• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A survey for all types

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
1.) What is your MBTI type?

ENTP/INTJ, depending on my present focus.

2.) If you ever thought you were a different type, explain why.

My MBTI is often related to my performance offline. When stressed, I generally revert to INTJ. When life is less demanding, ENTP.

3.) What are your parents? (better question)

Dad - ENTJ
Mom - ISTJ

4.) What is your enneagram type (if known)?

I dislike the Enneagram formula. The definitions seem too exclusive to be holistically useful. That said, I primarily end up with 5 or 1 as my primary, 8 and 9 as secondary. How these terms fold into action is less valuable to me.

5.) What types are you attracted for for friendship and why?

Friendship? Typically, I gravitate towards NTs, with specific emphasis on the INTx. My effervescence is often well-received, and our sense of humor is often approximate.

6.) What types are you attracted to for romantic relations and why?

My serious romantic partnerships have been with xNFJs. I admire their social conscious and dance well with their tiered perspective of the world.

7.) What types do you generally enjoy working with and why?

I'm not picky, as long as responsibility is shared and accountability transparent.

8.) What does your room/house look like?

I'm very tidy. One of my formative J qualities is a meticulous attention to detail. I often clean for fun.

9.) How imaginative do you consider yourself and what are you typically imaginative about?

I'm very creative. I enjoy deconstructing human behavior into individual components, then reassembling as a means to forecast. A predisposition to psychological 'reverse engineering', if you like.

11.) What other types can you relate to well?

xxTP; xxFJ; xxTJ

12.) What are you satisfied about in life?

The act of life itself. Everything else is secondary.

13.) What do you want to do as a career/what are you currently doing as a career?

Corporate Trainer. I enjoy it. It's not terribly important: It's just what I do to make money.

1. What do you when you get stressed to get unstressed?

I rarely experience stress. I contingency plan.

2. What advice would you give to the majority of people that would make life easier for them? (Try to be somewhat specific)

Seek happiness in simplicity.

Find happiness everywhere. Life is happiness.

Laugh as much as you can. Remain open to possibility.

3. How would you describe your "social role" in your group of friends?

I'm often the "entertainer" and/or actively facilitate conversation. I enjoy exploring multiple perspectives, and try to keep interaction lively.

4. When presented with a (somewhat challenging) problem, how do you solve it?

I deconstruct the problem into constituent units and try to appreciate each part on both an intimate and global level. Helps to understand the elemental forces that initially brokered the problem, while balancing their collective expression.

I'd recommend this approach to others.

5. Do you have pets? If so, what n' how many? AND, how do you treat your pets?

I have two cats. They're great.

6. What's one thing that really annoys you in other people, and why?

I dislike ideologues. I dislike 'pop' thinkers who parrot easy opinion. I find special vitriol in close-minded certainty. Prideful ignorance is easily my greatest enemy in others; always remain open to possibility.

7. Left or Right?

Unimportant, so long as the initiative isn't lost in the process

8. How do you have fun?

Finding joy in absurdity

9. Do you consider your inner world structured, and if so, how? Basically, describe your inner world (or die!).

My inner world is noise. Synchronized analysis alongside melodic spontaneity. I hate polemic adherence to decaying routine, so I try to update my register whenever appropriate.

10. How does music affect your emotional state? Do you listen to specific music in certain moods, is it especially nostalgic for you, etc. Do you consider music as having a personal meaning assigned by you, or a universal meaning that you figure out?

Music is wonderful. I incorporate color and smell as a means to enhance my enjoyment. I can't begin to fully offer the importance of music in my life.

11. How annoyed are you at the positioning of my post, and the work-in-progressness of it?

I'm not, though my interest is waning...

12. What are your "secret desires"?

They're a secret.

13. How do think people view you when they first meet you?

Warm; ethusiastic; comprehensive; unpretentious

14. What do you feel about introverts, and why?

I don't have an opinion. Seems a silly baseline to develop an impression against.

15. What do you feel about extr(a/o)verts, and why?

See above.

16. What do perceive are the differences between male and females of your type?

Gender.

17. How annoyed are you at the vagueness of my questions?

I'm not. However, they're becoming increasingly wooden/derivative and are incrementally failing to hold my interest. Very Myspace-y.

18. What is the most common misconception people have of you?

See above.

19. What is the biggest thing about yourself that you hate?

My inability to conceal annoyance.

20. What is the biggest thing about yourself that you love?

See above.

21. What questions would you ask for this?

Less questions, more meat.

24. How and why did you pick the avatar that you did?

It's Tom Selleck...

26. How do you generally meet new friends?

They begin as strangers.

27. What are some of your most important values?

Knowing when to quit.

29. What are your mornings generally like?
25. YO EAGLE IMA BEAT YOU
23. Would you date Costrin?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, I didn't see the "what are your parents" question. My mom's an ESFJ, my dad was an ISTP with Asperger Syndrome, I was raised by them both up to the age of about 13, when they divorced and I lived with my mom and ISTP step dad.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure does. It knows what happened to the waves when they tried to give me shit.

/Canute

LOL!

May I admire your mighty skillZ? :D

/Attila

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
1.) What is your MBTI type? INTP
2.) If you ever thought you were a different type, explain why. No.
3.) What are your percents? Are they on a 0-100% scale or 50-100% scale? The MBTI practitioner mentioned the results were more defined than any he'd ever seen before, but I have since forgotten the percentages.
4.) What is your enneagram type (if known)? 5-4, or 5-6, can't remember which.
5.) What types are you attracted for for friendship and why? INTJ, and to a lesser extent ISTJ and INFJ.
6.) What types are you attracted to for romantic relations and why? INFJ, ENFP. There have been others, but I have to go with the ones confirmed.
7.) What types do you generally enjoy working with and why? INTJ and possibly INTP.
8.) What does your room/house look like? The furniture is angled 45 degrees to the line of the walls to create easy access to front and back of electronics.
9.) How imaginative do you consider yourself and what are you typically imaginative about? Space, time and fictional realities.
10.) What can you relate to about your type descriptions? Need for alone time, lack of emotional basis for decisions, unwillingness to accept absolutes, questioning the validity of rules, laws and the value of expert opinion.
11.) What other types can you relate to well? All of them for short periods, INTJ being ideal for extended periods.
12.) What are you satisfied about in life? Most everything.
13.) What do you want to do as a career/what are you currently doing as a career? Continue writing fictions/data analysis and writing fictions.

1. What do you when you get stressed to get unstressed? Seek solitude to write, read, or just rest.
2. What advice would you give to the majority of people that would make life easier for them? (Try to be somewhat specific) Accept responsibility for your problems.
3. How would you describe your "social role" in your group of friends? Devil's advocate.
4. When presented with a (somewhat challenging) problem, how do you solve it? Determine what is necessary to solve it and whether it's in my control or requires others - if mine, do it - if others, how to plant the idea so they will implement the idea without adding new arguments against the solution.
5. Do you have pets? If so, what n' how many? AND, how do you treat your pets? Yes, one cat, treated as a welcome guest.
6. What's one thing that really annoys you in other people, and why? Sharing secrets is a big one - no, I don't want to know, and no, I don't appreciate that you're going to tell me anyway. This includes claiming to want advice or solutions when they really want endorsement or support for what they feel.
7. Left or Right? Balance is better.
8. How do you have fun? Motorcycling outdoors, and writing or reading, anywhere.
9. Do you consider your inner world structured, and if so, how? Basically, describe your inner world (or die!). Structured, with flexibility.
10. How does music affect your emotional state? Do you listen to specific music in certain moods, is it especially nostalgic for you, etc. Do you consider music as having a personal meaning assigned by you, or a universal meaning that you figure out? One thing life needs is themed music - mine would be mostly classical, with an occasional journey into other genres.
11. How annoyed are you at the positioning of my post, and the work-in-progressness of it? Answering is easy, waiting for anything to come of the answers will likely cause mild irritation before being forgotten (ten to twenty minutes should do it.)
12. What are your "secret desires"? Multitudes gather and cannot be defined.
13. How do think people view you when they first meet you? Depends on who, what, where, when and why.
14. What do you feel about introverts, and why? Non-intrusive, what's not to like?
15. What do you feel about extr(a/o)verts, and why? Soul sucking parasites, but you have to love some of them, sometimes.
16. What do perceive are the differences between male and females of your type? I've read there are differences, but lacking empirical data I have no way of knowing whether true, or not.
17. How annoyed are you at the vagueness of my questions? Vague answers for vague questions.
18. What is the most common misconception people have of you? That I lack empathy for their troubles.
19. What is the biggest thing about yourself that you hate? Lack of initiative in those things that should matter to me.
20. What is the biggest thing about yourself that you love? Lack of remorse for the lack of initiative.
21. What questions would you ask for this? There are already more than enough questions here.
22. What is one thing that people don't know about you? No one knows much, but if they all got together they would discover there are no secrets, but only those things I didn't volunteer. So what do you want to know?
23. Would you date Costrin? It would be rather a rather awkward evening, so I have to ask, whose paying?
24. How and why did you pick the avatar that you did? It's one of my attempts to recreate the art of Vaughn Bode' - I think this one is slightly skeptical of everything, but probably willing to consider the implications.
25. YO EAGLE IMA BEAT YOU - Uhuh.
26. How do you generally meet new friends? Usually when I realize a specific person has been there for awhile and they're proving to have some interesting observations or opinions.
27. What are some of your most important values? Honesty, loyalty, personal responsibility, self-discipline, and knowing a truth often differs from the truth.
28. (Speculative extension of probable realities?)
29. What are your mornings generally like? Welcome solitude in darkness, unless the cat needs feeding.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
So Costrin and BlackCat, where are my results?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
BlackCat's questions:

1.) What is your MBTI type? ...ESTJ

2.) If you ever thought you were a different type, explain why. ...A few months ago I started to second-guess my extraversion. Then I realized that extraversion isn't about socializing or anything.

3.) What are your percents? Are they on a 0-100% scale or 50-100% scale? ...On a 0-100% scale, as of today (and these aren't my usual percentages): 67%E, 75%S, 50%T, 67%J.

4.) What is your enneagram type (if known)? ...I took the test once, didn't get a result that sounded like me, thought it was too much work to figure out the system/decided that I liked MBTI better, and quit.

5.) What types are you attracted for for friendship and why? ...I can make friends with pretty much any type as long as they like me and I like them.

6.) What types are you attracted to for romantic relations and why? ...I like FJs, because they balance me out. I sometimes think that the best man for me would be an xxFJ.

7.) What types do you generally enjoy working with and why? ...I like to work with people who are fairly focused and actually care about getting the work done. Honestly, this could be any type.

8.) What does your room/house look like? It varies between stacks-on-floor-here-and-there to horrendous-mess, and changes between the two on weekends when I actually have time to power clean.

9.) How imaginative do you consider yourself and what are you typically imaginative about? ...I'm not sure how imaginative I am. Whenever I've tried to write fiction, it's been fairly generic, so I don't think I have that sort of creativity. However, I'm pretty good at finding new uses for things, or figuring out how to adjust things so they work better. So I guess I'm imaginative in a practical sense.

10.) What can you relate to about your type descriptions? ...Pretty much everything. I generally trust authority, I enforce the rules, I can be bossy sometimes, I am very uncomfortable lying. I REALLY relate to the ESTJ need for things to be FINISHED. Also, everything about ESTJ Si and freakishly detailed memory.

11.) What other types can you relate to well? ...I really relate to INTPs for the same reason that I admire them - their brutal honesty. I've also been able to relate well with every single other SJ I've met. I don't really get ENTPs or ENFPs, though... but then again, I haven't known too many.

12.) What are you satisfied about in life? ...I have friends, a roof over my head, a family that loves me. I enjoy what I do. I'm generally happy. That's pretty satisfying to me.

13.) What do you want to do as a career/what are you currently doing as a career? ...No comment.

Costrin's questions:

1. What do you when you get stressed to get unstressed? If there are people around, I tell them what I'm stressed about, and see what they say (it's usually reassuring). If there's no one around, I write myself a list - a battle plan, if you will. If I'm not stressed about something that I have to do, but instead I'm stressed about something that I have no control over, I try and do something relaxing like knitting or watching TV or listening to music, or something that takes a lot of focus.

2. What advice would you give to the majority of people that would make life easier for them? (Try to be somewhat specific) ...This might sound stupid, but keep a planner! I've known quite a few people whose lives would have gone in much better directions if they'd actually known what was going on from day to day. Also, take a moment every day and think about how lucky you are. If it helps, watch/read about what's going on in the world.

3. How would you describe your "social role" in your group of friends? ...I'm not sure if I have a role. I guess I'm the one with all the jokes, movie references and one-liners. On a good day, I'm also the rational one, the one that (hopefully... maybe this is wishful thinking, but...) everyone goes to when they need a second opinion, or some advice. More realistically, I'm the one that remembers EVERYTHING.

4. When presented with a (somewhat challenging) problem, how do you solve it? ...I sit down and stare at it. If I'm working in a group, I say to my team: "So now let's summarize the problem... Now, I personally would go at it from this direction, but what do you guys think?" If I'm working alone, I read it and re-read it (or just think it over for a while) until something comes to me.

5. Do you have pets? If so, what n' how many? AND, how do you treat your pets? ...I have two cats. I pat them a lot, and sometimes play with them with a laser pointer or something. One of them has arthritis, so she doesn't play that much (but she loves belly rubs, which I give her often), and the other likes to provoke me when she wants to play, so I chase her around and provoke her back. I talk to them both a lot, and since they're part siamese, they talk back. I treat them like they're my kids.

6. What's one thing that really annoys you in other people, and why? ...There are two things that if people do them, I can't ever like being around them: Firstly, if they smile constantly but have no sense of humor. It's so incredibly insincere! Secondly, if they are compulsive liars. I don't want to have to second-guess people's honesty all the time. If I can't trust you, I don't want to be your friend.

7. Left or Right? ...Right, I suppose. I don't know.

8. How do you have fun? ...I dunno. I shop, sometimes. I ride my bike. I hang out with friends. On a really good day, I go to a party (but those are rare). I watch a movie, or listen to CDs, or do mindless junk on the internet. Nothing special, really.

9. Do you consider your inner world structured, and if so, how? Basically, describe your inner world. ...Jeez, this question might be a little too abstract for me. My inner world...hm... I guess I don't think it's very structured. I feel like my inner world is a dark closet that I sometimes open blindly, throw things into, and shut without looking inside. (As a result, I'm not very in touch with my feelings, or the things that have happened to me that hurt or traumatized me.) Sometimes I run into that dark closet and slam the door, so I can fume or wallow in self-pity. There might be other things, but I'm not sure how to put them into words. OH WAIT. If by "inner world" you mean "how I think", then my inner world is incredibly structured. I have specific beliefs and morals, and very specific experiences that I base my judgments on. Besides that, just look at an ESTJ description and you'll see what the rest of my inner world looks like. (as much as would be reasonable.)

10. How does music affect your emotional state? Do you listen to specific music in certain moods, is it especially nostalgic for you, etc. Do you consider music as having a personal meaning assigned by you, or a universal meaning that you figure out? ...I usually think of music very literally. It's got one meaning and I need to find it. If it's too open-ended, I don't think about the words, and I just listen to the chords, etc. I DO listen to different music depending on my mood. I listen to loud music when I'm upset, and quiet music (preferably with guitars) when I need to relax. Nostalgia wouldn't be a word I'd use when talking about music I like, though. It's not the specific experiences that do it. It's just the fact that this particular song has been with me for so many years, and followed me wherever I've been. I know it, and it's a part of me. Do you know what I mean? (EDIT: Like T-Man, I'm a musician, and when I hear pieces I've played before, I get nostalgic and relive memories.)

