User Tag List

First 56789 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

?Healer...not so much...maybe a little bit...maybe a bit more than I'd like. I've also heard INFP's referred to as crusaders, and that sounds much more like me (or truth be told, more like how I fancy myself to be.)
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

here is a different bunch of names for your consideration
    they are taken from ipersonic.com

hi infj Harmony-seeking Idealist (HI)
    ei enfj Engaged Idealist (EI)
    dt entj Dynamic Thinker (DT)
    gt entp Groundbreaking Thinker (GT)
    si enfp Spontaneous Idealist (SI)
    ld esfp Laid-back Doer (LD)
    sr esfj Social Realist (SR)
    dr estj Determined Realist (DR)
    ed estp Energetic Doer (ED)
    id istp Individualistic Doer (ID)
    sd isfp Sensitive Doer (SD)
    gr isfj Good-natured Realist (GR)
    rr istj Reliable Realist (RR)
    it intj Independent Thinker (IT)
    at intp Analytical Thinker (AT)
    di infp Dreamy Idealist (DI)

here is the german version (apparently they are meant to be the close to literal translations, but sometimes the german words are better. imho. translation is from their site)

fr esfj führsorglicher realist
    lm esfp lässiger macher
    zr estj zielstrebiger realist
    em estp energetischer macher
    ei enfj engagierter idealist
    si enfp spontaner idealist
    ed entj ehrgeiziger denker
    id entp innovativer denker
    gr isfj gutmütiger realist
    sm isfp sensibler macher
    vr istj verlässlicher realist
    im istp individualistischer macher
    hi infj harmoniebedürftiger idealist
    vi infp verträumter idealist
    ud intj unabhängiger denker
    ad intp analytischer denker

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I think Catalyst would better suit me.
    Would you see yourself as well as a Foreseer
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to have prescience of; to know in advance; foreknow.
    2. to see beforehand.
    or Counselor (as depicted by Keirsey)? Also whether you see yourself as one, do people who know you superficially consider you a Developer?

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    ?Healer...not so much...maybe a little bit...maybe a bit more than I'd like. I've also heard INFP's referred to as crusaders, and that sounds much more like me (or truth be told, more like how I fancy myself to be.)
    The term used by Berens/Nardi is “Harmonizer” for INFP wherein others would consider you a “Clarifier” (which you most likely don’t see or relate to).
    clar?i?fy? ?/?klær??fa?/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [klar-uh-fahy] Show IPA verb, -fied, -fy?ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to make (an idea, statement, etc.) clear or intelligible; to free from ambiguity.
    2. to free (the mind, intelligence, etc.) from confusion; revive: The short nap clarified his thoughts.

–verb (used without object) 4. to become clear, pure, or intelligible: The political situation clarified.
    The latter word reminds me of the statement used in describing the Fi function, “We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, "sometimes, some things just have to be said." I can see the Analyzer in myself, however would never have considered myself an Operator, until I looked up it’s denotation. Since it’s one of those words with ambiguous meanings, there are certain parts of the definition that do fit.

how i relate to them ....

• counselor would be okay for me. my first-name means actually "keen/audacious/bold counselor."
    • healer is a bit off. i have looked into shamanism but it does not seem to be for me. i have not looked into reiki stuff. i do have a -little- energy awareness. its just that i have not touched enough girls to know if they dont have cancer because of me.
    • i do like the label architect, because i have a sort of a blue print mind, albeit i seem to prefer reverse engineering to creation.
    • mastermind does not work for me. but i have labeled myself chief-ideologue at times :evil:
    • crafter scares the shit out of me. i dont want to be wasted in a treadmill
    • composer - hm ... i guess i have composed some stuff. i used to have an obsession with communicating identity through clothing or hairstyle, but not so much anymore. my creations in this area have been fairly insane. not something people would adore. also not very skillful technically. i implement the idea and run around with that stage of production, not minding that the details are not done.

from the ipersonic list:

• dreamy idealist sucks big time. i am not a dreamer. i am just sitting there behind the window with wide open mouth, looking into the rain. because i am trying to own the fabric of reality.
    • harmony seeking idealist - would have been appealing at some point if i did not know, that it better describes introverted feeling people.
    • sensitive doer is nice, except for the doing part.
    • independent thinker hits my spot, except for the thinking part.
    • analytical thinker .... i like to believe that i have empathy for reality which is a synthetic process in my eyes. but still the product is sort of an equivalent to analysis. sounds a bit like reverse engineering ...

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    The term used by Berens/Nardi is “Harmonizer” for INFP wherein others would consider you a “Clarifier” (which you most likely don’t see or relate to).
    The latter word reminds me of the statement used in describing the Fi function, “some things just have to be said”. I can see the Analyzer in myself, however would never have considered myself an Operator, until I looked up it’s denotation. Since it’s one of those words with ambiguous meanings, there are certain parts of the definition that do fit.
    Actually, Clarifier I like....Harmonizer, I don't so much.
    Clarifying, is getting to the heart of the situation, which is very me, and I like that connotation about clarifying meaning, (or translating).
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    how i relate to them ....

[LIST][*]counselor would be okay for me. my first name is actually keen/audacious/bold counselor.
    That could be describing Foreseer/Developer under Berens/Nardi, although you seem to see the boldness in you.
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    [*]healer is a bit off.

from the ipersonic list:

• dreamy idealist sucks big time. i am not a dreamer. i am just sitting there behind the window with wide open mouth, because i am trying to own the fabric of reality.
    • harmony seeking idealist - would have been appealing at some point if i did not know, that it better describes introverted feeling people.
    • sensitive doer is nice, except for the doing part.
    • intedpendent thinker hits my spot, except for the thinking part.
    • analytical thinker .... i like to believe that i have empathy for reality which is a synthetic process in my eyes. but still the product is sort of an equivalent to analysis. sounds a bit like reverse engineering ...
    What about Harmonizer Clarifier or Harmonizer Catalyst?

>Harmonizer Clarifier or Harmonizer Catalyst?

hm. about my understanding of the word harmony:

the value of harmony: paying tender attention to the needs of an individuals emotionality, thus having ideals about interaction that do not ever cut into personal space. this is the harmony of the socionics INFJ (FiNe) or probably just as well of socioncs isfj (FiSe).

it's not my thing, i guess.

naturalist:

i am afraid that the term "naturalist" is associated with plant loving and knowing all their names. i know none and have ignored the green for most of my live. now i like nature, but i still could not care less, about how photosynthesis works in detail or how they are called in books. i think such interest intro various natural details/anectodes could be better handeled by extroverted intuition. so maybe the ENFP is the best candidate for the classic meaning of "naturalist", as far as i know this meaning correctly.

if i had to re-define harmony, so i can relate to it better .. i would rather just replace it with a redefined version of naturalist:

i would like to attribute the word to myself, if it would refer tho the big picture of things like character and growth, evolution. just as introverted-feeling, my vision is introverted, so it's valuing (noticing! recognizing!) an entities intrinsic way over the way of external interests. but since it is intuitive, it is not restricted to human emotionality, but concerned with all patterns of process, and thus an entity that is subjected to this introverted concern does not have to be an emotional individual, it could be a whole society as well or anything abstract.

catalyst is an interesting word, but maybe over the top. i cant just lay my hand on stuff, to make it grow. i can only facilitate its intrinsic interests.
    so naturalist counselor or facilitator would be more modest.

i will look into the berens nardi stuff ...

pdf file http://aii.lgracegames.com/documents/MBTI_Pers.PDF
    google html version of same pdf file: The 16 Personality Types by Linda V.Berens , Dario Nardi

MBTI
    ENTJ

Fieldmarshal fits me all too well, if I let it. I try not to let it show too much in social situations, cuz it makes people think I'm an ass.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Healer does not really suit me. I can play that role, but it is not a defining word for me. I've seen INFP called "The Dreamer" and "The Idealist" and those terms hit at the core of who I am much more accurately.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe