User Tag List

View Poll Results: Please have time to read and check those that apply

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm here to explore the validity of various personality instruments

16 47.06%
  • People in here have fun, so who cares what the site is about

9 26.47%
  • I think the best education about types comes from chatting with people, not theorizing

18 52.94%
  • This is a place to meet like-minded people.. some are, some aren't

14 41.18%
  • This is a place to relax after all my work and have a good time

12 35.29%
  • Psychology is of great interest to me, and this is a place to start.

19 55.88%
  • I can have educated discussions about specialized subjects in here.

10 29.41%
  • This is a better moderated forum than most, so I stay to enjoy the good discussions.

7 20.59%
  • You're serious? Psychology? Community? I'm here for the lols

7 20.59%
  • This kind of thing grows on you, and you're not quite the same anymore.

18 52.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    And
    And?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    My thing: hoped to have a feeling of community in here, quitted (no-one noticed), came back to share knowledge, give and take. Yours?
    I figured it out. It's your (lack of an) avatar. It gives your forum persona more personality, even if they never read your posts.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes you need an avatar.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

Really, all of the above. I joined because I was interested in MBTI type and psychology, and this place was a better fit for me than INTPc. I made a group of friends in fairly short order, and I like interacting with them and with new people that make their way to the forums. I like that there's a diverse array of subjects being talked about, and I can join the discussions I'm interested in, and stay out of the ones I don't care about or am too private to participate in. I don't really have any expectations of the site--I think the people who get frustrated with the forum are people who have very specific expectations of it. They want less fluff, less going off-topic, more seriousness, less socializing, etc. I respect that, but at the same time, I feel like, who are they to dictate what the forum is? For me, a forum will develop its own personality, and then you as a poster decide whether you want to join in or not. It's kind of what you make it.

And yeah, an avatar helps people figure out your personality and helps you stick in their minds.
    Something Witty

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

And?
    No. Not like that. (And) as in i forgot the rest due to thinking about 10,000 different things at once. In other words Santtu-"And?" stain-"i forgot"
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm every so often without an avatar, so thanks for the hint.

I think Tallullah handled some serious thoughts of mine. I've advocated the pursuit of serious discussions as opposed to fluff, but I think people fit in nicely right now, no matter the level of their seriousness. No-one seems to be denied of those important discussions at the time, while people can go freely too, chatting all they want in the lightest manner possible. Perhaps the separation of the two camps has brought a measure of peace and enjoyment of diversity.

Still, I'm sometimes disapponted how people can't concentrate on the subject, and just ask to experiment with all the types just by talking about all the random stuff. Then again, as an ENTJ, I want a lot of ideas for my input, diversity, freedom of expression and thought and everything.

Uhh sorry if I've dropped my clarity of thought. I've had a few beers and a bad case of allergy today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

this place is so fluffy, it's like a cotton candy factory. I stop in because my job is boring.

Except for all the blustery and macho NT's who guard the door and societies morals with (self)-righteous indignation. they are a HOOT!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Still, I'm sometimes disapponted how people can't concentrate on the subject, and just ask to experiment with all the types just by talking about all the random stuff. Then again, as an ENTJ, I want a lot of ideas for my input, diversity, freedom of expression and thought and everything.
    This is a consequence of the fact that this site welcomes people of a common interest instead of a common MBTI profile. If you want continued focus on a topic, INTJforum is a better place for that. A place like this offers more perspective, but at the cost of some people not taking your Very Serious Topic(tm) very seriously.

The only difference between this site and another random forum, for better or worse, is that when someone goes astray here, there's a good chance you have an *idea* of their type. Which can in turn be used to further understand typology and human nature. (Just watch out for those that intentionally post a fake Type or are misidentified, but even they offer insight.)

Also, as a side note you need to invest in people before they invest in you. The forum as a whole won't miss you... but if you develop bonds with people, those individuals would miss you. If you build enough of those, they'll say something, which will trigger others to go 'oh yeah... I did enjoy his posts... I wonder where he is'.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

YO SANTTU I MADE AN AVATAR FOR YOU.

"All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTJ