• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cold-blooded murderer

lastrailway

I was reading a thread in intpc and was thinking about how would one type a cold-blooded murderer.
I know the standard is to type them as XXTJs, but, thinking about it, I find it hard to agree. I think it takes an F to find enough motivation to actually do the murder. I think that almost anybody, regardless of type, can come with a good plan for a murder but a feeler could find good reasons to be compelled to perform it.Mostly somebody with a strong Fi, like an IXFP or EXFJ.
Oh, this is probably totally irrelevant with MBTI. Anyway

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
I would have thought the thinker would kill in cold blood and the feeler instantly rather than premedited in anyway because of the emotionality/reactions of it all, I could be wrong though.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
From what I've gathered Fs would be more inclined to commit crimes of passion. TJs are more likely to plan something out and INTJs are more likely to think of and carry out revenge.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, this is probably totally irrelevant with MBTI. Anyway

Probably.

Any type can commit a murder. They would simply do it for different reasons and in different contexts.

That being said, T's seems better able to detach and not empathize with others, and so you'll find a number of serial killers with a T bent. But it is certainly not exclusive.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'd have to have a good reason (by my standards) to do it, but I probably could. But it would have to be a really good reason and I'd have to have nothing to lose because I know I would get caught.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd have to have a good reason (by my standards) to do it, but I probably could. But it would have to be a really good reason and I'd have to have nothing to lose because I know I would get caught.

Mary Winkler is an F (probably an ISFJ).

And she's out already.

If you're going to get caught, then take the other strategy and get as little time as possible. :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Mary Winkler is an F (probably an ISFJ).

And she's out already.

If you're going to get caught, then take the other strategy and get as little time as possible. :)
She rocks so hard! Seriously! :rock: Shoot a sleeping man in the back and get a few months. I knew she was going to (for all practical purposes) get off the second I saw the stripper shoe come out of the bag. :yes:

I know. I'm a bad Christian and a bad NF. :blush:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
INFJ's scare me now. :cry:
I think the criminal streak comes more from my genes than my MBTI type.

FWIW, the murderer was allegedly physically and sexually abused by her victim and he was allegedly beginning to physically abuse their daughters, as well. If the situation did not involve a victim taking out her abuser, I wouldn't find it so appealing. If you took out your ex, even in cold blood, I'd want you to get off with little or no punishment.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
I think the criminal streak comes more from my genes than my MBTI type.

FWIW, the murderer was allegedly physically and sexually abused by her victim and he was allegedly beginning to physically abuse their daughters, as well. If the situation did not involve a victim taking out her abuser, I wouldn't find it so appealing. If you took out your ex, even in cold blood, I'd want you to get off with little or no punishment.

Oh :steam: that's terrible, yes I agree, good on her the ***** deserved it if that's the case.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFx's scare me now. :cry:

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
That being said, T's seems better able to detach and not empathize with others, and so you'll find a number of serial killers with a T bent.

But that's because most serial killers are men, I'm not sure it has anything to to do with T. Perhaps more likely testosterone and I read somewhere that there's a part of the brain which controls violent impulses which is more developed in women than men.

lastrailway

I would like to explain a bit better what I meant.
Regarding the possible motives for killing somebody, I think there are:
-Murders in order to gain something: money, power, etc
-Murders in order to "correct" a present situation or one which occurred in the past.
I think the second case usually indicates people who have decided their action based on hurt feelings, fear, hate, anger, etc. They can come with the perfect plan of a totally cold-blooded murder, take care of all the details, implement it with cool head, not feel any kind of regret and never get caught, but still, the initial motivation was not based on pure logic.
As for the first case:
I think in both cases murder is an extreme solution and the person who chooses it usually is risking too much, his freedom or his head in some countries.
I think a person who is able to plan and carry out a murder, if they were indeed motivated only by poor logic, they would be equally able to think, plan and carry out a less risky and equally or more efficient way to exploit there victim.
I believe that everybody has feelings and everybody is able to use pure logic. The difference between F and T, in my opinion, would be in the way they take a decision, not in the way they behave in their lives. And I believe that a big percentage of people who kill somebody do not base their initial decision on pure logic.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
But that's because most serial killers are men, I'm not sure it has anything to to do with T. Perhaps more likely testosterone and I read somewhere that there's a part of the brain which controls violent impulses which is more developed in women than men.

I wonder if it has anything to do with levels of GABA, the inhibitory neurotransmitter. Alcohol either decreases the amount of GABA or it's effectiveness, thus making people less inhibited.

Anyway, there's a few things that I think make commiting a cold-blooded murder more likely:

1. Being a T type (less empathetic ability).
2. Hatred for the victim.
3. Living in Isolation.
4. Poverty.
5. Atheism (allows one to abandon their conscience and when people end disappearing and becoming nothing, how valuable can they be?).
6. Religion ("God thinks I should kill you because you're such a heathen", look out for witches, etc.)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm... I've thought about it, in more detail than I like. I probably kill 10 - 100 people in my head a week; unless I've had a particularly good or bad week. *doesn't want to think of the bad weeks*