11. How annoyed are you at the positioning of my post, and the work-in-progressness of it? ...Being a J, myself, I kind of wish that somebody would put ALL the up-to-date versions of the questions in the very first post, so that everyone wouldn't be doing different question sets. But that's just me.

12. What are your "secret desires"? ...I want love. I want romance. I want happiness. But are those really "secret"? I feel like most people want that, so isn't it implied, in a way? In short, I don't think I have secret desires.

13. How do think people view you when they first meet you? ...They think I'm shy, generally, unless they meet me when I'm in a group of friends, or they're introduced to me through a friend. When I'm shoved into a group of people I don't know, I'm usually not too good at socializing with everyone at first. (That's what being raised by two Ixxx-types does to you!)

14. What do you feel about introverts, and why? ...I like them, unless they're REALLY introverted, and won't really talk to me. Then I start rambling to try and compensate, and that isn't fun for either of us. (Edit: Generally, though, most of my friends are introverts... though they're of the sort that act like extraverts around friends.)

15. What do you feel about extr(a/o)verts, and why? ...I like them if they listen to what I have to say. I know a few Exxx types where when they talk to me, it's like they're talking AT me and not WITH me. Conversation is a give and take process, and I like E types who understand that.

16. What do perceive are the differences between male and females of your type? ...I've honestly never met (irl) another female ESTJ. But if they're like me, they'll be... well, "masculine" isn't the right word... I guess it's that they'll be a little less caring about gender norms. And a little less understanding of girls. But still feminine. Also, aggressive. The ESTJ guys I've met are pretty similar. However, ESTJs are a REALLY, REALLY varied bunch, so we won't really have much in common.

17. How annoyed are you at the vagueness of my questions? ...Kind of. I feel dumb for not quite understanding some of them. Could they be a little more S-friendly?

18. What is the most common misconception people have of you? ...They think that I wear my heart on my sleeve. For the most part I do, but they don't know about what I get sad about, because I keep it to myself.

19. What is the biggest thing about yourself that you hate? ...Either my lack of awareness of feelings in any form, or my difficulty going from the friendly-acquaintance phase to the friend phase of a person-to-person relationship. I can be too cautious there, and sometimes I feel alone because of it.

20. What is the biggest thing about yourself that you love? ...I love whatever I do that people like. People like my sense of humor and my soft marshmallow center (when it shows), so I like those aspects of me. Also, I really like that I'm trustworthy.

22. What is one thing that people don't know about you? ...They don't know that I really care. I don't always find good ways to show it, but I care about people. I do.

24. How and why did you pick the avatar that you did ...I love Wallace and Gromit, Gromit is funny/charming/awesome/badass, and I love to knit. That's about it, really.

26. How do you generally meet new friends? ...Friends introduce me to them, or I'm forced into a new situation and meet new people, or anything else, really. It's a pretty irregular process.

27. What are some of your most important values? ...Be honest, don't steal, don't violate people's trust, don't be mean... just the basic things. The golden rule is my basic value.

Last edited:

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To start this process we have decided to do a survey. We need you guys to answer this, just to get some raw information to start.

INFp

INTJ - its what I most closly resemble in a work environment
INFJ - my T/J diferentiation is highly variable and I have traits of both INFP and INFJ.
INTP - when I strat to doubt my Fness.
ENxP - when I look at extroversion from the point of interactign with and effecting the world/environment rather than from the point of view of how extroversion applies to other humans.

3.) What are your percents? Are they on a 0-100% scale or 50-100% scale?
Estimates
I/E - 80/20
N/S - 95/05
F/T - 60/40
P/J - 51/49

Most probable - 4w5
Alternative possibility - 5w4

Faily much any other xNxx types, but I suspect most of my friends are NTs of some sort with a few other NFs and possibly a few SPs through shared activites and interests.

NTs tend to have a lot fo shared interests and are easy to talk to about normal geek stuff
NFs give me people to talk to about things more deep and meaningful
SPs tend to be fun to be around and lighten the mood of the environment

From a theoretical view, an ENFP would seem like a great match to draw me out of my introversiona dn encourage me to do more fun things, but from a more practical view, INFxs seem to be the best matches for seeming like a natual relationship and feeling comfortable discussing shared interests and values at greater depth.

NTs. Generaly easy to get along with and understand and usualy have some shared interests to talk about.

I may be highly introverted, but being surrounded mostly by STPs and SFJs (which I find to be a common mix in most non-tech environments) gives me nobody to talk to about anythign that interests me which does get to me after a while.

An organized mess :)

9.) How imaginative do you consider yourself and what are you typically imaginative about?

Probably above average

Imagining what could be (possibilites and alternate ways of seeing things)
Combining existing things to make something new
Problem solving (and finding new problems to solve)

10.) What can you relate to about your type descriptions?

(from various sources with some paraphrasing and soem exact quotes)

Externaly reserved but internaly emotional.
Curious, quick to see possibilities
I seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential
I am value oriented
My values and the things that are important to me often feel outside the mainstream
I’m too private to push my values on to other people, but I am convinced that one ought to be congruent in their own life if they are going to expect congruence from others.
I worry about my own incongruities, inconsistencies, and contradictions.
My thoughts need to be connected with some person or value.
I like to discuss or write things because I seem to have a lot in my head and I’ve got to get it out.
I like to have my own ideas, hear others ideas, and have ideas challenged, bantering back and forth.
Motivation comes when something has real meaning or value for me

INFJ and INTP, and most of the time INTJ, ENFP, and ENTP

That I have not sacrificed integrity for personal gain.

13.) What do you want to do as a career/what are you currently doing as a career?[/QUOTE]

Current - Office work
Would like to eventually - something to do with psychology, sociology, cultural anthropology or environmental sciences.

It depends on the source of the stress and if I have any capability to fix it. If it is from a human source which is a position of authority I will bottle it up and try to walk it off or something like that to release the stress and in some cases where I am in a dark mood, I will fantasize about karmis justice being inflicted on the perpetrator of the stress. If it is from a peer, I will try to resolve it through conversation when it feels apropriate to bring up the topic for discussion. If it is caused by an environmental variable, I will either try to ignore it or if its something important.serious try to fix it if its within my power and ability to do so. If its something serious I have no control over, I try to adapt as needed and hope it goes away or corrects itself soon, when it does not, it does wear on me over time and probably has subconscious impact beyond ym complete understanding.

As a general reaction to stress which I can not mitigate, there are several ways I deal with it. Writing is often cathartic for me and that often helps. If its not something serious enough to write about, reading books, watching TV or movies and playing games usually is good for taking my mind off the original cause.

2. What advice would you give to the majority of people that would make life easier for them? (Try to be somewhat specific)

Find whats truly important to you and give it proper weight in your decision making and long term planning. ie, if wealth is just a means to an end and offers no true fulfillment, figure out what you want the wealth for and focus your attention on that and work backwards from it (you may find wealth is still a nescessity to the goal, but understanding your true goal will help keep things in perspective as well as motivate you to take the steps you need for your true goal).

Observer and ocasional comentator and/or questioner.

Try to understand the various aspects of the problem and how they interact. Create a rough (usually mental) diagram or flowchart and experiment with tweaking variables and seeing what changes those make and evnetually gainign enough understanding of the proble/situation to know what changes to make to get a desirable result.

No pets - like cats but have none.

Imposition of their will on others. This usually occurs when one assumes whats right for them is whats right for others and it shows a clear disregard for the individuality of others as well as a narrow minded authoritarianism without regard for the consequences that resistance to their will will bring.

7. Left or Right?

Left

8. How do you have fun?

Games, books, TV and movies.

