• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tertiary and Least Functions - What do they mean to you?

deleted
My Se (least function) acts in a detrimental fashion and it is not to hard to notice Se going on around me (as if it were its own element.) In a very Se situation, around many people doing many things (likely the only example I can think of) I feel a negative connotation towards it.

I was beginning to think that ones least function is less detrimental than the tertiary, simply because the tertiary is closer and more noticeable. But I know a lot of people don't see the detriments in their lesser functions, so I'm wondering really what everyone thinks about them according to their personal understanding, which functions you have and how they effect you.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
My Fe is a detriment in that it scares me, so I don't use it enough. My Si is a detriment in that it scares me away from Fe.

imo

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My Si function helps me realize the details of things, let's me be reassured when I see the way things were, etc. My Te saves my tail a lot, and I pretty much use it all the time. It helps me notice logical inconsistencies, the logical consequences of a decision (and not just the emotional ones). The last two generally help a lot, if I were stuck with just my main two then I wouldn't be a very functional person.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
My Si is the function that I use when I feel slightly threatened. Though not at a critical level. It basically makes me value information or data that I've previously been aware of. There's always a slight hesitation when information that's currently presented doesn't corroborate with it. I trust my ability to self check and assess the validity of what I "know" to be true. When things don't mesh I can close off a bit and run a little rationalization loop with the facts as I see them. I'd describe it for me as the basis or foundation where I can manipulate information in a more palatable way for my psyche or stance. It's usually in a retrospective sense although it can come out when I get into an argument or debate. It's like a spinning the facts or bullshitting, either for myself or to influence others.

In the positive sense it can supply me with relevant details or particulars that I didn't think I remembered. Like a constant source of critical information to consider. It's like a self referential cheat sheet. I have a nice solid bedrock for my theories and ideas. Gives me confidence in my judgments.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a little bit of a mechanical streak. For example today I built a fire for the first time and it went superbly! I enjoy building and fixing things which might have to do with my Ti-Se bit. Although I think my Ti combines mostly with Ni deep inside my head. I don't indulge in conclusions based solely on gut feeling, but experience these often. I require that they be tested with reason before action if there is time for that. All else being equal I will rely on the hunch if I have only a few seconds to decide something.

I don't think i have much Si to speak of, so in that regard I am probably not an INFP.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
  • Ni identity, agentic or ascending, i am different from what i can see through. i am a passive advocate of natural process order (growth). this way i can facilitate/restore harmony in the world. i can go to hell, fly over babylon, face the core of samsaric insainty, and remain on top of it.
  • Fe guardian, this saves my live. at cost of vitality, but well ... it positions me in the eye of the storm.
  • Si my open wound, if i don't hold it together, i will bleed to death. i cover this, with cool fashion. hide the sick fat under a costume. eat something good. once it is calm and smooth, i dare to allow myself to be a body, feel real, anchored in reality. i exist too, not only what i see. i play with it for hours, in toys and drawings but i don't want it to become so real, that i can not instantly remove my attention from it. if it became too strong, too real, i could not stay on top of it, by means of subjectivity (introversion), because it is not strong enough, and so it would turn into an Se experience, which removes me from Ni, which would destroy my identity. ironically it's probably my fear of embodiment, that stops me from becoming sha-man.
  • Te my hidden agenda, the knife in my boot, my manliness, the son that kills the father, if it did not feel like a crime in the light of Fe, it would make me the ruler of the table, the knight of natural order. the heart needs to be purified, big heart needs to awaken, the perspective of Fe must grow to allow synchronization, integration of Te, then it will be allowed to be applied.
  • Se hunger for interactive experience. this is repressed, because it makes me loose perspective (self monitoring in the light of natural order, Ni)
  • Ti this is meaningless evil insanity, because it is removed from reality. it can create every impression, that it wants to believe in. the kind of father, that needs to be killed. evil manipulation. evil is the use of power to prevent spiritual growth.
  • Ne my heroe, i wish i had this. show me some freedom. how could i be IN the stream? this is my angel.
  • Fi betrayer, this egotism will get me killed. but i cant stop it from sucking, compensating for Se, eating from the hand that locks me in. the beaten child. it gets the punishment, that is meant for Ti. its between me and Ne.

Last edited:
G

garbage

I have a very strong Te that's there right when I need it. Si is pretty much nonexistent.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my attitudes toward inferior and tertiary functions- Se feels shadowy and i get intimidated, wary, and disdainful of its use. Ti sometimes gets overcharged and i lose touch with Fe and, as a result, the outside world, my actual needs, my sense of participation, etc. it turns me sour but adds the complex touch of fermentation that exaggerated introversion can bring.

I have a little bit of a mechanical streak. For example today I built a fire for the first time and it went superbly! I enjoy building and fixing things which might have to do with my Ti-Se bit. Although I think my Ti combines mostly with Ni deep inside my head. I don't indulge in conclusions based solely on gut feeling, but experience these often. I require that they be tested with reason before action if there is time for that. All else being equal I will rely on the hunch if I have only a few seconds to decide something.

I don't think i have much Si to speak of, so in that regard I am probably not an INFP.

i don't mean to hijack the thread, but your posts stick out to me as being extremely infj. there's only a few infjs on the board whose words i really resonate with, and yours/you are one of them.

also, i agree 100% with the bolded words. i think this is one of the characteristics i really relate to, using Ti to organize a hyper-expansive inwardly driven Ni world. vast virtual environment, infinite interior space, etc. but very plotted out, deconstructed in bits and pieces, stored landmarks, mapped out, and just really really organized as a result.

deleted
  • Ti this is meaningless evil insanity, because it is removed from reality. it can create every impression, that it wants to believe in. the kind of father, that needs to be killed. evil manipulation. evil is the use of power to prevent spiritual growth.

That's very clever of you. I don't see Ti as meaningless though, nor removed from reality. Ti creates reality, imho. Ti is probably one of the more useful functions if you know how it differs from Te. Where Te enables you to use the rules and facts of logic and differentiate ideas with words, Ti is the real understanding of why these rules exist. It is logic. Te is just a relativity of logic (the study of its interactions), however Ti is the logic of relativity, and Te needs Ti to be any effective, visa versa however. I would safely say that inner processes of Ti can not be explained efficiently because there is no connection to words via common thought, but there is a connection to the origins of logic. Extremely misinterpreted by a lot of people. Not evil at all. How could you say such a thing? I wish I had stronger Ti.