First 678

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat
    My theory about how all of this works is that Fi is a database of emotion within the person. You can take from this, add to it, look at it as a reference etc. This may be where "values" come to be, within this database. The person's emotional experiences and the emotions they have felt go in this database, and they are stored as a memory sort of. While in there the person will remember how they felt when a certain thing happened, and they may want to influence their emotional state by experiencing this again. Or on the other hand, something may make them feel bad, and they may want to avoid these feelings of negativity. This is where "something just doesn't feel right" comes in. This also may be where things may feel a certain to someone, and they make this judgment immediately when they come in contact with something. As Udog said later in the thread this could be called "resonance" with something. If this resonance is a bad one then the person will try to make it good in some way, and if it's good then it will be kept good.
    A lot of this sounds like Fi + Si. Personally, I think Fi has more of a direct, instinctive response to things. This can be conditioned by past experiences (Si) but I don't think it is necessarily. I could be wrong, though. Maybe some of the INTJs, etc, can throw more light on this, as they have Fi and very little Si.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Tried getting some more understanding of what confuses me about the SPs the most in this thread. No luck so far for understanding though, this is all that's holding the ISFP profile back.
    SP

Sensing, Perceptive

S: They primarily take in information via their 5 senses - what they can feel, see, smell, hear, touch.
    P: Their preferred method of operation is to continually gather information instead of using it and then moving on.

This means they gather information via their 5 senses - via the real world. So if they are interested in gathering information, and do it via their 5 senses, how does that show up? Well, by living in the moment as best as possible! If they don't live in the moment, who knows what they miss.

Basically, things in the real world is what they are tuned for, and that's how they go about gathering information. Us INFPs call it 'living in the real world'.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hey thanks! This was very clear and well-described! I wonder, though, based on other descriptions that I've read, is there also an element of emotional understanding, as well? For instance, if the Fi user feels a certain way or resonates a certain way about something, do they typically explore that feeling and come to an understanding about what underlying need/motivation it is that makes them feel that way? Or at least, do INFPs do this?
    If I had to describe Fi in a single phrase, it would be "Be true to yourself."

And yes, I do this. By understanding why something makes me feel a certain way, I understand myself better. Not sure how that reflects in ISFPs.

For instance (and I'm just really talking out of my ass here), suppose an INFP saw someone on the street take the initiative to help a blind guy to the bus, and they felt good internally about it (or that person). Might they then consciously explore why it is they feel this way? Trace it back to some fundamental emotional need, or combination of needs? I'm curious to know if INFPs do this, or if they just rather experience the emotion and react to it un-reflexively?
    Well, I'd know why I'd feel good about. Random acts of kindness make me happy. However, what I might do is try to work my way over to the kind person and strike up a conversation, and better understand WHY they did it. If they offer an interesting viewpoint, I figure out a way to integrate it until my value system.

MBTI
    ENFP

ENFP!!! We (I) want ENFP's!!!!!!!!!!

BTW 1st Post!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

ENFJ... one day :> ... maybe?!
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    My Pness has always been extremely large.
    One of my profs made this joke, totally deadpan, when we were discussing MBTI.

Also: When are we seeing some ENTP action in this place?