• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ/ISFP????

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I just took the Enneagram personality test, not expecting a Myers Briggs type, and got ISFP. This is very strange to me, because I never thought of myself as a senser, although perceiving maybe because my judging personality was never that strongly expressed.

I have taken the original Myers Briggs test more than I can count and have gotten INFJ every time.

However, I read the description of ISFP, and it does fit me pretty well. But so does the description of INFJ. It's like I'm a dual-personality!

What do you guys make of this? Any help is strongly appreciated.

Thanks!

Snow Turtle

Which aspects of the ISFP profile resonate with you, same goes for the INFJ?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Do you think about the future much, your own future or just the future in general (and not in a "how cool would the hovercraft skateboard from back to the future be?!?" kind of way)?

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Which aspects of the ISFP profile resonate with you, same goes for the INFJ?

Man, tough question to answer, but a good one...

INFJ traits:

-Value personal integrity.
-Lifelong quest for identity and meaning.
-Cold on the outside, warm on the inside.
-Can be hard to know, depending on the person.
-Good at expressing myself in writing.
-Sometimes looked upon by others as naive.
-Hate evil and injustice, especially among the undeserving.
-Need to express my feelings to another person.
-Avoid arguing simply for arguing's sake.

ISFP traits:

-Very sensitive with all five senses.
-Naturally empathetic to others.
-Not the greatest fan of rules and regulations per se.
-Uncomfortable with theorizing concepts/ideas, unless I see a practical application.
-Need my own personal space, and am comfortable giving others the same thing.
-Artistic.

Upon evaluation of these traits, I feel I am an INFJ. However, I have ISFP traits. Then again, I can also relate to some of the traits of INFPs, ISFJs and even ENFJs. This is probably because I share some of their dominant functions. Interesting huh?

Things ISFP I definitely don't do:

-Avoiding future planning.
-Introverted feeling.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I doubt an ISFP could confuse them self as an INFJ.

INFJ traits:

-Value personal integrity.
-Lifelong quest for identity and meaning.
-Cold on the outside, warm on the inside.
-Can be hard to know, depending on the person.
-Good at expressing myself in writing.
-Sometimes looked upon by others as naive.
-Hate evil and injustice, especially among the undeserving.
-Need to express my feelings to another person.
-Avoid arguing simply for arguing's sake.

I don't see ISFPs really showing these traits, but the ISFP traits I could see in an INFJ

INFJs are deep, arguably the deepest most complex type
ISFP are not deep, not really, and are pretty easy to figure out.

deleted
-Uncomfortable with theorizing concepts/ideas, unless I see a practical application.
-Artistic.

These five ISFP traits can be INFJ traits. They won't be a lot of INFJs' traits, but they are yours and others.

I said you are an INFJ, ISFP wanabe, because it's true. You don't necessarily know that you want to be specifically what an ISFP is, but there are some underlying triggers that make connections with why you think you're an ISFP suggesting a normal phase of personality experience and growth. It's because no one is exactly one type.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
-Artistic.

These five ISFP traits can be INFJ traits. They won't be a lot of INFJs' traits, but they are yours and others.

I said you are an INFJ, ISFP wanabe, because it's true. You don't necessarily know that you want to be specifically what an ISFP is, but there are some underlying triggers that make connections with why you think you're an ISFP suggesting a normal phase of personality experience and growth. It's because no one is exactly one type.

Well, okay, but I don't WANT to be anything except what I am. I just found it interesting I got ISFP on that test, and another one too. But I've come to the conclusion that those tests were just bogus, for me at least. I swear by the original Myers-Briggs test. The others seem pointless comparatively.

I'm new to these tests. It was a good learning experience to take them.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you feel about the present? Is it a stepping stone to the future and future goals or are you actively engaged in the present?

Snow Turtle

Personally I'm tempted to say give ISFJ a real consideration.
However if you don't feel that. I personally think that INFJ is more plausible than ISFP.

What aspect of ISFJ do you not identify with?
How certain are you that you are intuitive?

J/P - How do you react to internal chaos?
If a friend were to come upto you and say: We're planning on flying to another country for a holiday in 2-3 days. How would you feel about that?

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I looked over ISFJ's description. Honestly, I relate to some of it, but some of it is definitely not me at all. Makes great interior decorator? You guys should see my apartment. I'm the complete OPPOSITE of that! However, I do like ESFP and ESTP women often, and I'm very reliable and giving. Overall though, I am INFJ.

I am a complex and very private person. I almost completely relate to the INFJ description. I've gotten that result every time I took the original Myers Briggs test. Why I sometimes score as ISFJ or ISFP on other tests makes little sense to me, other than maybe my sensing and perceiving qualities shine through more because of the questions asked.

Personally, I think the type most like me that is not INFJ is actually INFP. I relate to INFPs a lot, and I am kind of a dreamer. I had imaginary friends as a child (sometimes I wish I had them now, sh!t).

Anyway I hope this clears things up some. Thanks everyone for the thoughtful responses.

maliafee

I can't speak for all ISFP's, but I NEVER had imaginary friends as a kid, and my INFJ mom did.

When my older brothers went to school and I was home alone, my mom would give me ideas of what to do, like, "Why don't you go play make believe?" and honestly, I couldn't do it. I know she thought she was giving me the best advice, and I knew sort of what she meant, but my head just didn't go there. I liked play acting with family/friends or setting up toys as though I was eventually going to play make believe, but I didn't actually ever play make believe.

My INFJ mom thought she was going to truly grow up to be a princess. :D

I never had any illusions that I was anything other than a little kid/person and liked inside games like drawing or blocks or legos, or playing outside, sometimes games like hide 'n' seek, sometimes just making little houses out of plants, or wreaths out of palm fronds. Lots of tree climbing. Just one ISFP's perspective.

I looked over ISFJ's description. Honestly, I relate to some of it, but some of it is definitely not me at all. Makes great interior decorator? You guys should see my apartment. I'm the complete OPPOSITE of that! However, I do like ESFP and ESTP women often, and I'm very reliable and giving. Overall though, I am INFJ.

I am a complex and very private person. I almost completely relate to the INFJ description. I've gotten that result every time I took the original Myers Briggs test. Why I sometimes score as ISFJ or ISFP on other tests makes little sense to me, other than maybe my sensing and perceiving qualities shine through more because of the questions asked.

Personally, I think the type most like me that is not INFJ is actually INFP. I relate to INFPs a lot, and I am kind of a dreamer. I had imaginary friends as a child (sometimes I wish I had them now, sh!t).

Anyway I hope this clears things up some. Thanks everyone for the thoughtful responses.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I never had any illusions that I was anything other than a little kid/person and liked inside games like drawing or blocks or legos, or playing outside, sometimes games like hide 'n' seek, sometimes just making little houses out of plants, or wreaths out of palm fronds. Lots of tree climbing. Just one ISFP's perspective.

Haha, that sounds just like me! I remember making little boats out of flax branches, making huts out in the bush and hunting for tree gum. Those were the days...

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Hey, I liked playing outside too! That's part of being a kid regardless of your type, right? :cheese:

heart

heart on fire
Hey, I liked playing outside too! That's part of being a kid regardless of your type, right? :cheese:

If play outside with your imaginary friend, in an imaginary city on an imaginary plannet...suspicion goes up for being INFP. :D

maliafee

Haha, that sounds just like me! I remember making little boats out of flax branches, making huts out in the bush and hunting for tree gum. Those were the days...

Aww! Sometimes I'd sit out on the grass during recess and use clover and blades of grass to create a little village. I would carve bird's eye views of a house into the creek bank under the willow tree, too...

To address the thing about INFJ's liking to play outside, too... Of course! My INFJ mom, for instance, used to race snails and break rocks for hours at a time with her little hammer. Cute. :yes:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I had imaginary friends, hordes of them. Some of them lived in a tree in front of my house. I brought them to school with me and got them to fill out the boring math worksheets. I wanted them to do the work while I stared out the window. Unfortunately, it didn't work because they were as bored with the math worksheets as I was. The imaginary friends left me when the tree was cut down.
I was reminded of the imaginary friends when I read "To Kill a Mockingbird," by Harper Lee. When Jem and Scout found the pennies and gum in the knothole in the tree, I thought of those imaginary friends who amused me when I was lonely and didn't have very many real friends.

If play outside with your imaginary friend, in an imaginary city on an imaginary plannet...suspicion goes up for being INFP. :D