9. Do you consider your inner world structured, and if so, how? Basically, describe your inner world (or die!).

I'm not sure if structured would be the right way to describe it, but I tend to dwell on an idea until I reach an internal conclusion about it that I am satisfied with and once it is established, it may be refined and minor adsjutments made. Lots of those ideas form the framework or structures that my inner world is based on. They are sort of the laws that I hold myself to when exploring my inner world of imagination, but the actual environment I am exploring is probably more random and/or situational.

10. How does music affect your emotional state? Do you listen to specific music in certain moods, is it especially nostalgic for you, etc. Do you consider music as having a personal meaning assigned by you, or a universal meaning that you figure out?

I often choose music based on my mood to either support or try to change my existing mood. The lyrics are whats important most of the time when I am choosing something for a specific purpose. When I am doing that, I want somethign that either supports my mood or somethign that inspires me.

Music as a generality is not particularly nostalgic, but certain songs certainly can and do get meanign attached to them over the years. Sometimes its specific to events tied to listening to the song, and sometimes its more of what the song symbolizes through lyrics and/or social context.

I believe that most songs have a specific meaning to their composer, but it is up to the listener to find a meanign of their own in the lyrics of the song. When possible, I find it very interesting to hear the author's interpertation and compare it to what I got out of listening the song.

11. How annoyed are you at the positioning of my post, and the work-in-progressness of it?

I followed a link to find it and read it in context of that link and appeneded response to the question that linked to it. its positioning did not cross my mind until you mentioned it. Work in progress and its location just means I probably won't notice if/when it gets appended, so whats there is what I respond to.

If I had such desires and spoke of them they would no longer be secret now would they? If I have them, I think they are mostly buried in my subconscious, but not so secret desires would include redesigning cities to be pedestrian and bicycle friendly (have sperate transportation infrastructure above and below ground that lead to the same places to keep pedestrians and cycelists safe from automobiles) and drastically restructuring/rethinking the education and employment/economic systems of the world.

Calm, cold, aloof, distant, reserved etc...

Easier to get along with to begin with, but also takes a lot more time to understand and get to know. In gneral, being one, I'm naturally more comofrtable with them as a whole than extroverts.

A good extrovert that I have things in common with can be great for drawing my "out of my shell" and they can be inspiring catalysts for change - espeicaly the vocal ones that say when I'm thinking wihtou regard for the reprecussions of their words. :) An extrovert that I have nothing in common with is a mild form of torture listenign to them blab on and on about stuff I either don't care about. An authoriatain extrovert is one of the worst types I can imagine spendign time around - even if they have a lot of values in common, the way they interact with others makes em cringe, and if I oppose their values, its one of the few things that can case an intense feeling of hatred in me.

I think/suspect that male INFPs are less able to accept and embrace or live true to type in youth so we try to find acceptable sacrifices to make to blend in and be accepted (or at least not picked on as much) whereas a female INFP might be a little out of place among her peers, but there would still be the Fi/Fe conflict of whats expected of them vs true self, so they would also need to resolve the issue in some way, but I think it would be different. My hypothesis is that male INFPs tend to look more like INTPs or possibly even ISTPs to society and take on some of those traints and female INFPs are closer to true INFPs but have to struggle with self and society to maintain it.

A few were mildly annoying, but nothing serious.

That I'm a robot (if they don't see my emotional side) or romulan (if they see my ruthless machivelian dark side - which often comes out in board gaming) or something like that :)

My lack of ambition - I'm not sure if I'd say I hate it, but I do see it as a major flaw that I can think of lots of grandiose ideas, goals and plans and seldom have the motivation to act on them.

My imagination. It gives me someplace to spend most of my time. :)

Choose a real or fictional character of each gender that you feel represnets a good role model for people to be more like (it does not matter if it reflects your type or not).

Male - Socrates
Female - Rachel Maddow

22. What is one thing that people don't know about you?

My emotional side (very seldom shown in public).

I am not available, so no.

In a hypothetical world, compatible gender and age would be requirements, but in the few Costrin posts I've read I don't see immediate incompatibility but I don't know enough about Costrin to give a good answer in even a hopothetical world.

I see it as symbolic of tranquility and serenity with a darker reflective aspect to it, so it seems appropriate for the name I chose.

Perhaps. I lack comprehension of the question to give a better response, but if you assert it with such confidence, it seems reasonable to give you the benfit of the doubt, but I must inform you that it does seem misdirected and if its imprtant to you, you probbaly want to make sure your intended recipient gets the message and not me.

Through a shared common interest (usually gaming).

Seeking to understand oneself.
Being true to self
Having desire to understand (and taking action to gain understanding)before speaking or acting
Originality
Ingenuity/Cleverness/Resoucefulness

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me, silence is also something I value fom time to time.

Weekdays
Wake up, get ready for work, consume mornign sustinance, goto work.

Weekends
Sleep in til I'm actually awake. Figure out what I'm in the mood to spend my mroning doing and spend the rest of the mornign doing that til I'm either done or want to do somethign else.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1

ESFJ

There are times I've wondered if I'm an ISFJ simply because at times I need "down time" by myself. However, the portrait of an ESFJ fits me more accurately, and I think the "I" comes into place when I feel a responsibility to something such as home or when I just get so tired that I'm forced to rest.

3.) What are your parents? (better question)

I think my mom is an INFJ and my dad was an INTP.

I don't know what that is, really. :cheese:

ISxx's. Introverts fascinate me, and I like being able to relate to other Sensors.

Either ISTP's or ISFP's.

I can work with most types, although it is harder for me to work with other SJ's because we can both be anal about different things and totally convinced our way is right.

Fairly tidy. I get depressed if things are really messy, but the level of tidiness tends to depend on how much time I have to spend at home since I am often active in socializing outside the home.

I'm somewhat imaginative. I do have a creative and artistic eye and have made a living as a graphic designer. My sense of humor tends to be random and imaginative. Other than that, I'm not really. I tend to stick with what I know.

ISFJ's. I really relate to other Sensors and Feelers.

The people in it and the purpose I find in it.

13.) What do you want to do as a career/what are you currently doing as a career?

I work as a graphic designer and administrative assistant at a residential facility for abused and/or neglected children.

Go out and do something with other people or get out and do something where I physically exert myself (hike, run a few miles, mow the lawn).

Live outside of yourself and spend time doing things that benefit other people...that brings a lot of joy and can take the focus off of personal frustrations. Surround yourself with people that bring out the best in you.

The planner. I'm the one who organizes get-togethers.

Try things that experience has taught me will be likely to work. Seek help from outside sources if I run out of ideas.

No pets at the moment. I don't have time for one...when I do have one I tend to give it a lot of care.

Irresponsibility. Disrespect for others' feelings.

7. Left or Right?

I'm always right. :D

8. How do you have fun?

Doing things with other people and knowing I've helped to make them happy. Helping someone. Playing hard.

My inner world is constantly analyzing. Analyzing other people's feelings, analyzing my life and motives and what should be done differently, analyzing my priorities.

For me, music is all about what I can relate to emotionally. I will generally listen to whatever suits my emotional mood at the time. Often, music feels extremely personal to me.

Um.

I don't have many, but the few I have wouldn't be a secret if I told them. ;)

Confident, friendly, sweet, sometimes a bit quirky

I love them. They're a challenge to figure out.

I generally like them, and love running around with them being goofy.

16. What do you perceive are the differences between male and females of your type?

I don't know if I've ever known any male ESFJ's.

A little.

People who don't know me real well sometimes think I'm laid back. That's totally not true. I only appear laid back because most of the time I would rather cater to someone else's preferences than my own.

How hard it is to keep my emotions in check, and how hard it is to hide my emotions when I don't want them to be seen. I tend to try to hide them in order to keep people from getting hurt, and then they finally erupt like Mt. Vesuvius. :shock:

My ability to be supportive of other people. This has allowed others to believe me to be a good friend, family member, and employee.

I don't see a need to make this any longer. :cheese:

It's from a web-show called "Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog." I like it because it's geeky and hilarious. Not many people know about it, so it's fun wondering if anyone will get the connection.

Social groups.

Kindness, goodness, respect, unselfishness

What are your mornings generally like?
On the weekdays: get up, get ready, go to work, drink coffee.
On Saturdays: catch a bit of extra sleep, get up and work around the house, go out in the evening.
On Sundays: get up and get ready, go to church

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTP

Tested as an INTP. Felt very withdrawn, insecure, and depressed.

Weak E, healthy N, weaker T, strong P (tested as an 84, 87, something like that)

ENFP, INTP, ENTJ

INTP, ENFP, ENTP. Really, NP.

NPs.

Messy.

Very and everything.

Wicked Ne. Indecisiveness. Fun.

NPs.

Varies.

Professor, I think.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
ISTP
N/A
Moderate I, mid range (75%) S, high T & P
5 or 7, I don't remember/know for sure.
I can tell you what I'm not attracted to - mean people, getting frustrated/upset easily, lots of gossip. Otherwise I'd be friends with anyone really. Type? Dunno.

Most of my friends in 'the group' are ESFP and ESTPs, with a ESFJ, ENFJ, and ENTJ thrown in for good measure. I never thought about it but I realize now I'm the lone introvert. Huh.

Friendly, upbeat. Hardworking but not pushy or "anal." Smart.

ENFP, ENFJ, ESFP are the ones that I seem to get involved with.
Pitch in, come up with ideas, don't complain a lot and be at least non-hostile and I will like working with you.

Artisans, ENTP, ENTJ, NFs are fun otherwise but I'm not good working with them.
When younger I had BLANK white walls with generally large piles of clothing and trash around.

I decorated with wall hangings, art (improvised out of old maps, album jackets, even a cool bicycle frame), some plants. Messy desk and bookshelf, needs to be cleaned up. Scattered remains of old projects.

When clean, really comfortable.
Moderately. Mostly in implementing a solution to a problem.
Importance of developing Se. Independent style.
I don't know what you're asking. Of people I've typed and then took a test, I was accurate in all but one. I know little about INTPs, INFPs, ISFJs, and INTJs.
You can learn new skills to solve problems if you're motivated to do so.
In college (actually, taking year off). I might go into skilled trade - I really enjoy it more, but I'm just not sure what I'd like to do (hence, year off). With the recent trend of HS pushing everyone to go to college, there is less well educated/motivated competition in skilled trade. I would rise to the level of foreman (running 40 man team) in less than 3 years if I became a plumber for instance (and have awesome job security), and could be making 6-figures if I pursued an automotive technician job at a luxury company like Audi.

If I go to college, I dunno what I'd like to do. Design? Architecture?

If you can't tell - this is on my mind lately.
---------------------------

Costrin's

Note the stress and implement a solution to fix it. Or, concentrate on breathing, meditation style.
Control your problems or they will control you. If you over react to a problem, it won't help you. If you under react to a problem, it won't help you. React appropriately and you will be happiest.
The *sometimes* quiet free spirit.
Basically the scientific method, or I just skip the hypothesis part, do some research, and start running experiments.
It usually takes me more time to decide WHAT I want then HOW I want to go about getting it.

Costrin, you should note that I see most problems in those terms, what and how, instead of why.
Family dog and cat. Meh. I'm nice to them.
Dunno.
7. Left or Right?
Is this a test?
8. How do you have fun?
Outdoors, music, fantasy.
Honestly, I don't know what this means. I think about stuff in terms of language and images.

I had my first real lucid dream the other day and I realized that the inside of my head is a weird, weird place.
Personal meaning.
Huh?
They are secret.
Situational dependency in effect but either "he seems animated" or "he seems quiet."
and
I rarely think in these terms when around people, so I don't have anything to say on this. This is a situation where being an extremist (either way) makes one difficult to get along with, or maybe I say that because I'm 60-65% I.

I've recognized only one female ISTP IRL, need larger sample size.
Stereotyped response: the females are seen as tomboys.
Somewhat.
?
?
I fix stuff.
Less disjointed ones.
I might hold an affinity for you in a certain area/realm that will be nearly invisible in another one. Context dependent. Unless you're someone special.
no
I wanted something outdoorsy, elk are cool. I cropped it and boosted the saturation/gamma/contrast to make it show up better as a small image
New activity.
Golden rule.
You forgot one, like, omg I'm such a great S.

Yech too many questions.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP

INTP

Still think i might be an ENTP. Not sure. Definatly always been INTP but seem to be becoming ENTP.

no idea. I think my T was very high. My function results were Ti Ne Ni so high intuition i guess. Not overly P.

5w4 not w6 at all good 7 and 8

Well my 2 best mates are ISTP and ESFP. The ISTP i great at times but can be overly cocky and a bit boring and depressive at times. Gets really ESTP asshole -ish. ESFP, love the guy to bits. Really entertaining. He can be a bit ENFP at times which is great and he can be suprisingly smart. Took me ages of hanging about with him at school untill we clicked. one week in summer where all our mates where gone (including the ISTP who is both are best mates) we ended up hanging about out of boredom and had an amazing week. Never a dull moment. And his familly were away on holiday so i just stayed at his.

I want to meet some ENTP and INTJ as well. One guy i think was ENTP i vaguely knew was great except he was sort of my rival in maths and was excedingly cocky and as ENTP go not very funny so i never got to know him well.

Eh, not sure. Not very experienced in this area. I think ENFx. Most girls have talk to me first so being a social retard they kinda have to be ExFx and unless there smart i'll just ignore them so more commonly N as Ns fit with my idea of smart.

TPs are cool. lots of fun. Any one not overly strict and disciplined. Or socially controlling.

Blue with space shapes on the walls in silver. I got it painted when i was 11 and its not changed. Lots of stuff on shelves. Everythings somewhere but not really anywhere specific. Like books on that shelf but in no order at all.

Extremely. Everything. I like to put my self in situations in my head. Like JJ my avatar i think what i would do in the situations he gets in skins. Also pictures. I doodle all over the place. I love to write riffs as well or chord sequances. or think of games and stories. Especially jokes and funny but philisophical stories.

The lonerism of an INTP. The inside your head and the observer part of an INTP. Also the being delibritly weird and absent minded all the time so when i am genuinly like that no one try to stop me.

ENTP. INTJ. ISTP.

Not much right now as i just missed my school talent show and last year prom which looked awsome to go to the funeral of a grandad i barely knew.

I got the main part in the school musical though! Guys and Dolls! I'm very proud of that as i had acted before the audition!

On a bigger scale i'm not sure. I'm at that stage in life where i'm just waiting for shit. Waiting for exams, to do a gap year hopefully or go to uni.
I should probably get off my ass and get a job but i haven't bee bothered to yet.

Something math related. or science. Want to do Maths and the Philosophy and Logic of Science at the University of St Andrews.

[/QUOTE]

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP

Listen to Linkin Park loudly. Works wonders. Also play guitar and walk (or run).

Relax. Stop caring so much. And just do stuff for the hell of it. I need to take that advice myself.

The smart ass. And the organizer as there all SPs! Just generally the smart one. And recently the funny and mad one.

Think about it. Sometimes experiment randomly. Just play with it.

Nope. My familly have a cat and two rabbit oh and fish. It took be 4 and 9 weeks to notice the rabbits and fish. The cat i hate because it leaves hairs all over the PC chair.
I can barely stand humans never mind less intelligent things like animals!
Cats might grow on me.

Fussyness especially in language. The point of language is to communicate a point so as long as you have understood the point why does it matter that i didn't say the fucking T!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Also people who continuinly try to talk to you when your being unresponsive. Take the hint at this moment in time i am not in a talkitive mood. Yes i like and yes i will hapily talk to you for hours later when i am in the mood but right now no.

Also when people talk about when your around to draw you into conversation.

7. Left or Right?

Right. Handed and political. Mind you living in the UK being right wing probably means just being centre to all lot of people. I want to train myself into amberdexity as well. be useful for music and just to do crazy things like circus skills.

