• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Function

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
All you MBTI scholars.
An exercise of wit and glory.

basketball
building a lego town (according to the model)
building a lego town (without a model)
gossiping with a neighbour
hunting birds
feeding birds
watching birds
torturing animals
playing chess
playing poker
understanding a foreign language
robbing a bank
selling nothing, off Wall Street

Do not bother to handle it all. You cannot.
Concentrate in one function, or in one question. ;)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
basketball SeFi ? but who cares ... i choose F over T, because F seems to be more rounded, but ask braintypes.com
building a lego town (according to the model) FiNe (or Se instead of Ne, doesn't matter, the emphasis is on Fi anyway)
building a lego town (without a model) NiFe (or Si instead of Ni, doesn't matter, except for the style of the town, T or F doesn't matter either, but trial n error is the Fe-equivalent of Te's more theoretical if-else foresight)
gossiping with a neighbour FeSi SeFi SiFe FiSe
hunting birds ??? fucking looser.
feeding birds NeFi SiFe (or NiTe if over 70 years old)
watching birds FiNe FiSe
torturing animals NiTe ? i mean, depends on why, but if there is curiosity about disassembling and reverse engineering live, then ... this is for little boys anyway, so its not about moral developement, i mean this aspect is not type related, but the curiosity is.
playing chess TiNe
playing poker NeTi ftw (or SiFe jennifer tilly style)
understanding a foreign language FeNi
robbing a bank SiTe

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think they are all theoretically explainable by nearly all the functions...its part of why function theory is unfalsifiable, suffers from confirmation bias etc...

for example someone could SeFi basketball by knowing just that "it tends to go 'better' if i go stand right here" or SeTi "logically if im here, then he has to do ____ etc" or NeJi "im know the standard limits of what could possibly happen on this court, i will now exercise creativity within that, and intuit where people are going to be before i look to pass" or someone could be Te(Ni)Se {Te-Se axis} playing based on some rules that he has intuited out of observing the best basketball players....

it goes on and on and on.... thats why typing based on behavior can be REALLY difficult.

however, ill continue based on the best stereotypes i can muster:

All you MBTI scholars.

basketball - Se or Ne (depending on ur style of play)
building a lego town (according to the model) Te-Se axis or TeSi
building a lego town (without a model) SeJi or NeJi (depending on either "trial and error" style or 'imagine it, then build it' style)
gossiping with a neighbour Fe-Se axis or FeSi
hunting birds Te or Se
feeding birds Fe or Fi
watching birds Se
torturing animals Se
playing chess either Te/Ti or Ni/Ne (could be either intuitive style, or logic based)
playing poker Ti/Te, Fe (for bluffing)
understanding a foreign language Ne > Fe > Fi > Ti > (Te to a much lesser extent)
robbing a bank Se or Te
selling nothing, off Wall Street Se

ygolo

My termites win
All you MBTI scholars.

basketball
hunting birds
feeding birds
watching birds
torturing animals
playing chess
playing poker
robbing a bank

None of these have a function associated with them. Which functions are used depends on the approach used. But I can tell you what I use.

basketball -mostly Ti and some Ne and Se I am always trying to see the next spot I need to be. How to place my body to block out a defender. Watching the hips of the person I'm defending to indicate which direction he'll go, etc

building a lego town (according to the model) -If I am going to follow them, I read all the instructions before I start. Try to visualize what the finished product will look like, notice if there is anything that seems out of place, etc. Reread directions to clarify. I then procede to build step-by-step, rereading as I go. For me this is mostly Ni, and Si, and some Ti and Te.

building a lego town (without a model) - This is just play. Trying out all sorts of combinations to see what I like. Mostly Ne with some Fi and Ti.

gossiping with a neighbour - I don't like gossip much, and am usually just listening and taking note of relavent facts. This is mostly Si, with minimal Fe to let the neighbor know I'm listening.

hunting birds - never done it.

feeding birds - I don't see this as particularly engaging any functions. Some cuiriosity in what the birds are doing as they react to being fed. Taking note of behavior and paterns. Si and Ne for me.

watching birds - Ne, Se and Ti with some Si I am just taking in what I see both the sensations and the patterns. In my relaxed state, Ti is always running analyzing what is happening. Some of it I will commit to (a pleasant) memory.

torturing animals - never done it.

playing chess-For me this is Ti, Ne, Ni, and Te. I use all of them a fair amount. I am "modeling" what I believe are "the needs of the position" (Ti), I am on the look-out for tactical "markers" (Ne), I am envisioning what I want to do (Ni), and I am processing the contingencies (Te).

playing poker - I have only played a hand full of times and I suck at poker.

understanding a foreign language - Se, Ne. To be honest. I am not very good at languages. The ones I know are processed almost automatically. I hear or read and process it and am making inferences (that may or may not be sound).

robbing a bank - never done it
selling nothing, off Wall Street -huh?

Edit: I should note that the functions that keep me from ever torturing animals or robbing a bank (so far at least) is a combination of Fi and Fe with a little Ti mixed in to make it a hard and fast rule.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
All you MBTI scholars.

basketball
hunting birds
feeding birds
watching birds
torturing animals
playing chess
playing poker
robbing a bank

basketball Se
building a lego town (according to the model) TiTe
building a lego town (without a model) NeTe or NeTi
gossiping with a neighbour FeSe
hunting birds Se
feeding birds Fi, Si
watching birds Si Fi
torturing animals Se, Te
playing chess Te Ti, for me (Ne)
playing poker ?
understanding a foreign language Se
robbing a bank Ne
selling nothing, off Wall Street Ne

deleted
Good job Babylon Candle.

To wildcat. Some of these aren't functions, but corruption and/or lack of functions. Like torturing animals for instance: corruption of Fi.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
basketball - Se
building a lego town (according to the model) - Si,Te
building a lego town (without a model) - Ne,Te,Fe
gossiping with a neighbour - Si
hunting birds - Se,Ti
feeding birds - Fe,Fi
watching birds - Fi,Se
torturing animals - Ti (probably trying to figure it out)
playing chess - Ni,Ti
playing poker - Se,Ni
understanding a foreign language - Ti
robbing a bank - Ne
selling nothing, off Wall Street - Ni,Ti

IMO