User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    don't all young extp want the same? party, power, sex? the good clothing label, the newest skateboard?
    what knowledge is there, in the teen world?

surely an average enneagram seven is not all that interested into school matter.
    and computers are boring, unless you are in a scene where you can throw parties around computers, ie parties financed by pirate/hacker activities.

that stuff did not even exist in the early nineties. no hover boards either.

so, what's left?

do entp go for knowledge about other peoples penis size?
    'cause he sure tryed to pull down my pants more than once.
    I agree with Blackmail on this. I don't know a lot of ENTPs, but the ones I can recall from my youth (which mostly took place in the 80s) would have no concern with fashion, and their idea of a party would be drasticly different than an ESTP. If they cared about a skateboard, it would probably be for what alternative uses they could think of for it not for actual skateboarding. Your friend sounds very much how I would expect a typical young ESTP to be (but I would not rule out an imature ESFP either).

In my mind, the ENTP is the personification of inventiveness and experimentation - the world is their laboratory and everything in it represents untapped potential. Now this is just the perception of an NFP regarding ENTPs, but I think their primary values (those common to nearly all ENTPs) are more along the lines of knowledge, and creativity my perception of ESTPs is that they value things like achievement, new experiences and excitement.

The one example of an ENTP in youth I can think of liked to take mundane objects and see what he could use them for and/or convince other people they were or could be used for.
    Last edited by TenebrousReflection; 04-08-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: minor changes

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Egal was gegenwrtig existiert, egal was gegenwrtig geschieht, es gibt immer nur genau Einen der es beeinflussen kann.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuX7lHEU7-Y"]The One[/YOUTUBE]
    Nein, Stop posting in German

here is the efficient way, to get extroverted dominant people to participate in a topic.

oh dear extroverted people, i go down on my knees, to ask you to be so benevolent as to pleaasssee brag about your beautiful value system in your own words. make me believe in the absolute truth, coming straight from your perfect self-image, thank you. because i was unable to figure you out, while observing you for 30 years, and i feel so incomplete for not seeing your perfection.

only, that would create once more the illusion that you are needed AND benevolent. but you are not. it is the every day benevolence of "weak" people like me, that puts you in the position to have easy kings sized demands to others without having to be self-critical at all. you despise this benevolence as "weakness" and you may be right about that, except you contradict yourself, because you demand such weakness compulsively and go completely bonkers if you dont get it, as you have proven in this thread.

here is how values are supposed to work: if you think that something is bad, you will not only refrain from doing it yourself, but you will also discourage others from doing it. now, for the show of it, you pretend that you want me to be strong, yet i am strong in this thread, i simply talk from my past (more than 15 years ago), and you attack me, because i am not down on my knees, right away.

the truth is, that you have been friends with me, when i was weak, because i was weak, but you could not accept any sign of strength besides you, could not bear the idea that you are not needed like a god.

this is me, making you prove your true values, against your wish.

it was not even my plan to do this, when i created the thread. i was certainly a conscious decision to not go down on my knees before asking you something, but i had no idea it would turn out like that.

i was honestly overestimating you, believing your narcissism had gone 15 years ago - you had dis-identified from this early value set that 95% of you have in common, and you could talk about it honestly, admit it, without guilt but simply for the sake of objectivity.

but you are probably just 15 years old right now .... i should have thought about that.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Know thyself!

Personality Page.com

* When they express their underlying principles, however, they may feel awkward and speak abruptly and intensely.

* If this type of reasoning goes uncompletely unchecked by the ENTP, it could result in a character that is perceived by others as unethical or even dishonest. The ENTP, who does not naturally consider the more personal or human element in decision making, should take care to notice the subjective, personal side of situations. This is a potential problem are for ENTPs. Although their logical abilities lend strength and purpose to the ENTP, they may also isolate them from their feelings and from other people.

* If the Feeling part of themself is neglected, the ENTP may not value other people's input enough, or may become overly harsh and aggressive.

This being said, I would imagine that an ENTP who has developed their Si and their Fe could be quite moral.

Aside from this... I would imagine that all ENTPs would be moral for two reasons:
    1. Morals CAN BE socially dictated. At times, you need to follow certain operating procedures to be liked. IE We are charming as f*ck.
    2. We think, and know how to work 'the system'. Morals make sense, they make things easier. IE Keep your nose clean, don't lie, don't get your hands dirty, etc. It makes sense.

I do get a bit bothered when I read about "immoral ENTPs". We only seem immoral because we can fight on both sides. This means nothing about what we'd actually do. My argument's poor, but this topic saddens me. We're not that shallow.

ENTP Descriptions - ENTP - The Inventors
    Okay, so maybe we are. But there's a reason for everything. How else can we make our big schemes come true?
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

so, how is that value of knowledge, that you mention, displayed in entp, who are not yet on a rational stage of developement, or do not have access to rational means, like books or computers? what was the difference between young entp and young estp in the middle ages, i an agrarian culture, on the country?
    So... You got a brain at 18een or?
    I was reading 'big books' when the other kids were still looking at all the pretty pictures.
    And one can think for and by himself, you don't need a computer or to learn all you know from books. People who think that way aren't usually that smart anyway.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

So... You got a brain at 18een or?
    I was reading 'big books' when the other kids were still looking at all the pretty pictures.
    perfect input. and what about before that? i could imagine things, i am just asking.

And one can think for and by himself, you don't need a computer or to learn all you know from books.
    true. but then the value is maybe better worded as "insight", than "knowledge" which was proposed before. see: knowledge might just be a sensing value, then. for example, a profile of estJ says, they read or learn all they can in early years, then become suddenly very conservative, when grown up.

so its worth, taking a more precise look, at what it is ...

insight is related to observation, but what is valued enough, to become object of obsession of perception?
    is is iconoclastic in political or social context, or is it more psychologically oriented? or is it technical?
    or is it about how people work, meaning how power structures work, what i meant symbolically by penis size ...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Value system: well i'm eating a yoghurt so i'm a bit busy.
    But I'm pretty much, when it comes to morals, a kantian, a bit on the selfish side maybe.

I do understand the advantages\cons of more individual or group oriented strategies and I don't really stick to any.
    I'd say that in general, in any 'field', my value system is really fluid and relativistic. So i'm not even sure one could call it a value system. I don't really filter data that way, I simply take it in and see a few different possibilities, cast away a few paterns for simplification, time\computation efficiency, tailor it to the social interaction and so on and here we go.

There's one thing, I don't hit people, I use words to fight (but I wouldn't really care if i got punched on occasion, new is always fun).
    And I see interactions as going in both ways. If I do something I won't complain if somebody else does the same to me, it's only fair.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I learned english from Castle Wolfenstein + Doom 3D. That totally supported my firepower to develop a bombastic vocabulary (or arsenal of weapons)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

what knowledge is there, in the teen world?

surely an average enneagram seven is not all that interested into school matter.
    You're assuming that not being into school means not being into knowledge. Nothing could be more untrue. I skipped school all the way through, but what was I doing as often as not during the time I was meant to be there? - Sitting in my room, reading on subjects not taught at school and at higher levels than were available at school. Or, much of the time, wandering around and travelling and meeting people out of curiosity and drive to understand the world by being in it and interacting with it.

I think your criticisms of extraverts are very deeply mistaken and show much more about you, your prejudices and deeply egocentric worldview, than they do about anyone else. Sorry.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

I don't get this thread at all

Are you saying all ESTPs are egocentric?

Cut to the point already