User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Hmm... well, I suppose it could be the opposite if you define strength and endurance differently than I did. I'm not sure what the common definitions are.

I assumed that strength measured how much a single "burst" or push could accomplish, and endurance measured how long you could sustain activity.

Basically, I thought that strength relied on doing everything in that initial burst, while endurance relied on being able to sustain activity longer.

I know very little about this kind of thing, to be honest. I just looked them up on Wikipedia.
    Oh its okay, we are all entitled to our own opinion, so I cannot argue because we are both right!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Sis is good for moving the perimeter around. I'm good for locking down and securing the perimeter once it's established.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Because if you end up sick, crippled, or dead as a result of the erroneous belief that you are somehow above the laws of nature, you're no longer strong on any account.
    What does that have to do with being a J? Do you hate uncertainty and uinpredictability in life?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    What does that have to do with being a J? Do you hate uncertainty and uinpredictability in life?
    Only everything. As a J, I evaluate potential long-term effects of the stupid crap I might do to myself. I do not stay up all night drinking or slack on physical activity or eat garbage because I have judged that, with 30 or 40 years left on this planet, it would not be a wise choice. This is something that Ps, especially young Ps, don't seem to be able to grasp. Young and middle-aged Js realize that one day, with any luck, they'll be old and life is incredibly painful for those individuals who are stuck living in a broken body.

As far as uncertainty goes, I don't hate it at all. It's a fact of life. I prefer to minimize risk to whatever extent I can and not indulge in things that I know will yield little if any positive result, but may put me at great risk. Uncertainty is a given, but stupidity needn't be. Perhaps you don't really know your Js as well as you think you do.

Only everything. As a J, I evaluate potential long-term effects of the stupid crap I might do to myself. I do not stay up all night drinking or slack on physical activity or eat garbage because I have judged that, with 30 or 40 years left on this planet, it would not be a wise choice. This is something that Ps, especially young Ps, don't seem to be able to grasp. Young and middle-aged Js realize that one day, with any luck, they'll be old and life is incredibly painful for those individuals who are stuck living in a broken body.
    What does that have to being a P? Being a P means being a slacker and doing self-destructive things to your life, is that what you are saying? You might be also assuming most Ps are couch potatoes and never leave their home?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    What does that have to being a P? Being a P means being a slacker and doing self-destructive things to your life, is that what you are saying? You might be also assuming most Ps are couch potatoes and never leave their home?
    See the original post, you seem to have lost your way. I'm not assuming anything, just going with the evidence presented at the beginning of the thread.

EDIT: Alcohol isn't a food group, and being drunk doesn't really count as physical activity.

Why bother mentioning if it has nothing to do with being Ps.

One day, I might be too lazy to breath also. Thats what being a P is all about.

Then I can watch Rangler take over the world with his mega Te.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ....because they can go to bed drunken from Monday till Friday, only sleep 3 hours and still excel in university and their job ?
    This is why my oh-so-astute friend. It seems you've forgotten what the original question was. A fellow P made the claim above, I simply responded by pointing out that this approach to life is quite costly over the long haul. What one does today cannot be used as evidence of strength if those activities shorten his existence significantly or diminish his capacity to function in the world (in the way that these activities do). I was only pointing out the obvious. You asked a question, I answered. If you'd like me to sugar coat my replies so they're more palatable I'll ask you to defer to my MBTI type. I'm not in the business of telling people what they want to hear. If you'd like to continue this conversation you're welcome to contact me privately, but I've said all I need to say to you here.

Alright.
    So how do you not waste away your life.
    Time passes even when you are being productive, unless you can stop the flow of time.
    Does it mean I have to work constantly and follow a schedule to be a J?

And what is work?
    Even if I am doing nothing, my mind is still thinking about ideas? Isn't that kind of like worl.

If by stronger you mean they will suffocate us in our own living space with their clutter, sure! xD
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke