User Tag List

First 345

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Theory one:
    All preferences as multiple-allele, J vs. P with P being recessive, S vs. N with N being recessive, F vs. T with T recessive, E vs. I with I being recessive. Though, the only preference where I can see evidence of one being recessive is N. Also, maybe T vs. F is tied to gender.
    Bull! I don't think there's a recessive vs dominance in any of the letter preferences... For sure I/E isn't dominant recessive. There's a heavy genetic component, but introversion is not recessive. It's more like a graded co-dominance. Kind of like height

Theory Two:
    All functions multiple allele, with expression of function being recessive.
    What do you mean by expression of function being recessive? I'm confused...
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

There's something strangely disturbing that my personality is mostly hardwired. Damn it. Freeeeeeeeee meeeeeeeee!

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

My family:

Me: (probably) eNfP
    Father: eNtJ
    Mother: iSFp

Mother's side:
    Grandfather: ?STJ (died when I was 6, never really knew him, always seemed to be a ?STJ when my mom told about him)
    Grandmother: I?FP
    Uncle: ESTP
    Aunt: ESFJ

Father's side:
    Grandfather: E?Fp? (can't remeber, he died when I was 3 years old, but when my dad tells about him, he seems like a E?Fp to me)
    Grandmother: ESFJ
    Aunt 1: ESFP
    Aunt 2: E??J? (she's hard to type)
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Interesting thread. I thought the only preference tied to biology would be Introvert-Extravert, and all the rest were developmental. Especially T vs. F.
    Why esp T vs F when you then go on to rightly note that there are strong gender diffs?

Crudely, T = "male-brained"
    F = "female-brained"

There is evidence to suggest that higher levels of testosterone in the mother's womb will lead to development of a "male-brain". Even in a female.

These levels are predominantly genetically determined ( in the mother) although the effect is an environmental one ( but not strictly nurture).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

i am: ENXP (F>=T)
    mother: ENFJ
    father: INTP (i reckon)

father's side unknown,

mother's side:
    father: ENXJ (T>=F)
    mother: IXFJ

aunt: ISFJ
    uncle: EXXP (not sure)
    (female) cousin: EXFJ (S>=N)
    cousin's fiancee: ISFP
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

as an additional note, i'm currently theorizing how much a child can be brainwashed before the brain has finished hardwiring itself.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    There is evidence to suggest that higher levels of testosterone in the mother's womb will lead to development of a "male-brain". Even in a female.

These levels are predominantly genetically determined ( in the mother) although the effect is an environmental one ( but not strictly nurture).
    I red this thoery once in an evolutionary psych book-that stress during moms pregnancy causes testosterone levels to decline, thus a boy babay could be a boy, but have a more girl-like brain, and the opposite could as well.

Also another cool Nature paper looking at Thinker-Feeler (they called it male-female) diffs in brain structure, by looking at a survey measure of empathy vs a survey measure of analytical IQ and coorelating with braoin structural diffs on ave in populations.

On one extreme was aspergers and austism, where increases in the white matter can be seen, and the other extreme was increased corpus collusum interconnectivity in femals (on average).

The paper was pretty interesting however I very likely muddled the description as I have forgotten most everything I ever knew...

points to a heck of a lot of nature but with epigenetic/biological inflnces playing a role as well,

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^The Essential Difference: male and female brains and the truth about autism.
    ~Simon Baron-Cohen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Mom-ESTJ
    Dad-ESTP
    Older brother-INTJ
    Older sister-ESTJ
    Twin sister-ISFP
    Me-ENTP

I am fairly certain about all of these types.
    I'm not sure how much of it is due to heredity.

I just know that when there's conflict, my twin sister is the first one to get overemotional..my mom and dad have a classic Guardian/Artisan relationship.

My mom wants to plan everything and is a neat freak while my dad prefers to wing it and is more disorganized. My mom disapproves of a lot more but my dad has more of a temper while my mom will disapprove in a calm and stern manner- so yea- don't get on either parent's bad side.. but if I want to do something fun, I'll ask my dad first.

This is kind of fun.
    Let's see for other family members.

Mother's Side
    Maternal grandmother: ISFJ
    Maternal grandfather (deceased): ISFP or ESFP (I lean towards ESFP- he seemed more ISFP but I realize due to his older age- he simply didn't feel like doing as much anymore and spent a lot of time by himself watching TV.)

Aunt-ESFJ
    Ex-husband- ENFP
    Adopted Cousin-ESFP

Aunt-ISFJ
    Uncle-ESFP
    Male Cousin #1-ESTP
    Female Cousin #1-ESFJ
    Female Cousin #2-ESFP

I don't know anyone on my father's side too well.
    I only met his brother and his family once. I'd say a family of somewhat snobbish Guardians.
    His brother could be a Rational or Artisan- since he quit his high-paying job as a lawyer because he was just so much smarter than everyone else... but as an ENTP, I wouldn't quit a sweet job simply because I thought the people I worked with were 'beneath me'- that seems to be an irrational decision.. he now is in charge of a smaller firm (which is great) but the reasons he left show somewhat of an arrogant side..
    Knowing my dad, who doesn't like or trust people who put on airs, I could see why they drifted apart..
    The only person my dad was close to from his family was his dad who passed away three months before I was born. His mom passed away when he was a teenager. However, from what I heard about him and seeing him in home videos, my guess would be ENTP.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx