User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Costrin and BlackCat's super duper typology overview (of doom)

This thread will be used for Costrin and I to release prototype type profiles, theorize about typology and other subjects pertaining to typology. We are posting it here for your input as well, so we can further improve our understandings.

Here is the stuff we currently have-

INFP Profile by BlackCat
    ISTJ Profile by BlackCat
    INTP Profile by Costrin

More stuff later, ISTP profile by Costrin soon, ISFP profile by BlackCat soon. We may start working on these tomorrow (don't say "will," we ARE an INFP and an INTP working on this. ).

We may also be getting an actual blog on a website for this, so that we won't have to bum a mod's mod powers to update this OP whenever we do something.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 04-08-2009 at 10:02 AM.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Rawr.

Yeah the vast majority of ISTP profiles out there really suck. So I is/are gonna be doing ISTP.
    I find this stems from a misunderstanding of Ti. So I may do a description of Ti first.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Random thoughts on Ti- It seems to be a lot like Fi in a sense that you store data and you take from it to apply to your life with Pe. Ti will gather in non-emotional data (it usually blows over this) and applies it to an inner network of knowledge. You will decide what is the best choice based on this network of knowledge, it's for decision making based on reason. This of course opens up vast possibilities as to what Ti could be used for in someone.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Rawr.

Yeah the vast majority of ISTP profiles out there really suck. So I is/are gonna be doing ISTP.
    I find this stems from a misunderstanding of Ti. So I may do a description of Ti first.
    You are so right - ISTPs deserve a much more comprehensive and accurate type description. The few ISTPs I've known IRL don't identify very much with the limited and stereotyped available profiles. I could say the same for ISFPs, too!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

You crazy cats! I'll cattle-prod you from time to time with my J to encourage results!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

deleted

It's always helped to extract a bit of information from socionics Te, that ISTps have. I've always seen more connections in logic with ESTJ/ISTP than ESTP/ISTP (MBTI). It might just be an S thing. You can do it your way though. Keep up the work.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ISTJ profile in the works, the prototype will be posted shortly.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ISTJ PROFILE FINISHED! GO TO PAGE 2 TO GET A LINK! Or just check the SJ forum.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

So, in preparation of my ISTP profile, I decided to write a description of Ti. There are many misconceptions of what Ti is (specifically, the common conception of Ti is actually closer to TiNe), and an understanding of how it works is essential to understanding the ISTP.

First, what Ti is not:
    Ti is not inherently logical.
    Ti is not linear.
    Ti is not theoretical.
    Ti is not objective-oriented (though it is object-oriented).

Now that that's out of the way, my Ti description:

Introverted Thinking
    Ti is an introverted judging process. It takes data given by Extraverted Perceiving and judges it. Ti basically takes the data, and “melds” with it, it analyzes it from all angles until it understands the essential qualities of it completely. This is a non-linear, almost unconscious process, and it does not make use of logic. The logic of Ti comes from the fact that the data is understood completely, including all the rules of how it operates, which is logical. For example, if you use a hammer on a nail, Ti figures out how the force of the hammer causes the nail to be driven into the wood, and how far, and at what angle, etc. It takes in all the variables simultaneously and figures out how the system as a whole works, but if asked, it's answer will likely be something along the lines of “because that's how it works, can't you see that?”. Whereas a Te approach would be to take the force of the swing, the weight of the hammer, surface area, length of the nail, density of the wood, angle the nail is hit, etc and preform a lengthy and complicated math problem. As you can see, Te is just plain inefficient here (ironically, considering Te is all about efficiency). Furthermore, Ti is experiential. It relies upon actual real world data seen personally by the individual. Here is where much of the confusion arises. Because of the nature of Ne, it allows you to see things that don't actually physically exist, and Ti is able to utilize that data, but fundamentally, the individual is still experiencing it. The experiential nature of Ti is much more noticeable when paired with Se. Se gives physical external data which Ti uses. The above hammer example is TiSe in action. Another place where Ti is evident is in music. Where a Te approach to learning to play an instrument would be to learn the scales and chords and how to read sheet music and all that, Ti would learn by doing. It would learn by experimenting with the instrument, by listening to music and hearing the underlying structure and then applying that to the individual's own playing. It learns how different sounds fit together by hearing it, as opposed to someone telling you for example, “the first plus third plus fifth notes in a scale make a major chord which sounds good” in a very mathematical and mechanical way.

And stuff. Yes I know it needs editing, I'll do that later.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Knight is a great visual reference, but I suspect troublesome when applied to female ISTJs.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke