat that this is assuming I've typed myself correctly)
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

i think architect is a pretty perfect metaphor for the true dichotomy perceiver (NiTe)
    except the metaphor of a building lacks dynamic, but if you look at a bridge the process tension becomes apparent. a building is also a big picture which is the creative key for the possible involution of unmanifested story (compare with how science fiction stories live through a single idea-see isaac assivmov), as opposed to a long specific series/story/twisted plot, as Ne likes them. a building is like an ideology to the visionary, as it gives character to a future town. the Te structure facilitates the birth of the vision. the vision is always in the birth stage, at the definition of it's intrinsic character, untouched by the externally imposed complications to it's further manifestation.

@ "?" any reply would be a deep socionics/mbti discussion .. seems too off-topic for this thread.
    maybe some day later, i will feel like adding some of the notes, that came up around this thread/dialoge so far, to my blog

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well, I see Mastermind and I think, "Hmm, well, I mean, I guess I like the board game..."

And then Bestfittype has 'Conceptualizer Directors' which is just... a mouthful.

Lifeexplore has 'Free-Thinker,' which I guess would be okay but it makes me think of free-range chickens, so I only give it a 6/10.

They cannot seem to adequately describe INTJs. 'Tis a shame.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INxJ

Mastermind. Not really.

Critic and Observer works best for me.

Intuitive logical introvert - Wikisocion

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I think the ENTPs should be "crazy nut case"
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!