8. How do you have fun?

I think or do crazy random stuff. Going to bed and just thinking is great. No wonder i'm always so tired since it takes about 2 hours min to stop thinking.
Crazy stuff is cool as well.

Eh. Well yeah. I have loads of shit in my head. Its not so much structured but its definatly rich. There shitloads of stuff in there.

Its about the only way i get emotional. Every good song has an interesting emotional and/or philosophical point to make. It causes me to think emotionally. Which is normally scary but in music its strangely relaxings and interestings.

Not at all. work-in-progressness is good as then i can answer more refined questions later and compare later answers and shit.

Eh. Most aren't secret. To be more understood by a few people. Sexual desires. To be funny and witty. To achieve something.

Quiet. Shy. Unsure. Honest. Cruel at times? Hopefully funny as i like being funny.

I like them as long as they don't relay on me at all. I can't stand people who need sheperded as sometimes Introverts do but the more self confident but quiet ones are amazing as they don't take silence as a negative thing like a lot of people do.

There good as long as they don't socially manipulate. I hate being overpowered by people. /but extraverts never really need helped at all which i like.

Never met a female INTP so no idea. Their extremely rare are they not?

No it lets me got off topic more and explore the questions. Also it means everyones answers are more different and funny as they are percieved differently.

That i know what i want and how to get it. I think even i have that misconception of myself a lot. I think i do but i rarely do.

Also that i have no emotions. Sometimes things hurt me and no one notices including me. And when i do i don't know what to do about it. I might not notice emotions as much but i still do and when i do i don't know what to do.

indecisiveness. I can't choose and stick with a decision.

My wit. Its annoying because i can only be funny when i don't try but when i start to be funny i start trying.

What are your strongest functions. Like mine are Ti Ne Ni. I don't have any Te. Why is that? how is it related to being an INTP?

The real answer to this question.

No.

JJs my favourite character in skins my favourite show. He is kinda like me and he is so funny at times.

Watch skins its the best show ever!

Don't beat eagles there cool.

Eh they talk to me because i'm alone and don't know anybody.

Or because there new and i'm not so having been in their situation i make the effort to say hi!

Truth. Honesty. Saying what you think.

Yeah whites a cool colour i prefer silver though.

I'm normally dead. Untill i wake up fully i'm a zombie. Then i'm full of excitement. Sometimes i just stay zombie.

Like your INTP profile btw costrin!!!!!!!!

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
INFP

INTP: Just because I make stupid mistakes where I come across as abrasive / rude to people. My reaction to these situations, however, proves to me very much that I am an F.

I: 85%
N: 80%
F: 35%
P: 90%

9, with a 1 wing.

None in particular. I get on well with most types.

Again, this is a hard question to answer. MBTI type is not something that draws me to someone.

Most SJs can be nice to work with, because they're very much able to get things done. SPs add a nice bit of spontaneity and are very friendly, so I like working with them too. I find it hard to work with EXFJs sometimes, because they have this nasty habit of being very demanding without realizing it, and I don't like standing up to people.

Clothes litter the floor, there is a Sprite bottle full of water, and it generally looks like a giant tornado just came through here.

I'm somewhat imaginative. I have a running narrative in my head, and I place myself in it sometimes when I'm bored. It's fun in there!

I relate only basically to my type description. I much prefer to just take the functions as they are; Introverted Feeling means that I have values and care, really care, about what people close to me think about me. Extraverted Intuition gives me the ability to see new possibilities, and probably makes me come across as weird to more stable people.

INTP

I like my life in general. Nothing really stands out here; there's always room for improvement, and saying that you're satisfied means that you are happy with where you are; I want to keep improving in all areas of my life.

I am currently a resident advisor at Ohio State. I plan on being a counselor of some sort.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So I decided to actually read some of these responses.

I must say that the responses to questions 17, 23, 25 and 28 are the best.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For BlackCat:

INfP, I guess.

Well, I thought I was INTP for a long time, and I usually test as INTP, but I've been recovering from a really bad time in my life, and now I'm starting to think I'm INFP. Depression usually messes things like that up.

Well today I am: I-95 N-100 F-58 P-79 (on a 100% scale).

4w5...I think.

I like SPs a lot. They're just really fun and help me relax. All my SP friends are the friends with the least amount of bullshit. It's pretty awesome.

Usually introverts. I feel like they are less intimidating. Lately I've felt pulled toward NFs for some reason. I'm barely an F so I think it would be okay. :newwink:

Ps. They're usually more laid back. Strong Js stress me out sometimes.

It's a mess, but not disgusting.

I'm always thinking up new dances or songs in my head. Or making up stories...even though I don't write. haha

I remember reading one type description that said INFPs' primary concern is finding their meaning in life, and finding a way to help humanity. YES. I am also a good listener, thoughtful, considerate, a perfectionist, yet laid-back, and I prefer getting along with people over conflict. haha

BUT I am not overly sensitive and I actually like logic.

I relate to other introverts a lot better. I know that a lot of people are into the whole N vs. S thing, but I don't really have a problem with that.

I have a hard time saying it sometimes, but I truly am blessed. I can feel God making changes in my life, and that's exciting.

I'm a Japanese major, and I want to teach English in Japan for a few years after I graduate. After that, I'm not sure.

For Costrin:

Complain and bitch and moan.

2. What advice would you give to the majority of people that would make life easier for them?

Chill out. Serve other people.

I'm the quiet one. I can go for hours just sitting and listening to people, but I'll throw in a hilarious random comment once in a while. I'm also the major confidant (which is cool, but can get exhausting).

I pray about it, and then think about my various options. I try to go with what is both logical AND what feels right. I also ask for advice if applicable.

I have 2 doggies and 3 kitties. I like to play with them, but not take care of them. That's what moms are for. :yes:

Do I really only get to pick one? Dishonesty is number 1, closely followed by extreme arrogance.

7. Left or Right?

Both? I'm right-handed but I do a lot of other things with my left.

8. How do you have fun?

Conversation, driving around, listening to music, dancing, playing video games, reading, watching mindless television.

Uh, no. Not structured at all. So unstructured that it is hard to describe. I guess I will have to die.

I usually listen to music that fits my current mood. Listening to music that doesn't fit my mood can get irritating. However, if I'm feeling pretty neutral, the music I'm listening to can affect my mood.

It's cool.

I want to get married really bad and have kids. I'm kind of embarrassed to tell anyone in real life about it because I'm 21 and I've never even had a boyfriend.

People think I'm really shy and quiet. They're right.

:wubbie:

They're sometimes hard for me to get along with, but it totally depends on the individual. The extroverts who really don't get introverts (and don't even make an attempt to understand) are the ones that are hard to keep up with. But most extroverts are super awesome.

Since I'm borderline T/F, it's kind of hard to answer. Guys are expected to be thinkers, girls are expected to be feelers, blah blah blah. I guess I don't have a better answer than that right now.

...too...much...thinking...jk. I'm doing alright.

People never know when I'm serious, or when I'm being sarcastic...apparently I'm hard to read. People also misread my facial expressions and the things I say all the time... :doh:

Well, I wish I was more extroverted. I feel like that would make my life a lot better.

I've gone through so many things and I still try to do my best. Sometimes I feel like my family members cop out and use our sucky circumstances as an excuse.

I really don't know.

It's hard to explain...I feel like my outward appearance doesn't match up with my personality very well. So I feel like there's this strange disconnect between my mind and my body, and that it affects the way I relate to others. I don't really get it myself...so I haven't really told anyone about it.

I already posted in that thread.

pictures for sad children. I suggest you check it out.

That's not nice. :nono:

Through other friends. I am lazy.

I try to love others. I think that's the most important one.

STOP MESSING WITH MY MIND COSTRIN!!!

I hate mornings and usually want to kill myself until I get caffeine into my system.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Trying this one more time. Someone keeps interrupting me when I try to answer the Costrin Q part.

Talk to a friend, surf the net, read... something low-key.

Don't be afraid to articulate what you want/need. Don't be afraid to achieve it. And don't be afraid after you get it. (I'm still working on all these things.)

Comic relief.

I just do. And then I spend time trying to nail down why it's the right solution.

One awesome chihuahua named Bolero. She's my baby. :wubbie:

Hypocrisy.

7. Left or Right?

Always left, though I'm right-handed. Leftish is the way to go.

8. How do you have fun?

Nothing specific. I always have fun. I find amusement in even the most unfun things. I derive enjoyment from the absurd.

Definitely not structured. Random and chaotic, even. I tend to take stock of patterns. Mostly, I have a sense of humor about everything.

Music is very important to me deeply personal. I listen to certain music when I'm in a particular mood. Also, certain music can cause a particular mood in me. I have a constant soundtrack in my head.

I don't care one bit.

Nothing secret. Happiness, success, love. Pretty common stuff I guess. Also desperate to be on a game show, but even that's not very secret.

Nice? I hope so, anyway.

Uh, depends on the introvert? The only problem I've had with "introverts" as a group is that sometimes I mistake their introversion for dislike of me. That's my own issue, though. Not theirs.

Again, depends on the extrovert. Sometimes, I wish uber-extroverts would just stfu for a couple of minutes. Again, my problem. Not theirs.

I don't. More than just about any other type, ENTPs don't seem to give a damn about traditional gender roles. I'm an ENTP female, but I exhibit some typically "male" behaviors. For example, I swear like a sailor, am sexually assertive, and am rather ambitious. Though these may be "male" traits, they're mine. All ENTPs I know have them and are like this.

I don't care. I'm basically answering whatever I want anyway.

On the forum, some people think I'm mean, cold, and/or a J. This is so far from me it's crazy.

Indecisiveness, lack of willpower, and default laziness. And I'd like to have a good body, which has something to do with said lack of willpower and laziness.

I have a good sense of humor, and I'm smart. And in the worst of crises, I keep my head on straight. I'm good to have around when things are really, really bad.

Any of Chuck Klosterman's 23.

I'm dating someone from the forum.

No. See #22.

Flight of the Conchords is hilarious. Mel is fantastic.

I cannot advocate violence.

Depends. I don't have trouble making acquaintances. But I make very, very few lifelong friends. Mostly through school.

I value my family, education, free speech (I know it sounds hokey, and I don't care), and being left alone.

Hmm, I'd have to disagree with this point. Good argument, though.

I hit snooze a lot. Then I throw on clothes and make it to wherever I'm going either 15 minutes early or 15 minutes late.

wolfy

awsm

ISFP

ISTP for a while. Why? I'm not as nice as a lot of the ISFP descriptions make out and a lot of my hobbies/interests fall into ISTP territory. Feedback from people around me also tended towards T.

ISF are in the middle. P is 95%.

9w8

I tend to hang around with people who are doing the same thing as me. Work, sports etc. Good friends I have are ISTP, ISFP I think. All five of them.

ESFJ, ENFP, ESFP, I think I'm attracted to extroverts and F maybe because they balance me out communication wise. And more importantly they give me something to do.

I enjoy working with anyone as long as they don't interfere with my work. Everybody has their place.

Clean and messy. Functional and aesthetic. I prefer a minimalist approach.

I'm imaginative I think. Making up games and activities, joking around, Imagining how things could look in my environment. Thinking how things could work better. Imagining how things connect.

Most of it.

All SP, NTP, SFJ.

Everything but cash flow.

I want to do more of what I am doing now. Working in the gym. I also want to develop my Japanese skills and work in the sports and sports science industry later as a translator/interpretor.

Move around. Work, physical work, train.

2. What advice would you give to the majority of people that would make life easier for them?
(Try to be somewhat specific)

Know your strengths, be honest with yourself, work to your strengths.

Provides ideas of what to do, behind the scenes entertainer.

Think about it a lot, use some problem solving tool/technique, ask people, forget about it and wait for the answer.

No

Bossiness

7. Left or Right?

Both

8. How do you have fun?

I don't know I just do. There is some fun sitting there and I take it.

9. Do you consider your inner world structured, and if so, how? Basically, describe your inner
world (or die!).

It's not structured. I reflect on things that come up and respond to them or I simply respond if I have already thought about it ...I guess. Just like I'm doing now.

Some songs that I've linked to periods in my life make me nostalgic. Generally music either winds me up or does nothing to my state. Only Johnny Cash can make me sad.

I don't care. It's all a work in progress.

To finish this quickly. Also to be a famous creative genius.

Easy going

It's can be hard to get a hold of where to push and to get a feel for the other person. I like balance. Give and take.

They can be too much. I like balance. Give and take.

I only know female ISFP online. A couple of them went off the deep end. The guys seem to be a little more 'hard' I guess

I like it. I can give vague answers in return.

What conceptions do people have of me? I don't know.

I find it difficult to set my own personal objectives.

I can make interesting things happen for people in my life.

I don't know...I want to finish now.

Nothing

No, I'd hook you up with a friend though.

I like cars. Most of my old ones were artists I like.

good on ya mate

Through activities, work etc

to build a strong family, to be productive and creative, to be strong

when is the ISFP description going to be done. I'm looking forward to it

(work in progress)

*shrugs* I eat breakfast and drink two cups of very strong coffee

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finally got around to answering Costrin's questions:

Many different things, some of which are ill-advised and actually worsen my stress. The things which do work are:

Spending quiet time on my own.
Sleep.
Self-hypnosis/meditation.
Spending time outdoors, observing the environment.
Physical exercise or activity.

A lot depends on the causes and nature of the stress. Like most INFJs, I get stressed quite easily, so I have learned a number of different coping techniques.

Laughter is the best medicine ever invented. Life is often absurd and a good sense of humour is essential. Look around: the happiest people don't seem to take themselves very seriously.

The counsellor/adviser/sage. I have a head full of trivia and "wise sayings", so friends contact me for obscure tidbits of information, or for some advice on their current dilemmas. I'm a good listener and I like to help people feel better about themselves and their lives. In tribal societies, I would have been the shaman.

Depends on the amount of time available. If it's urgent, I'll rely on gut instinct or my experience. Given more time, I'll study it carefully to absorb the relevant facts. If it's outside my experience or current knowledge, I'll do some research and reading around the problem. Then I'll hand it over to my Intuition and do something else instead, that stops me from consciously thinking about the problem. My intuition will come up with a solution anytime from a few minutes to several days later, depending on the difficulty of the problem. Usually, a good night's sleep is sufficient. Even if it's not a complete solution, I'll gain some useful insights which will help.

Two cats (brother and sister Russian Blue pedigrees) - and one dog - an elderly toy poodle we look after for my partner's mother, who is now in a rest home. I treat them as part of my family, without losing sight of the fact that they are animals and have their own individual needs.

Bullying. I detest it in all of its forms, from physical aggression to intellectual superiority to workplace politics. As for why, among other reasons, I believe that after thousands of years of so-called civilisation, we should know better than to attempt to dominate other people to compensate for our own weaknesses (and bullies are always weak in some way). I do not tolerate attempts by others to bully me and try to to stand up for others who are being bullied.

7. Left or Right?

Right. I prefer to be right!

8. How do you have fun?

Anything that makes me laugh. Watching good TV or movies. Sharing good times with other people. Travelling to new places. Listening to music/dancing/singing. Playing games.

Loosely structured. There are many different areas inside - some of them familiar and civilised, others dangerous and chaotic, many I’ve yet to explore. My inner world is infinite and ever-fascinating, a swirling kaleidoscope of alternate universes and a place where magic is possible. Specific enough for you?

My emotional state is strongly affected by music. I choose specific music according to the mood I wish to experience, in other words I use it to alter my moods. I always have music playing inside my head and have a personal musical library of thousands of tunes. Music is both personal and universal, I couldn’t begin to distinguish where one starts and the other ends.

