User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think the criminal streak comes more from my genes than my MBTI type.

FWIW, the murderer was allegedly physically and sexually abused by her victim and he was allegedly beginning to physically abuse their daughters, as well. If the situation did not involve a victim taking out her abuser, I wouldn't find it so appealing. If you took out your ex, even in cold blood, I'd want you to get off with little or no punishment.

Oh :steam: that's terrible, yes I agree, good on her the ***** deserved it if that's the case.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

INFx's scare me now.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    INFx's scare me now.

Ah, I remember when I was that naive , cafe put me straight.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

INFx's scare me now.
    Our work here is done.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

That being said, T's seems better able to detach and not empathize with others, and so you'll find a number of serial killers with a T bent.
    But that's because most serial killers are men, I'm not sure it has anything to to do with T. Perhaps more likely testosterone and I read somewhere that there's a part of the brain which controls violent impulses which is more developed in women than men.
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    INFJ's scare me now.
    They didn't before?

INFx's scare me now.
    Only the Js should scare you.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Our work here is done.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

I would like to explain a bit better what I meant.
    Regarding the possible motives for killing somebody, I think there are:
    -Murders in order to gain something: money, power, etc
    -Murders in order to "correct" a present situation or one which occurred in the past.
    I think the second case usually indicates people who have decided their action based on hurt feelings, fear, hate, anger, etc. They can come with the perfect plan of a totally cold-blooded murder, take care of all the details, implement it with cool head, not feel any kind of regret and never get caught, but still, the initial motivation was not based on pure logic.
    As for the first case:
    I think in both cases murder is an extreme solution and the person who chooses it usually is risking too much, his freedom or his head in some countries.
    I think a person who is able to plan and carry out a murder, if they were indeed motivated only by poor logic, they would be equally able to think, plan and carry out a less risky and equally or more efficient way to exploit there victim.
    I believe that everybody has feelings and everybody is able to use pure logic. The difference between F and T, in my opinion, would be in the way they take a decision, not in the way they behave in their lives. And I believe that a big percentage of people who kill somebody do not base their initial decision on pure logic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    But that's because most serial killers are men, I'm not sure it has anything to to do with T. Perhaps more likely testosterone and I read somewhere that there's a part of the brain which controls violent impulses which is more developed in women than men.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with levels of GABA, the inhibitory neurotransmitter. Alcohol either decreases the amount of GABA or it's effectiveness, thus making people less inhibited.

Anyway, there's a few things that I think make commiting a cold-blooded murder more likely:

1. Being a T type (less empathetic ability).
    2. Hatred for the victim.
    3. Living in Isolation.
    4. Poverty.
    5. Atheism (allows one to abandon their conscience and when people end disappearing and becoming nothing, how valuable can they be?).
    6. Religion ("God thinks I should kill you because you're such a heathen", look out for witches, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    5. Atheism Nihilism (allows one to abandon their conscience and when people end disappearing and becoming nothing, how valuable can they be?).
    Fixed that for you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmmm... I've thought about it, in more detail than I like. I probably kill 10 - 100 people in my head a week; unless I've had a particularly good or bad week. *doesn't want to think of the bad weeks*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]