User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 47

  1. #11
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    I can relate to some of the things you say here too, because i highly value logic when it comes to most things and situations, but those things and situations are usually things that do not fit into my value system. when it comes to things that are within my value system, i do not use logic at all. I just automatically know that such and such is wrong, and this and that is right. No logic can ever force me to change my opinion.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Azseroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I can relate to some of the things you say here too, because i highly value logic when it comes to most things and situations, but those things and situations are usually things that do not fit into my value system. when it comes to things that are within my value system, i do not use logic at all. I just automatically know that such and such is wrong, and this and that is right. No logic can ever force me to change my opinion.
    See I don't hold anything as absolute other than rational thinking itself. Everything is subject to logic. I can understand why people hold their values and have a respect for subjectivity as well, but it can actually be irritating when someone can't see past their values.

    I'm sure it's possible that objective thinking could be an INFP's highest value though. Especially with an INTP father that always stressed free thinking as a very high importance.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

  3. #13
    Senior Member Gauche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    I thought I'd give a better picture of my problem

    I hold logical thinking as the highest authority, but I have also been somewhat sensitive.
    non-confrontational but bluntly honest or at the very least ambiguously honest.
    I'll fight for what I think is right, but what I think is right is based on what makes the most sense, so a logical argument easily makes me question my perspective. I can 'see' what people are feeling a lot of the time. I love talking philosophies, but I love talking feelings. I love coming to understandings about ideas as much as I love coming to understandings about people. I have been cold and indifferent but also warm and affirming to those close to me and those I just met. I'm very pessimistic. I tend to smile a lot, but also become detached easily. I have a strong need for independence. I don't feel right if I haven't 'connected' with someone in long period of time. People in general bore me unless they're talking about something meaningful.

    Being a male also makes me think I may have adopted T traits.
    I test as a high T but I think it may just be because I have a strong value for it.

    I'm fairly certain I'm enneagram 5 balanced wing
    It might be that you are INFP but with very strong Ti as well, or vice-versa. Actually, if that is the case, you would be INXP, with both strong Ti and Fi.
    It's the same thing with me. I'd put myself into NFs group if I had to, but I do act more like NTP more of the time. Fi seems to be primary for me, but it's "shadowed" by thriving Ti. You know, Fi is like a foundation of house, while Ti is walls. So usually Ti is on the surface, but if really tricky or serious (-emotionally) situation arise, Fi emerges and extinguish the fire (or invigorate).
    Like the Fi is an old wiseman and Ti is a vigorous youngster in me. Fi was first there, but now lets the youngster move the mountains. Fi now only watch, and interfere only when the "wisdom" is needed.

    Does it make sense?

  4. #14
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    ^^Yes, but what would these two approaches look like behaviorally, and how could you differentiate between them? A lot of times I find that the CFs really lack in specificity to the point that almost any behavior could be interpreted as belonging to one (or a combination) of the functions.
    Logical INFPs seem interested in what you have to say when it attributes to external logic or common sense I guess you can call it. Ti isn't usually common sense, because it likes to screw with logic in a creative way. So when you're explaining something to an INTP they always want to contribute their own ideas, where the INFP basically wants things clarified. Simple shit.

    That's why the "what if..." factor is always static between INTPs and INFPs. It's Ne, but attributed to Ti, INFPs usually are confused. It's Ne, but attributed to Fi, INTPs usually are confused.

  5. #15
    Member Gengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    71

    Default

    From my observations, INFPs generally question their type more often than INTPs.

  6. #16
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
    From my observations, INFPs generally question their type more often than INTPs.
    Meh, somehow this response gets worked into any discussion involving people who may potentially be INFPs, and TBH, I don't find it all that helpful. Lots of people are confused about their type. It's almost inevitably part of the identification process (just look at the variation in all of the type reconsideration threads for proof of this).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #17
    Senior Member Azseroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    It might be that you are INFP but with very strong Ti as well, or vice-versa. Actually, if that is the case, you would be INXP, with both strong Ti and Fi.
    It's the same thing with me. I'd put myself into NFs group if I had to, but I do act more like NTP more of the time. Fi seems to be primary for me, but it's "shadowed" by thriving Ti. You know, Fi is like a foundation of house, while Ti is walls. So usually Ti is on the surface, but if really tricky or serious (-emotionally) situation arise, Fi emerges and extinguish the fire (or invigorate).
    Like the Fi is an old wiseman and Ti is a vigorous youngster in me. Fi was first there, but now lets the youngster move the mountains. Fi now only watch, and interfere only when the "wisdom" is needed.

    Does it make sense?
    That does make sense

    I don't really like the idea of X in a type, and I find it hard to believe that both Ti and Fi could be highly functioning in the same person. Ti and Fi are very similar. I believe the difference is in priority.

    The bold clarified it for me though, thanks. I can see how INFP would start with obvious Fi and then learn through experience when objectivity is needed to fulfill the F needs. It's like T is the servant of F.

    For me it has been the opposite. I've learned from F. I've gained understandings of it, like I had to use T to see F.

    I think the way it works is that Fi learns when to prioritize on T and Ti learns when to prioritize on F.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
    From my observations, INFPs generally question their type more often than INTPs.
    I'm always giving advice to my F friends. Mostly INFPs. All that F thinking can mess with you.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

  8. #18
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Call me a sensor, but I want some examples (actually academic writing on many subjects usually demands examples for clarification). Cough 'em up, people! I feel like I'm the only person interested in hearing people's interpretations of their concrete experiences.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  9. #19
    Senior Member Azseroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Call me a sensor, but I want some examples (actually academic writing on many subjects usually demands examples for clarification). Cough 'em up, people! I feel like I'm the only person interested in hearing people's interpretations of their concrete experiences.
    ugh.. details are so unnecessary

    Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    For me it has been the opposite. I've learned from F. I've gained understandings of it, like I had to use T to see F.
    I would get self conscious at certain points in conversations. I didn't understand exactly why and I didn't have a lot of time to check through with Ti. I had to go back at a later time and think about exactly what it was that made me self conscious. When I went back I realized that something insignificantly insulting or something that went against my lifestyle had been said. I figure that Fi would be able to pinpoint it right away.

    Im getting some sleep now, continue tomorrow
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

  10. #20
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    I would get self conscious at certain points in conversations. I didn't understand exactly why and I didn't have a lot of time to check through with Ti. I had to go back at a later time and think about exactly what it was that made me self conscious. When I went back I realized that something insignificantly insulting or something that went against my lifestyle had been said. I figure that Fi would be able to pinpoint it right away.

    Im getting some sleep now, continue tomorrow
    See, now was that so hard ?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. Final decision on my type between INTP and INFP.
    By Cat Brainz in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 07:10 PM
  2. differences between INTP and INFP?
    By acronach in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 02:14 AM
  3. [NT] How are INTP and INTJ different
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 06:35 PM
  4. [JCF] the differences between INTP and INFP
    By yvonne in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 04:58 AM
  5. [MBTItm] INTP and INFP friendships
    By Mipp in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO