User Tag List

View Poll Results: Please have time to read and check those that apply

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm here to explore the validity of various personality instruments

16 47.06%
  • People in here have fun, so who cares what the site is about

9 26.47%
  • I think the best education about types comes from chatting with people, not theorizing

18 52.94%
  • This is a place to meet like-minded people.. some are, some aren't

14 41.18%
  • This is a place to relax after all my work and have a good time

12 35.29%
  • Psychology is of great interest to me, and this is a place to start.

19 55.88%
  • I can have educated discussions about specialized subjects in here.

10 29.41%
  • This is a better moderated forum than most, so I stay to enjoy the good discussions.

7 20.59%
  • You're serious? Psychology? Community? I'm here for the lols

7 20.59%
  • This kind of thing grows on you, and you're not quite the same anymore.

18 52.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default What's your take on typologyC?

My thing: hoped to have a feeling of community in here, quitted (no-one noticed), came back to share knowledge, give and take. Yours?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

In a nutshell?

For as long as I have work that I hate doing, I have taken on a secondary busyness to keep me slightly distracted from work, enough to actually keep working, without getting terribly bored by the work.

I stumbled here and I dunno, there's just so many things I can learn here that it kinda became more then just a distraction, for the moment. Although I'm sure, knowing me, that in a week or two I'll become a bit more casual and only abuse it to stimulate me at work.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Came here primarily to learn about MBTI and typology. Stayed because of the community.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Learning about NFs, SJs, relationships and general psychology.
    Post to gain more information. Lurk to gain more information.

Feeds into my Si database.

i don't see this as community, because it's too heterogeneous and has no ideological agenda other than a basic believe in something like types.

this is a good thing for me, because at this point, I don't want to bother myself about whether i can identify with a communal directive or not. especially not in a heterogeneous flatland place and not in a foreign language. i mean, i could not identify with any heterogeneous flatland place anyway, if it were required, and i want to be straight about it, rather than identifying with some aspects and wishing them to become more emphasized over time. i am done with somewhat conformist Fe ambitions/politics. it's burned out. i want to bring my networking on a more one-on-one/p2p level, which is not happening in foreign language Internet (for me), so i am operating in a relatively Fe-less mode.

i don't care, that a lot of people have different theoretical ideas (mbti vs socionics) than me, because i don't learn by discussing about theories (i can form and evaluate plenty of theory on my own. i dream about this shit), but i learn by observing the personal aspects of people, that are flowing into what they say. so i am here for the people, not for their current thoughts or selfimage/understanding. (jus' saying cuz i was asked, what a socioncs guy is doing here anyway. btw, being a "socioncs guy" is not a part of my selfimage at all. cuz', again, i dont care about (written) theories, i care about observation)

so, i especially like the heterogeneity and less affair style of the board. i could not find that, on a more theoretical board where people care more about developing typology being right about their latest brain fart. this is more of a "hang out and be yourself" community. (yeah, in that sense its a community i guess. without communion. an Icommunity *g*)

my primary motive is "my idea of fun" plus wasting time.

having an imaginary listener inspires me to channel my ideas into a more concrete form.

Came here to learn about MBTI and learn about my type. Stayed because I met some people who were interested and willing to talk about the same random crap I was.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I joined after reading only 5 some odd posts. Then spontaniously assumed that those few posts are how this joint rolls. Ya Crap Shoulda read more.

I have noticed that it can make me think of 10,000 different things at once. (thus stains overlapped sentences thinking he did add the missing pieces) Yet all those things do end up as thoughts somehow ambiguously related to one subject. MBTI.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    I joined after reading only 5 some odd posts. Then spontaniously assumed that those few posts are how this joint rolls. Ya Crap Shoulda read more.
    What were the posts like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I actually think this place is largely a failure as a location for learning about personality type systems. Great if you want to observe the dynamics of them being abused and misapplied, though.

I'm mostly here for the community these days.
    Last edited by Magic Poriferan; 04-13-2009 at 01:32 PM.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    What were the posts like?
    They had the stink of someone tryin to give orders and project their pseudo junior high philosophy to confirm their own beliefs. Philosophy not politics or religious ideology. Those two are debatable. I am also aware that i do it too. Refer to 1st 3 posted sentences here. Stalk some of my posts in my (stats) section in ascending order. Then observe the evolution of my behavior. It contrasts with the development of Fe accordingly. And
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?