User Tag List

First 12345 Last

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Definatly true for me.

I think the difference is: Ti likes to write down how we met our conclusions, what we thought is important and like to try and show how we got to our conclusions. Whilest Te is more concerned with the factual results and how other people will read it.

Maybe...
    Then what can be said of speaking styles?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Funny you mention that.

Introvert people seem to have an impaired speaking style compared to extravert people. But I think that's mainly do to the fact that introvert people have trouble with speed of speech, and because Ti tends to wander around, the speech that come out might hamper and wiggle around a bit.

Whilest Te would have a more solid and easy to think structure, capable of bringing that out through speech more directly, profoundly and strongly. Then a Ti would be able to do.

The effect seems that:

Ti
    Profound in writing style
    Impaired in speech

Te
    'Simple' in writing style
    Profound in speech

Thoughts? :P

deleted

Well simple meaning clear for Te. Clear writing, clear speech. I don't always have clear speech, but Te happens to be a safe bet resulting in my explanation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

So yes, I suppose Ti is more chaotic in nature. It isn't guided along structures, but just sort of flows uncontrollably within.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I've been wondering the differences of Te and Ti for the longest time. I just having given much of a crap to researching the difference. I do have a solid grip on Fe vs Fi, so maybe I can make some kind of analogous comparison because they're all J functions. I need to think on this...

As for being a good writer, you don't need T to be one. I'm fantastic at writing. Of course that could be having a dominate extroverted judging function followed by Ni to consider the various points and Se to flesh those points out with examples. I own at analogies btw...

Hopefully you guys can help me figure these two functions out in terms of cognitive theory. I like to think that Fe is like an interconnected web as well, except that it represents social roles and rules rather than logic-based ideas and that certain actions that others do can upset my feelings greatly, in proportion to how much they pull on this web in a certain direction.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    I like to think that Fe is like an interconnected web as well, except that it represents social roles and rules rather than logic-based ideas and that certain actions that others do can upset my feelings greatly, in proportion to how much they pull on this web in a certain direction.
    Te is that web, and Ti is exploring that web or wandering off into a potential expansion of that web.

Te is normally about how things aught to logically be. In normal situations, it quickly grasps what is efficient. It is about making sure the elements of static principle are clearly stated and ordered before proceeding into uncharted territory. Ti is much more about connecting or even blending meanings of logic using situational context and further strategizing. If something out of the ordinary happens, Ti will likely be the first to understand the purpose without verbalizing it.

With functions, E and I usually seem to be described as spacial and linear. An extraverted function covers more subject area but tends to overlook potential ideas, and an introverted function travels farther into the direction it seeks, but can miss out on important factors which can be quite essential to building on ideas.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Te is that web, and Ti is exploring that web or wandering off into a potential expansion of that web.

Te is normally about how things aught to logically be. In normal situations, it quickly grasps what is efficient. It is about making sure the elements of static principle are clearly stated and ordered before proceeding into uncharted territory. Ti is much more about connecting or even blending meanings of logic using situational context and further strategizing. If something out of the ordinary happens, Ti will likely be the first to understand the purpose without verbalizing it.

With functions, E and I usually seem to be described as spacial and linear. An extraverted function covers more subject area but tends to overlook potential ideas, and an introverted function travels farther into the direction it seeks, but can miss out on important factors which can be quite essential to building on ideas.
    +1

Awesome wording. Was kinda looking for that.

My ISTJ mother's writing looks and resembles that of a medical describtion. Very clear, no extras.

I have preferance for reading Te style text, and writing it, but producing it takes some editing.

MBTI
    STP

Not sure about my style, I jump around so much on the writing that I am constantly rereading and adding things everywhere. My writing is one big edit starting with the first sentence.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've never noticed this in myself
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.