User Tag List

First 345

i am just not working with definitions (like memorized formulars that i can recall), so i cant deal with such questions. i am writing from a flow of inspirations. i can not think of anything to add for further clarification. i will certainly come up with further examples, that portray the patterns (i mean, later in my life....). i believe, inspiration is mostly the other way round for me: examples make patterns emerge. i dont create examples from forumlas/deffinitions. but patterns purify given examples. patterns are like significants to exemplary memories, but this is a weak connection. patterns are significants to creativity (like inventing memories). but i cant force it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i am just not working with definitions (like memorized formulars that i can recall), so i cant deal with such questions. i am writing from a flow of inspirations. i can not think of anything to add for further clarification. i will certainly come up with further examples, that portray the patterns (i mean, late in my life....). i believe, inspiration is mostly the other way round for me: examples make patterns emerge. i dont create examples from forumlas/deffinitions. but patterns purify given examples. patterns are like significants to exemplary memories, but this is a weak connection. patterns are significants to creativity. but i cant force it.
    I see. Well, then continue on, good sir. I'll respond later (or not, if I forget) when one, I'm less tired, and two, I understand your position more.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTP

I wish I could write with more Te. I'm a slave to Ti. I love reading the writing of ENTJ's in particular.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

The most common reaction I get to my writing is, gee whiz, each paragraph could be an article in itself -- and then it just... ends?

Oh yeah, I say. I hit my word limit.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yep, my lack of Te is probably the reason why I'm so reserved; why bother saying something if it won't be understood? If I feel it's worth the time/effort, I can spend up to 30 minutes writing a few paragraphs, which is absolutely necessary to make it cohesive and understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Argus2968 View Post
    I wish I could write with more Te. I'm a slave to Ti. I love reading the writing of ENTJ's in particular.
    Yes, they're excellent communicators, which is their most intimidating aspect, imo; Their exceptional Te shames me - makes me even more self conscious of my wacky Ti.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Is it possible to have both, then? Everything I write, just about, is technical, precise, and to the point. Very list-like. However, some of the things I write can only be understood by either myself, or someone who uses (or understands) my terminology.

Sounds like both, to me.

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    It seems like the Te factual writing style resembles essay form: Thesis, Supporting evidence, Conclusion, all organized into one tight package.

But Ti reads more like a chapter in a Math or Science book: Factoid, example, Hypothesis, Theorem, Corollary...not particularly leading anywhere, but a bunch of information in chunks that you can basically take in any order.
    I know it was clear to me when I was studying religious apologetics.

• Te, yes -- very much a tight little package, with focus on details.
    • Ti -- a more conceptual argument, with less emphasis on specific details, it works in mental algebra rather than hard math. The logic connections/arguments occur between the conceptual points, not the hard detail.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glycerine

No wonder why I have an extremely difficult time writing papers. My NiTi go overboard.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

You're saying you get lost in the NiTi gritty?

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    You're saying you get lost in the NiTi gritty?
    Yes I am. It's like an epic battle.