• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Data collection for gene theory! It is SO ON!

maliafee

Only those sure of their types and their family's types need respond, please. :D

I'm collecting 50 + pieces of evidence and I'm doing it like a madwoman.

That's right, I need you to please leave me posts with info about your type, the type of your siblings, and that of your parents. If you are sure of grandparents and other relatives, even better.

Uninterested parties need not bother applying. This thread is just for data collection purposes!

Man, this is gonna be great... after this, all we have to do is find an interested NT to help make me a theory, haha...

Fill out the below, please, only if you are SURE of the types of you and your family:

TYPE:
FATHER'S TYPE:
MOTHER'S TYPE:
SIBLING 1's TYPE:
SIBLING 2's TYPE:
...so on...

Thank you so much!

This is gonna be as interesting (more than) as when my biology teacher taught us about green bean genes in 9th grade.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really don't know for sure, but to the best of my guess

Father: ENTJ
Mother: ENFJ
Brother (oldest): ENTP
Me: INTP
Lil sister: ESFJ

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mom: ISFJ
Dad: ENTP
Brother: INXP
Brother: ENTP
Me: ENFP

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My guesses:

Mother: ISFJ
Father: INTP
Brother: INFP
Me: INTJ?

Paternal Grandmother: ESFP
Paternal Grandfather: ISTJ (not sure, but he certainly had an ISTJ sense of humor)
Maternal Grandmother: ESFJ
Aunt 1(maternal): ESFJ
Aunt 2(maternal): ISxP

As for my maternal grandfather, I never met him, but from what I've heard of him, he almost sounds like an ENTP.

VagrantFarce

mother: esfj
father: istj
brother: esfp
me: intp

the cat: istp ( :SaiyanSmilie_anim: )

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Father: ESFJ
Mother: ENFP
Me: ENTP
Brother: ENTP

deleted
Me= INTJ
Mum= ISFP
Dad= ISTP
Bro= ESTP
Sis= ENFP
Big Dog= ESXP
Small Dog= ISFJ

I'm an it like my dad, but I don't spit like my dad.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm pretty much certain, but they haven't taken any tests:

Mum - ISFP
Dad - ENTJ
Me - ISTJ
Middle brother - ISTP
Younger brother - ENFJ

To be fair, between my mum and my dad there were a lot of variances we could have inherited!

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Dad-ENTP
Mom-None of your buisnessENFP
Sis-Not sure. leanin on ISFP. very balanced
Bro-INFJ
i-INTP

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Type: ENTP
Mother's Type: iSTJ
Father's Type: ISTJ

I'm not 100% on my Dad's type, but I'm pretty positive.

theplacesyoullgo

I don't mean this in a condescending way at all, but you realize that this isn't necessarily "gene theory" per se, right? Connecting children to their parents' types doesn't mean they inherited the types through genetics.

(Edit: Just saw the other thread related to this - I would have been surprised if I were the only one to point this out!)

Type: ENTJ (only child)
Father's type: INTP
Mother's type: ESFJ
Maternal grandmother's type: possible ESFJ, but so ridiculously mentally unhealthy that it's almost impossible to type...

maliafee

I don't mean this in a condescending way at all, but you realize that this isn't necessarily "gene theory" per se, right? Connecting children to their parents' types doesn't mean they inherited the types through genetics.

Sure, but it could be. It's fun and interesting. I just wanted to see...

Also, I've posted quite a bit on type and genetics... I believe nurture is largely NOT to blame for type (but I respect others' opinions otherwise).
Since I think nature causes type, I thought I'd see if there's an obvious correlation. However, given the nature of genes, this won't necessarily tell us what I want to know.

Still again, fun!

(Edit: Just saw the other thread related to this - I would have been surprised if I were the only one to point this out!)

Type: ENTJ (only child)
Father's type: INTP
Mother's type: ESFJ
Maternal grandmother's type: possible ESFJ, but so ridiculously mentally unhealthy that it's almost impossible to type...

theplacesyoullgo

Oh, I agree that the idea is totally fun. If only we could truly control for one's upbringing and background... heh. In my years as a psych major, I found that pretty much every answer to the nature vs. nurture question is simply "both."

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do believe that there's a genetic predisposition to MBTI type, but it probably involves multiple gene combinations, which makes simple correlations difficult. Still, this is a great idea and I wish you luck!

Here are the MBTI types of my immediate family. We spent quite some time working together to verify each other's types, and my subsequent observations have confirmed that they are highly accurate:

MY TYPE (eldest brother): INFJ
FATHER'S TYPE: INFP
MOTHER'S TYPE: ESFP
SIBLING 1's TYPE (younger brother): ISFP

What's really unusual is that we are all Feeling types. I don't know anyone else without a single T in their immediate family.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
All self typed so not certain

Me: INTP
Dad: INTP
Mom: ENTP
half sis(mom's side): ExTJ

(Dad's side)
Grandmother: ESFJ
Uncle: ISTJ
Uncle: ExTP

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Father - INTJ
Mother - INFJ
SIster - ESTJ
Me- ENFP

all 100% (or as close to 100 as i could get) certain.

and as a side note, not to discourage, and i saw someone mentioned it above, but you wont find anything. though MBTI most likely has something to do with genetics a) we (probably) are not geneticists b) genes are extremely complicated as is the personality (which is to say that even MBTI, in full, isn't enough to even get close to describing ones personality)

i like the enthusiasm though :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dad- INTP
Mom- ENFp
Myself- infp (borderline and balanced on everything)

Mine looks like a good example for your theory, INTP + ENFP

G

garbage

TYPE: ENFP
FATHER'S TYPE: ENTj
MOTHER'S TYPE: ISFJ
SISTER's TYPE: EnFJ
HALF-BROTHER (paternal)'s TYPE: ENTJ

the only P :doh:

I don't really know much of my extended family.. there are a lot of S's in there though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mom = ISFJ
Dad = ESTP
Sis = ISFJ
Me = INtP

Paternal Grandfather = ISTJ
Paternal Grandmother = IxFP
Maternal Grandfather = xSxx
Maternal Grandmother = ISFJ

Paternal Uncle = xSTx
Paternal Uncle = xSxx
Maternal Uncle = ISFJ
Maternal Aunt = xSTJ

As far as N's go, I have one cousin (ENFP) on my father's side. Everyone else in my entire basic extended family (those listed above and the other nine cousins) is an S.