User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: INFJ/ISFP????

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    -Naturally empathetic to others.
    -Not the greatest fan of rules and regulations per se.
    -Uncomfortable with theorizing concepts/ideas, unless I see a practical application.
    -Need my own personal space, and am comfortable giving others the same thing.
    -Artistic.

These five ISFP traits can be INFJ traits. They won't be a lot of INFJs' traits, but they are yours and others.

I said you are an INFJ, ISFP wanabe, because it's true. You don't necessarily know that you want to be specifically what an ISFP is, but there are some underlying triggers that make connections with why you think you're an ISFP suggesting a normal phase of personality experience and growth. It's because no one is exactly one type.
    Well, okay, but I don't WANT to be anything except what I am. I just found it interesting I got ISFP on that test, and another one too. But I've come to the conclusion that those tests were just bogus, for me at least. I swear by the original Myers-Briggs test. The others seem pointless comparatively.

I'm new to these tests. It was a good learning experience to take them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

How do you feel about the present? Is it a stepping stone to the future and future goals or are you actively engaged in the present?

Personally I'm tempted to say give ISFJ a real consideration.
    However if you don't feel that. I personally think that INFJ is more plausible than ISFP.

What aspect of ISFJ do you not identify with?
    How certain are you that you are intuitive?

J/P - How do you react to internal chaos?
    If a friend were to come upto you and say: We're planning on flying to another country for a holiday in 2-3 days. How would you feel about that?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I looked over ISFJ's description. Honestly, I relate to some of it, but some of it is definitely not me at all. Makes great interior decorator? You guys should see my apartment. I'm the complete OPPOSITE of that! However, I do like ESFP and ESTP women often, and I'm very reliable and giving. Overall though, I am INFJ.

I am a complex and very private person. I almost completely relate to the INFJ description. I've gotten that result every time I took the original Myers Briggs test. Why I sometimes score as ISFJ or ISFP on other tests makes little sense to me, other than maybe my sensing and perceiving qualities shine through more because of the questions asked.

Personally, I think the type most like me that is not INFJ is actually INFP. I relate to INFPs a lot, and I am kind of a dreamer. I had imaginary friends as a child (sometimes I wish I had them now, sh!t).

Anyway I hope this clears things up some. Thanks everyone for the thoughtful responses.

I can't speak for all ISFP's, but I NEVER had imaginary friends as a kid, and my INFJ mom did.

When my older brothers went to school and I was home alone, my mom would give me ideas of what to do, like, "Why don't you go play make believe?" and honestly, I couldn't do it. I know she thought she was giving me the best advice, and I knew sort of what she meant, but my head just didn't go there. I liked play acting with family/friends or setting up toys as though I was eventually going to play make believe, but I didn't actually ever play make believe.

My INFJ mom thought she was going to truly grow up to be a princess.

I never had any illusions that I was anything other than a little kid/person and liked inside games like drawing or blocks or legos, or playing outside, sometimes games like hide 'n' seek, sometimes just making little houses out of plants, or wreaths out of palm fronds. Lots of tree climbing. Just one ISFP's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    I looked over ISFJ's description. Honestly, I relate to some of it, but some of it is definitely not me at all. Makes great interior decorator? You guys should see my apartment. I'm the complete OPPOSITE of that! However, I do like ESFP and ESTP women often, and I'm very reliable and giving. Overall though, I am INFJ.

I am a complex and very private person. I almost completely relate to the INFJ description. I've gotten that result every time I took the original Myers Briggs test. Why I sometimes score as ISFJ or ISFP on other tests makes little sense to me, other than maybe my sensing and perceiving qualities shine through more because of the questions asked.

Personally, I think the type most like me that is not INFJ is actually INFP. I relate to INFPs a lot, and I am kind of a dreamer. I had imaginary friends as a child (sometimes I wish I had them now, sh!t).

Anyway I hope this clears things up some. Thanks everyone for the thoughtful responses.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I never had any illusions that I was anything other than a little kid/person and liked inside games like drawing or blocks or legos, or playing outside, sometimes games like hide 'n' seek, sometimes just making little houses out of plants, or wreaths out of palm fronds. Lots of tree climbing. Just one ISFP's perspective.
    Haha, that sounds just like me! I remember making little boats out of flax branches, making huts out in the bush and hunting for tree gum. Those were the days...
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Hey, I liked playing outside too! That's part of being a kid regardless of your type, right?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    Hey, I liked playing outside too! That's part of being a kid regardless of your type, right?
    If play outside with your imaginary friend, in an imaginary city on an imaginary plannet...suspicion goes up for being INFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Haha, that sounds just like me! I remember making little boats out of flax branches, making huts out in the bush and hunting for tree gum. Those were the days...
    Aww! Sometimes I'd sit out on the grass during recess and use clover and blades of grass to create a little village. I would carve bird's eye views of a house into the creek bank under the willow tree, too...

To address the thing about INFJ's liking to play outside, too... Of course! My INFJ mom, for instance, used to race snails and break rocks for hours at a time with her little hammer. Cute.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I had imaginary friends, hordes of them. Some of them lived in a tree in front of my house. I brought them to school with me and got them to fill out the boring math worksheets. I wanted them to do the work while I stared out the window. Unfortunately, it didn't work because they were as bored with the math worksheets as I was. The imaginary friends left me when the tree was cut down.
    I was reminded of the imaginary friends when I read "To Kill a Mockingbird," by Harper Lee. When Jem and Scout found the pennies and gum in the knothole in the tree, I thought of those imaginary friends who amused me when I was lonely and didn't have very many real friends.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If play outside with your imaginary friend, in an imaginary city on an imaginary plannet...suspicion goes up for being INFP.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.