123 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default Games and functions

I was thinking..the link that Blackcat posted recently, says that you can practice your Si by for instance playing 'Find Waldo', aside from other activities listed there. Now, I personally am way more motivated to try something I don't usually do if it's fun. So is it possible to come up with games which stimulate each function?

For instance, although I *can* use Te when I really really need to, I hate doing so, and as a result it doesn't come naturally to me. But I was wondering what game could..I guess encourage me to use it more. And thought that maybe Tetris might be good for Te development?

For those struggling with bodylanguage for Fe or Fi-improvement, those tests where you have to guess the emotion on the persons face, might be an idea, as well as that tvshow 'Lie to me'.

So does anyone have any other ideas?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I like strategy games of many kinds.

They are good for practicing Te. And many other functions (like Ni, Ne, Ti and Si)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Complexity is what I enjoy most in games. Complexity of any kind. If a game is too simple, I don't enjoy it.

Games with a luck factor can be fun, especially if bluffing is involved though. INTPs make great pokerfaces.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Complexity is what I enjoy most in games. Complexity of any kind. If a game is too simple, I don't enjoy it.

Sounds familiar.

I love complex games as well, or games that at least try to be different from every other game out there. I don't really like strategy games, though. The decisions you have to make are either too drawn-out and simple, or too quick and complex (although I love strategy games that allow me to take my time, i.e. turn-based). The games I tend to love are ones that simply focus on learning the rules of the game, or at least allow you to learn them in your own time. Games I love are easy to get into, but promise complexity and new experiences somewhere down the road, and they allow me to get there at my pace and in my own way (so games like Deus Ex, Bioshock, Team Fortress 2).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I tend to fall asleep in complex or strategy games ;D

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned

OP, you might find games like Harvest Moon or Pikmin kind of useful for developing Te. Granted, they're not as bloody and action-filled as some of the others of this type, but you have to organize entire little communities and/or resources to successfully accomplish the various goals within the games. This means you basically have to plan ahead, consider obstacles, and try to maximize efficiency. Being a weirdy mcweird E/INTJ, I really enjoy these kinds of games as they force you to calculate and recalculate constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I was thinking..the link that Blackcat posted recently, says that you can practice your Si by for instance playing 'Find Waldo', aside from other activities listed there. Now, I personally am way more motivated to try something I don't usually do if it's fun. So is it possible to come up with games which stimulate each function?

For instance, although I *can* use Te when I really really need to, I hate doing so, and as a result it doesn't come naturally to me. But I was wondering what game could..I guess encourage me to use it more. And thought that maybe Tetris might be good for Te development?

For those struggling with bodylanguage for Fe or Fi-improvement, those tests where you have to guess the emotion on the persons face, might be an idea, as well as that tvshow 'Lie to me'.

So does anyone have any other ideas?
    I wonder if Tetris would be better for developing S functions... I have beat that game many times (yes, you can beat Tetris ). Another good S-developer is Mario Brothers (1,2,3 and Mario World) for Ninendo (old school). Generally I hate/have trouble with non 2-D games except for car-racing games...

Someone said strategy games for T... probably! Because my Te is my weakest function and I'm awful at strategy games (I do like playing Chess, but am pretty poor at it, for example). Sometimes spending a lot of time with a person with strong Ti or Te is also helpful (I tested INTP as a teenager when I hung out a LOT with my INTJ brother).

Good way of practicing Si is recalling specific memories or emotions felt when crossing a particular place. That's pleasent itself...

Reminiscing is Si.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    OP, you might find games like Harvest Moon or Pikmin kind of useful for developing Te. Granted, they're not as bloody and action-filled as some of the others of this type, but you have to organize entire little communities and/or resources to successfully accomplish the various goals within the games. This means you basically have to plan ahead, consider obstacles, and try to maximize efficiency. Being a weirdy mcweird E/INTJ, I really enjoy these kinds of games as they force you to calculate and recalculate constantly.
    Those are really fun for me. Even more fun (probably involving Fe) are the Sim games. All I'm waiting for is an "ultimate" Fe game in which you deal with "growing" societies and culture (Sim Societies tried to do this, but failed utterly). The civ games I've been exposed to don't seem to focus much on growing and forming the culture of the people directly...instead it seems to be done indirectly and as a side effect of more objective goals related to the mechanics of civilisation growth.

In some ways I could see the Myst games as very Ti/Ni-oriented. Lots of complex problem solving that involves linking concepts together and parts together.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost