User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Let's see... My mom is an ENFP and my dad is INTP. I only know the types on my mom's side, they seem kinda random to me.

Aunt and uncle set one- ESTJ aunt, ISTJ uncle. Two sons, one ESFP the other INTJ.

Aunt and uncle set two- INFP aunt INTP uncle. One daughter, ISFP.

Other aunt is an INTP.

Grandparents are an ESTP grandfather and ISTJ grandmother. I also have an ISFJ great aunt.

On my dad's side I know that my grandmother was an INFP, and my grandfather was an ISTJ. Like I said above my dad is INTP, and from the impression I get of all of them they are a bunch of NTs (there is no specific type pattern), with a couple of NFs and one or two SJs and SPs. The "head of the family" on my dad's side is an ENTP I know that much. Otherwise I'm unclear about the specifics.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

I believe that we inherit a part of our personality from our parents, but, nothing that can be parsed out using the MBTI or any other Typology model (i.e., the personality inheritence is much more complex than we can pinpoint). I also think there's obviously the factor of 'nurture' or upbringing. I know that a lot of people say that my mannerisms, tonality of voice, is like my mother. We express ourselves very very differently, but, the nuances of our mannerisms, a lot have commented on it. Just as a lot have commented that I have my dad's 'brashness'.

My personality seems like a 50/50 exact inheritence from mom's and pop's....at a superficial glance. (this is also because they are exact opposites of each other, thus, accounting for all possible pairings....and I just ended up with 1 of the 16)

Mom: INFP
    Dad: ESTJ

Me: ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I believe that we inherit a part of our personality from our parents, but, nothing that can be parsed out using the MBTI or any other Typology model (i.e., the personality inheritence is much more complex than we can pinpoint). I also think there's obviously the factor of 'nurture' or upbringing. I know that a lot of people say that my mannerisms, tonality of voice, is like my mother. We express ourselves very very differently, but, the nuances of our mannerisms, a lot have commented on it. Just as a lot have commented that I have my dad's 'brashness'.

My personality seems like a 50/50 exact inheritence from mom's and pop's....at a superficial glance. (this is also because they are exact opposites of each other, thus, accounting for all possible pairings....and I just ended up with 1 of the 16)

Mom: INFP
    Dad: ESTJ

Me: ENTP
    SO interesting.

50% inheritance seems right.

I'm not sure there's a way to do what I want (formulate a realistic gene theory) but I would love to see it, just because it's so interesting to me...
    I was hoping we could figure out type or function inheritance like eye color... *sigh* perhaps not? I'm not really giving up though. Even if genetic, is it completely random? I mean, you can have a family of brown-eyed people and one blue-eyed person...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

To be honest I'd just look at population statistics regarding type and try to fit the observed data to one of those probability grids [forget the actual name], and see if you can get genotypes/variables to fit the probability distributions of the types.

TypeC forum is way too small a dataset to get an accurate formula.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    To be honest I'd just look at population statistics regarding type and try to fit the observed data to one of those probability grids [forget the actual name], and see if you can get genotypes/variables to fit the probability distributions of the types.

TypeC forum is way too small a dataset to get an accurate formula.
    Goddamnit I'm no NT! What do I know about datasets?! I just wanna see...

Don't make me get bored of this... 'cause I'll do it!!!

*giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Grandparents are an ESTP grandfather and ISTJ grandmother.
    ME TOO!!!

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Left-brain dominance correlates to J types, and right-brain dominance correlates to P types. I think there was a thread about this.

So besides E/I, which definitely shows brain differences, there might also be differences observable in J/P types. I also think S favors the left-brain and N favors the right.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Left-brain dominance correlates to J types, and right-brain dominance correlates to P types. I think there was a thread about this.

So besides E/I, which definitely shows brain differences, there might also be differences observable in J/P types. I also think S favors the left-brain and N favors the right.
    I have tested twice to have equal brain dominance. My INTJ brother has tested with this, too.

So what does that mean?!

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I have tested twice to have equal brain dominance. My INTJ brother has tested with this, too.

So what does that mean?!
    S uses left-brain, and P uses right. So if you're a xSxP type, or a xNxJ type, having equal dominance in these cases can make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    S uses left-brain, and P uses right. So if you're a xSxP type, or a xNxJ type, having equal dominance in these cases can make sense.
    But xSxP doesn't really make sense... (to me)...