User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default where does Types come from? is it really a 'mystery' or 'God-given' ?

what do you guys think?
    I think this also ties really close with the "talents" stuff.
    many people would easily believe that "talent" does exist, and it's indeed a mystery, of how it came from.

but after i've known the concept of MBTI and Personality Types, now i somehow believe that "talent" is actually very related with Personality Type too, and hence, it's more of reactions from genetics.
    or is it still a 'mystery' ? ie: the existence of Personality Types, along with natural talents or skills ?
    or even to push further, do you think it's really God-given ?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont get your point. You basically have the human brain with a lot of neurons that form connections with each other through experience and through your course of life.

Given that society has an overall general idea of itself, over the aeons of time; similiar personality types are likely to emerge. If humankind would be all green for example and would walk on 4 legs, its most probable the type system would be different, cause there would be different dichotomies.

Concerning talent, like I said, the brain forms connections with the neurons. Some brains do that better others dont do it at all.

I have a hard time to combine religion with type theory
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

garbage

I think the OP's question is more along the lines of the nature versus nurture debate with respect to types, rather than being one of religion.

I think types are "God-given" (designated at birth) and that one's type's natural strengths are likely in line with their talents.

obviously there is a mastermind, but its not giving us finished things in the relative world, but building them in time. it does not have a plan for the future but a sense of where its about to go, as its basically just about making the right hand know what the left hand does. this means that types are not fixed. they have been build and can be deconstructed for sake of a higher, more flexible order. for instance intuition can and will (and did) brake down into more specific separated entities, but at the same time a transcending layer will (would/did) develop, that is more sophisticated in it's ability to unite the separation of its children, so an united intuition remains as a transformed, more abstract entity that includes its childs. thus "type", if defined by separation/differentiation of dichotomies or functions, used to not-exist, was created once, and will become obsolete once, but at the same time, it will always be remembered and repeated in the development of the individual, meaning a child is born without manifested type, and will develop type, and may rise above it before death.

as long as the wold supports type, type will support the world. but the world grows, while keepings its basic structures, so the basic structures will support type and type will support the basic structures, yet the emerging higher layers of the world may not support type and type may not support them, but only on those newly emerged layers. the outer appearance of objects on basic structure layers will be ruled by higher layers, but the basic structures will remain supported, in their internal most abstract nature. just like every human has a reptilian brain stem, but does not have the external appearance of a dinosaur, when born. yet, at some point a babie's perception is not that different from a reptilian. on drugs we can still go there.

its funny to imagine that the grown up of the future (say 300 years from now) may not relate to type-theory of the 20th century at all, because he transcended it at the age of four, before he became self-aware, yet, when he drinks high doses of alcohol he suddenly regresses into his type structure and behaves all entp.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I still dont get the point. Could the question be substituted with: "Where do numbers come from ?" Cause to me the concept is the same.

Type is a human invention giving a description to a certain perception of humain traits known to have developed through aeons of time. Again as I said, if we were all born green, the dichotomies could be different.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

of course this question does not only concern type but pretty much every aspect of our nature. on the other hand to whole "what if everything was different" type of thinking is a human mode of imagination that does not really help with understanding why things are a certain way. at best it is itself based on a abstract understanding of why they are that way. more specifically a purely descriptive understanding of "how" the came to be. mostly its a meaningless distraction. why so distracted?

yes, as i pointed out, everything is connected in mutual influence (the world supports type, type supports the world), but that does not explain anything in time (causality, the nature of originating), it only explains why the current moment (the world in the current moment) does not just implode into nothingness/emptiness.

garbage

Let's try this again.

Typology systems and definitions of cognitive processes are a human construct intended to classify traits of human cognition, which are given to us at birth, and the innate strengths and weaknesses that said traits bestow upon us.

There.

classify traits of human cognition, which are given to us at birth
    yeah, so if the term typology refers to the traits, its still referring to something real, it may just be in-accurate like everything we think and talk about.

but there is close to zero information on how exactly type (actual human cognition) is actually given "at" birth. maybe just the "quadras" (socioncs term for a class of several types) is given "at" birth. also: what does "given" mean anyway. there is a process before birth. there is hormonal influence during pregnancy. its not just sperm. also there is a process before sperm. and there is a process of sperm hitting on eggs, as revealed by woody allen movies. so everything is given, plus the term "given" is totally meaningless. its just "pushing the question backwards until its out of subjective comprehension"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Bad grammar aside, your personality is a function of your genetics and upbringing. The concept of a "type" is an artificial construct that tries to summarize and categorize your most frequently observed habits.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Personality "types" are just approximations. There's no mystery here.

It's like saying, "isn't it weird that there are 7 colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) in the color spectrum? How is it that all colors fall into these categories?". The answer to that question is that, if you want to analyze colors with a framework with 7 color terms, you can. You can zoom in (more colors) or zoom out (fewer colors) and still make generalizations. Frameworks are just levels of categorization. They don't even objectively exist.

You can analyze certain dimensions of personality with MBTI. You could zoom in and find plenty of differences between people that share a type. Or you could zoom out and find plenty of similarities among types.