• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your take on typologyC?

Please have time to read and check those that apply

• I'm here to explore the validity of various personality instruments

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • People in here have fun, so who cares what the site is about

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I think the best education about types comes from chatting with people, not theorizing

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • This is a place to meet like-minded people.. some are, some aren't

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • This is a place to relax after all my work and have a good time

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Psychology is of great interest to me, and this is a place to start.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • I can have educated discussions about specialized subjects in here.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • This is a better moderated forum than most, so I stay to enjoy the good discussions.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • You're serious? Psychology? Community? I'm here for the lols

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • This kind of thing grows on you, and you're not quite the same anymore.

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My thing: hoped to have a feeling of community in here, quitted (no-one noticed), came back to share knowledge, give and take. Yours?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In a nutshell?

For as long as I have work that I hate doing, I have taken on a secondary busyness to keep me slightly distracted from work, enough to actually keep working, without getting terribly bored by the work.

I stumbled here and I dunno, there's just so many things I can learn here that it kinda became more then just a distraction, for the moment. Although I'm sure, knowing me, that in a week or two I'll become a bit more casual and only abuse it to stimulate me at work.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Came here primarily to learn about MBTI and typology. Stayed because of the community.

Snow Turtle

Learning about NFs, SJs, relationships and general psychology.
Post to gain more information. Lurk to gain more information.

Feeds into my Si database. :D

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i don't see this as community, because it's too heterogeneous and has no ideological agenda other than a basic believe in something like types.

this is a good thing for me, because at this point, I don't want to bother myself about whether i can identify with a communal directive or not. especially not in a heterogeneous flatland place and not in a foreign language. i mean, i could not identify with any heterogeneous flatland place anyway, if it were required, and i want to be straight about it, rather than identifying with some aspects and wishing them to become more emphasized over time. i am done with somewhat conformist Fe ambitions/politics. it's burned out. i want to bring my networking on a more one-on-one/p2p level, which is not happening in foreign language Internet (for me), so i am operating in a relatively Fe-less mode.

i don't care, that a lot of people have different theoretical ideas (mbti vs socionics) than me, because i don't learn by discussing about theories (i can form and evaluate plenty of theory on my own. i dream about this shit), but i learn by observing the personal aspects of people, that are flowing into what they say. so i am here for the people, not for their current thoughts or selfimage/understanding. (jus' saying cuz i was asked, what a socioncs guy is doing here anyway. btw, being a "socioncs guy" is not a part of my selfimage at all. cuz', again, i dont care about (written) theories, i care about observation)

so, i especially like the heterogeneity and less affair style of the board. i could not find that, on a more theoretical board where people care more about developing typology being right about their latest brain fart. this is more of a "hang out and be yourself" community. (yeah, in that sense its a community i guess. without communion. an Icommunity *g*)

my primary motive is "my idea of fun" plus wasting time.

having an imaginary listener inspires me to channel my ideas into a more concrete form.

wolfy

awsm
Came here to learn about MBTI and learn about my type. Stayed because I met some people who were interested and willing to talk about the same random crap I was.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I joined after reading only 5 some odd posts. Then spontaniously assumed that those few posts are how this joint rolls. Ya:) Crap Shoulda read more.

I have noticed that it can make me think of 10,000 different things at once. (thus stains overlapped sentences thinking he did add the missing pieces) Yet all those things do end up as thoughts somehow ambiguously related to one subject. MBTI.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually think this place is largely a failure as a location for learning about personality type systems. Great if you want to observe the dynamics of them being abused and misapplied, though.

I'm mostly here for the community these days.

Last edited:

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
What were the posts like? ;)

They had the stink of someone tryin to give orders and project their pseudo junior high philosophy to confirm their own beliefs. Philosophy not politics or religious ideology. Those two are debatable. I am also aware that i do it too. Refer to 1st 3 posted sentences here. Stalk some of my posts in my (stats) section in ascending order. Then observe the evolution of my behavior. It contrasts with the development of Fe accordingly. And

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
My thing: hoped to have a feeling of community in here, quitted (no-one noticed), came back to share knowledge, give and take. Yours?

I figured it out. It's your (lack of an) avatar. It gives your forum persona more personality, even if they never read your posts.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes you need an avatar.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Really, all of the above. I joined because I was interested in MBTI type and psychology, and this place was a better fit for me than INTPc. I made a group of friends in fairly short order, and I like interacting with them and with new people that make their way to the forums. I like that there's a diverse array of subjects being talked about, and I can join the discussions I'm interested in, and stay out of the ones I don't care about or am too private to participate in. I don't really have any expectations of the site--I think the people who get frustrated with the forum are people who have very specific expectations of it. They want less fluff, less going off-topic, more seriousness, less socializing, etc. I respect that, but at the same time, I feel like, who are they to dictate what the forum is? For me, a forum will develop its own personality, and then you as a poster decide whether you want to join in or not. It's kind of what you make it.

And yeah, an avatar helps people figure out your personality and helps you stick in their minds.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm every so often without an avatar, so thanks for the hint.

I think Tallullah handled some serious thoughts of mine. I've advocated the pursuit of serious discussions as opposed to fluff, but I think people fit in nicely right now, no matter the level of their seriousness. No-one seems to be denied of those important discussions at the time, while people can go freely too, chatting all they want in the lightest manner possible. Perhaps the separation of the two camps has brought a measure of peace and enjoyment of diversity.

Still, I'm sometimes disapponted how people can't concentrate on the subject, and just ask to experiment with all the types just by talking about all the random stuff. Then again, as an ENTJ, I want a lot of ideas for my input, diversity, freedom of expression and thought and everything.

Uhh sorry if I've dropped my clarity of thought. I've had a few beers and a bad case of allergy today.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
this place is so fluffy, it's like a cotton candy factory. I stop in because my job is boring.

Except for all the blustery and macho NT's who guard the door and societies morals with (self)-righteous indignation. they are a HOOT!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still, I'm sometimes disapponted how people can't concentrate on the subject, and just ask to experiment with all the types just by talking about all the random stuff. Then again, as an ENTJ, I want a lot of ideas for my input, diversity, freedom of expression and thought and everything.

This is a consequence of the fact that this site welcomes people of a common interest instead of a common MBTI profile. If you want continued focus on a topic, INTJforum is a better place for that. A place like this offers more perspective, but at the cost of some people not taking your Very Serious Topic(tm) very seriously. :D

The only difference between this site and another random forum, for better or worse, is that when someone goes astray here, there's a good chance you have an *idea* of their type. Which can in turn be used to further understand typology and human nature. (Just watch out for those that intentionally post a fake Type or are misidentified, but even they offer insight.)

Also, as a side note you need to invest in people before they invest in you. The forum as a whole won't miss you... but if you develop bonds with people, those individuals would miss you. If you build enough of those, they'll say something, which will trigger others to go 'oh yeah... I did enjoy his posts... I wonder where he is'.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
YO SANTTU I MADE AN AVATAR FOR YOU.

santtuavvy.jpg