• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Costrin and BlackCat's super duper typology overview (of doom)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
As is apparent, Si is necessary in order to ground INTPs to reality. Si details basically act as anchors keeping the boat from drifting away. Likely similiar for ISTPs, Ni ties the otherwise disparate Se data together.

And stuff.

So what grounds ENTP's into reality then, since Si is virtually non-existant? I mean I think I have an idea, but I wanna see what you think it is. Great work so far, by the way :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will need help with ENTJs Kangirl, you could post an overview of sorts in this thread if you want. That's how I did the ISTJ one, I got two overviews to get a general idea. I also did some research to get some other basic concepts.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Gah! I answered the survey! What more do you want from me?! Results! I must haz dem!

Seriously, though, you don't want me posting an overview - it'd be too personal and biased and would skew any results. But if you have some specific questions for ENTJs, post them and hopefully a few of us will answer.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was thinking that Kangirl. That is gonna be what it takes, I will get writer's block and I'll need to know specific things. :)

Isy

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
5w4
(about the Ti text)

Costrin, your profiles are starting to excite me: I'm feeling intellectually horny.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Don't worry gaiz, I'll get around to that ISTP profile.... eventually.....

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So if ISTJs are knights....

INFJs are oneiromancers!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*UPDATE*

Working on the ISFP profile tomorrow possibly. But there is indeed an ISFP profile in the works, so be on the look out. This is from request of a good bit of ISFPs on here. :yes:

Tomorrow I'll start to gather notes that I will need for it anyways.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
*UPDATE*

Working on the ISFP profile tomorrow possibly. But there is indeed an ISFP profile in the works, so be on the look out. This is from request of a good bit of ISFPs on here. :yes:

Tomorrow I'll start to gather notes that I will need for it anyways.

OMG I CANT WAIT..HOW WILL I MAKE IT TROUGH WORK TOMORROW GRAWWWWHHH. :happy2:

xx00oo00xx

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Sooo, Costrin, how's that ISTP profile coming along? I liked your description of Ti. Eagerly awaiting more of your work.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sooo, Costrin, how's that ISTP profile coming along? I liked your description of Ti. Eagerly awaiting more of your work.

>_>
<_<

Fine.....

Yes.... fine....

Really....

Going along great.

Definitely.

The process is crusin' right along.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ummmm hellooooo, when might an ESTP profile be available for review? You do realize that you are totally favoring introvert profiles at this juncture in time and that is SO narrow minded. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I need to get myself into gear for the ISFP one. I promise it will happen sometime this weekend... or at least a start this weekend.

I'm going to be working on the SPs Halla, so ESTP will come from me or Costrin, depending on what comes up for him. However he has a lot of requests for ENTP, so I'll probably end up doing ESTP.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ummmm hellooooo, when might an ESTP profile be available for review? You do realize that you are totally favoring introvert profiles at this juncture in time and that is SO narrow minded. :D

Do it yourself!

:cry:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, in preparation of my ISTP profile, I decided to write a description of Ti. There are many misconceptions of what Ti is (specifically, the common conception of Ti is actually closer to TiNe), and an understanding of how it works is essential to understanding the ISTP.

First, what Ti is not:
Ti is not inherently logical.
Ti is not linear.
Ti is not theoretical.
Ti is not objective-oriented (though it is object-oriented).

Now that that's out of the way, my Ti description:

Introverted Thinking
Ti is an introverted judging process. It takes data given by Extraverted Perceiving and judges it. Ti basically takes the data, and “melds” with it, it analyzes it from all angles until it understands the essential qualities of it completely. This is a non-linear, almost unconscious process, and it does not make use of logic. The logic of Ti comes from the fact that the data is understood completely, including all the rules of how it operates, which is logical. For example, if you use a hammer on a nail, Ti figures out how the force of the hammer causes the nail to be driven into the wood, and how far, and at what angle, etc. It takes in all the variables simultaneously and figures out how the system as a whole works, but if asked, it's answer will likely be something along the lines of “because that's how it works, can't you see that?”. Whereas a Te approach would be to take the force of the swing, the weight of the hammer, surface area, length of the nail, density of the wood, angle the nail is hit, etc and preform a lengthy and complicated math problem. As you can see, Te is just plain inefficient here (ironically, considering Te is all about efficiency). Furthermore, Ti is experiential. It relies upon actual real world data seen personally by the individual. Here is where much of the confusion arises. Because of the nature of Ne, it allows you to see things that don't actually physically exist, and Ti is able to utilize that data, but fundamentally, the individual is still experiencing it. The experiential nature of Ti is much more noticeable when paired with Se. Se gives physical external data which Ti uses. The above hammer example is TiSe in action. Another place where Ti is evident is in music. Where a Te approach to learning to play an instrument would be to learn the scales and chords and how to read sheet music and all that, Ti would learn by doing. It would learn by experimenting with the instrument, by listening to music and hearing the underlying structure and then applying that to the individual's own playing. It learns how different sounds fit together by hearing it, as opposed to someone telling you for example, “the first plus third plus fifth notes in a scale make a major chord which sounds good” in a very mathematical and mechanical way.

And stuff. Yes I know it needs editing, I'll do that later.

dont take this an attack, but A LOT of that sounds like a description of Ni... for the sake of function accuracy, you may need to do a profile of ALL the functions at once haha... just help yourself maintain differences.