It’s probably deliberate - I’m sure you have your reasons, and I don’t find it annoying.

If I revealed them here, they would no longer be secret! However, I will say this: I desire to know secrets.

Friendly, polite, maybe a little eccentric.

We rock! Introverts start out at a disadvantage in our hyper-yang modern Western society, but if we survive all the noise and chaos with our sanity intact, then we become a force to be reckoned with once we’ve gained experience and maturity.

Very loud and busy. Can drain my batteries very rapidly, but I need them to help me navigate and understand the Extraverted world we have to live in. They start to suffer more at mid-life (poor things) and need us introverts to help them through it!

I don’t know enough INFJs to comment. I imagine that superficially, INFJ women may find it easier to fit in, since they present a more typically “feminine” exterior than do males.

What’s this concern you’ve got with annoying people? I assume you deliberately chose vague questions to allow for the widest possible range of responses. If you want me to be annoyed, I can be - Grrrr! Argghhh! - see!

That I am a Thinking type. I have a high IQ (for what that’s worth) and work in an intellectually demanding job (forensic scientist), so it’s a natural mistake to make.

Thinking types enjoy a good old argument (they call it “debating”) but I prefer harmony and agreement. This use to stress me out a lot, but I’ve now developed my auxiliary Fe to the point where I can use it to influence and persuade others, in lieu of arguing my case.

I have a lot of inertia (OK, laziness) to overcome before I can get started most days. Also I can get so caught up in my inner world that I sometimes neglect my real-world responsibilities, such as paying bills on time or remembering appointments.

My intuition, without a doubt. Until I discovered MBTI, I never had a name for my dominant introverted intuition, but it’s always been there for me. All I have to do is remember to pay attention and listen for its advice and suggestions, and my life tends to go the way it is meant to. Among other things, my Ni gives me a kind of “danger sense”, which has actually saved my life a few times. I always check with it before boarding an aircraft - if it “pinged” a strong sense of danger at me, then I would not board the plane.

It would take me quite a while to come up with a list I was satisfied with. All I can say is that my questions would not be the same as yours.

I used to have a Saturday job at a telephone dating agency.

Yes, if he cut his hair short!

My current avatar is Professor Pat Pending from the old Wacky Races cartoon. My avatars always seem to reflect the processes/archetypes which are most active in my life. At the moment, I am using my Thinking functions more than usual. The Prof represents my child-like tertiary Ti.

Is that some kind of secret code? Do I win a prize if I crack it?

Either at work or through other friends. Also, I have quite a few good internet buddies I have never actually met in person.

In order of priority:

Compassion
Curiosity
Courage

28 is the number of the house where my best friend used to live in the street I grew up in. His mother and mine are still best friends even though they now live some distance apart. In numerology, 28 reduces as follows: 2+8=10, 1+0=1. The notation for this is 28/10/1. I have absolutely no idea what that means, but I’m sure you can surf the net to find out more.

Mornings are the bane of my life. I don’t do mornings, at least not without copious quantities of caffeine. Morning people are quite scary - how can they be so chirpy and active when I’m still feeling so sleepy and sluggish?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

listen to music, watch or listen to something funny, talk to cool people, play games

"Don't wish for a better day. Be glad and use the one you're in." -- Rebecca St. James

I don't really have a group of friends right now, but my "social role" has usually been the entertainer who picks his spots.

Think of what has worked before in a similar situation, otherwise just trial and error

No.

People making assumptions and generalizations all the time instead of getting to know people as individuals.

7. Left or Right?

Right.

8. How do you have fun?

I listen to music, watch movies, drive in the country, dink around on the internet, play with my son, go out to eat, make up goofy songs, do audio editing, write reviews of tv shows, make music charts, go to baseball games, go to theme parks, write stuff, chat with people, and of course, fill out surveys. :D

No, and what? What is my inner world? We're all gonna die eventually, so you don't scare me!

It makes me feel kinda funny. Like when we used to climb the rope in gym class. Yes and yes.

Not at all.

Bougal, scantilyclad, Tallulah, kyuuei, Sunshine, Lookin4theBestNU, beyondaurora, Luna, prplchknz, nightning, Colors, Mempy, Jen, Ivy, Hmm, LadyJaye, shortnsweet, Warm, Sunny, Firelie, Haphazard, TinyArmy, FemmeUrbane, Cenomite...errrrrr...sorry I guess none of those are really secret. :blush:

It seems to be totally dependent on the situation. I am an unintentional chameleon.

Some cool, some not. Same as the Es. It's cool that we're not all up in your face.

See #14. Sometimes I want somebody up in my face. Preferably a hot chick.

This is a toughy, because I don't know who I've known in real life is my type. Going by this forum, where there is a pretty small sample of ISFPs, the males seem a bit more easy-going and not as easily offended, maybe a little more open-minded. For instance, female ISFPs here have started topics complaining about sensor bias and asking how could anyone be a Republican, whereas I haven't seen any male ISFPs start any divisive topics like that. But then, all my topics are awesome, so it sorta skews things. I dunno.

Only slightly. Because I understand you are trying to gather info for profiles, so some of it has to be vague I guess.

That I don't care whether I'm invited or included in activities. It is true that my life goes on either way, but I enjoy being part of things a lot of the time, and I feel happy when I am asked, even if I ultimately end up not participating.

My bad habits.

My adaptability.

Are you a hot female? If so, will you send me pics and/or video of yourself?

I can be quite superstitious, especially related to the outcomes of sports events.

No, he's a bit too mannish.

The first one I picked for this site was a big juicy cheeseburger, I picked it because it makes an instant impression. My current one I picked because I was looking for something blue and hot to represent my Gauntlet team.

I dunno, Eagle may be quiet but he may be quite tough.

Through work or online, or someone introduces me to them.

Love God, love your neighbor, try to be the best father I can be. Oh, and those new mini sirloin burgers from Jack in the Box.

Your mama's so fat, whenever she puts on a yellow dress, people yell "TAXI!"

(work in progress)

Wow, you answered the question for me! ;)

I think I will be lazy and paste in a post from another thread. (in fact it's the second time I've re-used it, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of this post.):

Speaking of mornings, that's when the tactics begin at my place. More often than not, I wake up late and have immediate decisions to make about how much time I have to get ready for work and get my son to school, and have to decide in what order do I do these tasks to try to make both of us as on time as possible. Some days I realize I can still get Morgan to school in time for breakfast, so I focus entirely on crowbarring him out of bed and staying on him, badgering him hard until he's dressed and ready, I just throw on some pants and my shoes and whatever shirt I slept in, and then I drive him to school and drop him off before coming back home to jump in the shower and get myself ready. Sometimes I end up late anyway, but at least one of us was on time. Other days I realize I'm not going to get him there in time for breakfast so I let him take a little more time to get going in his unhurrying style and focus on getting myself ready so I get him breakfast on the go, get him there just a couple minutes late and get myself to work on time because I'm ready to go straight from the school to my office.

Once I get to the office, I have to scan my surroundings, check what stacks of paperwork I've been given, where and what I left off on the previous day and what I need to start doing before the phone calls start coming in. The phone calls themselves are another opportunity for tactics, as I've got to catch on to the scammers, decide whether a call for the owners or GMs is legit or just sales call, take sales numbers from the managers, get the managers who need to perform tasks on their store computers to take care of those, pay attention to whether the tasks I'm having my computer take care of are working properly, all the while not losing track of the work I started doing before the phone rang and be able to pick up where I left off or decide that work needs to be set aside to deal with a different problem or task that has arisen and needs a solution now.

In addition to that, I'll add that I usually have a pure protein bar for breakfast, at which time I take my blood pressure and heart rate medications and my multivitamin. Then I have a morning snack of a smoothie or almonds or a packaged meat snack around 2 hours after breakfast.