• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Costrin and BlackCat's super duper typology overview (of doom)

VagrantFarce

dont take this an attack, but A LOT of that sounds like a description of Ni... for the sake of function accuracy, you may need to do a profile of ALL the functions at once haha... just help yourself maintain differences.

This is a good idea; define the functions, and explain how they work together with each type.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That may sound a lot like Ni because every introverted function is basically a system of data within you, and you can sorta relate it to the Ti definition that he has.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
dont take this an attack, but A LOT of that sounds like a description of Ni... for the sake of function accuracy, you may need to do a profile of ALL the functions at once haha... just help yourself maintain differences.

Unsurprisingly. Ti and Ni can look very similiar.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kangirl, expect ENTJs and ENFJs to go last. We always do! But heck, at least we can make some friends while waiting in line.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4

I think Ti an Ni are very similar. The difference is that Ni shows you all the possible connections and Ti makes the connections to get to conclusions.

correct me if I'm wrong

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think Ti an Ni are very similar. The difference is that Ni shows you all the possible connections and Ti makes the connections to get to conclusions.

correct me if I'm wrong

Very similiar to how I've worded it in the past:

"Difference is that Ni discovers the connections, Ti makes them."
"The difference is that to Ni, they were always there, Ni just found them. Ti on the other hand, tied them together by hand."

deleted
Ti makes a whole bunch of extra connections for Ni to discover, to find out they're something else, or like something else.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Kangirl, expect ENTJs and ENFJs to go last. We always do! But heck, at least we can make some friends while waiting in line.

I suppose our 2 types are being left for last because Costrin and Blackcat know that we are calm, stoical, patient, and always willing to let others go first.

*cough* :D

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Another place where Ti is evident is in music. Where a Te approach to learning to play an instrument would be to learn the scales and chords and how to read sheet music and all that, Ti would learn by doing. It would learn by experimenting with the instrument, by listening to music and hearing the underlying structure and then applying that to the individual's own playing.
*Skips reading posts to respond to this snippet*

That would make sense, since when I use my shadow Te and try and learn the things like that, it just doesn't click, but when I find a cool little section of notes to tinker with on my guitar, I learn it a lot more readily. My F (Fi? Fe? I dunno which one) also works as the judge of how good the bit actually is, though Te may say 'that doesn't fit into the scale? Why does it still sound good?' then Fe or Fi, or even Se, needs to push it to the side and say 'It sounds good, that's all that matters.'
"The difference is that to Ni, they were always there, Ni just found them. Ti on the other hand, tied them together by hand."

That's just one part of what Ni does.

I think Ni, Ti's close sibling, is about 'gazing into the crystal ball' so to speak and understand how things flow in our mind. Data that comes in is influenced by that mental aether, leading to hunches and other insights. Sort of like those cool goggles Johny Depp had in the Sleepy Hollow movie he was in, or, even more accurate, the magic stone the kids had in the Spiderwick Chronicles. Also, when the Aether starts to flow, ideas just come naturally to Ni, leading to the mass jumble of ideas that try to get out at once when I get on a train of thought. IT also lead to this wall of text :D

Ne comes up with ideas compared to the object, these ideas can rebound off each other like pool balls, leading so some interesting insights and creations. It loves to explore 'idea-scapes'. When Ne clicks in, NPs seem to love rebounding ideas off of each other. It's dangerous to put 2 ENTPs in a room for that reason. :D

Since Si is the concrete form of Ni, it's much more past based since the data you get is stored. Where Ni sort of vaporizes it into a weird cloud, Si blocks it together. Organizing all the data into sections of a wall. New data is related to the wall in where it goes and what should be done with it.

Se, I think, likes to explore the world with the senses, taking in data to use to add to the world, to make it interesting. Since Se is fundamentally always in the world, it loves to keep it interesting. It also understands its chosen realm very well. The example of Ti/Se allows, say, an ISTP carpenter to understand all the intricacies of his tools and how to make that cabinet outstanding.

That's my understanding of the functions, I was on a roll and didn't want to block off the ideas. I still don't think I totally understand the judging functions.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*Skips reading posts to respond to this snippet*

That would make sense, since when I use my shadow Te and try and learn the things like that, it just doesn't click, but when I find a cool little section of notes to tinker with on my guitar, I learn it a lot more readily. My F (Fi? Fe? I dunno which one) also works as the judge of how good the bit actually is, though Te may say 'that doesn't fit into the scale? Why does it still sound good?' .

or you could Te your way into looking up what scale those notes DO fit into :D ...they sound good because they apart of some other scale or the "same" scale in another "key". /Te factiod regurgitation.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
or you could Te your way into looking up what scale those notes DO fit into :D ...they sound good because they apart of some other scale or the "same" scale in another "key". /Te factiod regurgitation.

My Te sucks, it would take too much energy to do that. I just wanna play guitar! :D

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My Te sucks, it would take too much energy to do that. I just wanna play guitar! :D

oh you silly INFJs :D

...wait, im supposed to hate INFJs still! dont let iwaker see this... :run:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You're an ENTJ for crying out loud! you have an army of soldiers -somewhere- you can use to keep Iwakar off you! :D

My Te always just gets me absorbed in the organization-for-streamlining and it usually just ends up with me wasting time. I envy people who can use it effectively :)

That goes with Si... Se... Ti... Fi... :D

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Did you guys give up on this or has your P become stronger?

Split_Infinitive

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My Te always just gets me absorbed in the organization-for-streamlining and it usually just ends up with me wasting time. I envy people who can use it effectively :)
Hear hear! Organisation, reorganisation, re-reorganisation, no it could be more streamlined still... aaaagh when can I get to the doing rather than planning!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
~DESCRIPTION OF Fi FOR REFERENCE~

Fi is about value typically. This value is usually self centered, and it's about making the user feel good. These values can branch to other people, for example making it so if X person feels good then the Fi user will feel good as well as a result. Fi users are also granted the ability to know how someone is feeling (one way or another). With this ability the person may be able to see through other's intentions, or anything that you could have based on knowing the other's emotional state.

My theory about how all of this works is that Fi is a database of emotion within the person. You can take from this, add to it, look at it as a reference etc. This may be where "values" come to be, within this database. The person's emotional experiences and the emotions they have felt go in this database, and they are stored as a memory sort of. While in there the person will remember how they felt when a certain thing happened, and they may want to influence their emotional state by experiencing this again. Or on the other hand, something may make them feel bad, and they may want to avoid these feelings of negativity. This is where "something just doesn't feel right" comes in. This also may be where things may feel a certain to someone, and they make this judgment immediately when they come in contact with something. As Udog said later in the thread this could be called "resonance" with something. If this resonance is a bad one then the person will try to make it good in some way, and if it's good then it will be kept good.

I may add to this later, and I will take your input to heart. :)

Last edited: