User Tag List

First 1234 Last

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Look at the rainbow.
    The divide is in the middle.
    The divided is not.

On the other hand you may look at the dichotomy of Mendel.
    What comes around goes around.

Preference is not a category.
    I think the issue is the visual X. What lies before is a symbol. People want to know out of two which is most. But I am saying X is more significant to one who is very close to both preferences. One is most, but it doesn't matter because its not "primary." There are four other different preferences. J won't typically describe someone who is 55% J.

Look at the gray.

Is it particularly "black" to anyone? How about "white?" Its it particularly white?

This gray is defined much clearer because its not so dark.

there are two sides to a communication.

as long as people inconsistently confuse NiFe and FiNe all the time, when they refer to people who they know, as being either "infj" or "infp", i will not call myself by any of those two labels, because at least 50% of people will read the opposite (wrong) meaning/associate the opposite (wrong) reference from their experience with me. this includes people who are infx themselves.

so there are only infx

deleted

Personalities are too different, and my advice of these four important personality preferences is to allow X towards this theory.

I know for sure that a so-called INTJ and a so-called INFJ can be more in common than the INTJ is with other INTJs, and INFJ with other INFJs. Why? Because they have a 10 or 20 % difference between their T/F, and the others have a 30+% difference. This relationship is much more common than some would think. They are INXJs because they are the most in common.

And put functions aside for a while. I see INFJs score Fi-Ne all the time, and that doesn't mean they have so much in common with INFPs. If you can't notice this for yourself, I'm just going to tell you: Functions are colored by one's preferences, not the other way around. Classic Ti mistake. It sounds logical to assume functions color preferences, but from pure observation, it's obviously not the case.

MBTI
    INTP

Of course there's no Xs, it's just a shorthand way of saying this letter is undecided. Nobody is going around trying to find out what the introverted and extraverted X functions are. It's also helpful for typing fictional characters that, through undisciplined or homogenised writing, don't have a definite type.

Also, a word of advice, it's nice to space out paragraphs for your readers.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Of course there's no Xs, it's just a shorthand way of saying this letter is undecided. Nobody is going around trying to find out what the introverted and extraverted X functions are. It's also helpful for typing fictional characters that, through undisciplined or homogenised writing, don't have a definite type.

Also, a word of advice, it's nice to space out paragraphs for your readers.
    But this isn't psychological brain testing. There is no knowledge specific to any of the preferences that goes hand in hand. It is like saying the statement "I keep options open and I'm organized" is illogical. Or even "I'm complicated and I like details." Preference theory isn't ruled by statistics!

FYI: X is a symbol that means cross, as in "I'm a cross between introverted and extroverted." It is symmetrical in form.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    If I could pick out just one flaw in the Typology theory, this would be the one. While one letter may determine a certain set of tendencies, the whole of the four letter code is much greater than the sum of its parts. I would suggest to anyone who asserts that they are an INFx that they should analyze further, because it is not possible to dodge categorization. An ENTP who has a structured lifestyle is disciplined, not hybrid. The notion of an IxFJ is paradoxical, and one who claims to belong to this type may identify wholly with both of their Si & Ni dominant cousins, but they will either categorize their information in a concrete grid or they won't. I have drawn this conclusion from my observations.
    When I first found MBTI, I was puzzled at how the ENTP seemed like me in some ways, but worlds apart in others. I tested ENTP time after time, because my Fi prizes clarity of thought. My Fi feels that in regard to decision making, emotions are a fog at their most benign. On this note, I look a bit different from most of the other ENFP's that I come into contact with, but I would never consider myself an ENxP. This is because Ne by itself is an intelligence devoid of any reality until its "brand" is specified. The Ti version of Ne is a very different animal from the Fi version. Only when I realized that my Ne focused on possibilities to improve myself, rather than to improve conditions, was I able to identify with the ENFP camp. There are some very talkative introverts out there, but that doesn't mean that their psychological focus is not predominantly psychic. I don't work the same as an NT by any means, but I consider rationality and intuition the highest forms of intelligence, so in order to be in line with my own values (which an NF must be), I feel at home when I am behaving rationally. I also consider it the greatest sin to feel that any subjective belief should be applied universally, and any belief of mine that doesn't hold up to an objective external standard is immediately abandoned. Thus, my behavior, dictated by these F sentiments, resembles typical "T" behavior in many ways. (Which is not to say that I look like an ENTP, or any T type in particular.) But I could see how others would think that they are between two types, when they are in fact merely an emotional thinker or a practical intuitionist.
    Do you agree or disagree?
    You seem to be an ENFP in the same mold as noigmn.

Is that a problem with the theory? Xs are anomalous. If anything they provide supporting evidence against the theory, (that humans can be categorised according to a discrete set of innate hypothetical functions/cognitive preferences) rather than being a part of it.

X isn't a black hole though. It does tell us something. What that something is, is open to interpretation, much like everything else in MBTI...

Look at the rainbow.
    The divide is in the middle.
    The divided is not.
    Beautifully put.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP

Thanks for the feedback. From my experience with people, I have only noticed P functions coupled with J functions. Do you at least agree that this must be the case in the two dominant functions of any given type? That is, NiSi,Te,Fe would not occur, even if an Ni has strong Si (which I would consider highly unlikely based on how difficult it is for me to use my inferior shadow function Se).

But suppose this INTJ Si is even more honed than his Te- I would still label his functions in order: Ni,Te, Si+Fe,Fi,Se. Some of you may consider this arbitrary, but I believe that even in such an anomalous case a J function MUST be linked with a P function, otherwise the P function (with opposite introversion/extroversion)would be without direction, which seems to me to be fine in theory, but is totally inhuman.

Others of you may think that I cling to the function theory with such faithfulness that I do not allow for the human element. That may be. But I see the merit in functions, but if I cannot understand them within a system that does not bend, then I would abandon them altogether.

But enough about me, what is your take on the second paragraph?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Agree with Wildcat's claim.

What is the point of an arbitrary distinction of being more black than white when both are two very similar shades of gray?

MBTI and any other theory/model is only as good as they can be used to describe reality. Forced categorization is only useful for bureaucracy.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENFP

On the other hand you may look at the dichotomy of Mendel.
    What comes around goes around.
    Would you briefly describe this for me? I am not familliar with this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

MOVED fr NT Rationale.