• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP/ENFP (Ne induced personality disorders)

sculpting

Just a random thought I have been mulling over.

Ne makes you look eternally outward and become absorbed in the external object.

ENTP=NeTiFe
ENFP=NeFiTe

So imagine in both cases with a dominant Ne, you look to the external world for continual affirmation, either intellectually (Ti) or emotionally (Fi).

For a healthy individual you strengthen the tertiary function and at some point become more self sufficient and stronger and able to be less sensitive to either critisism of your intellectual ideas (Ti) or rejection of your emotional advances (Fi). You become less dependent upon external affirmation of your self worth.

For an unhealthy individual you never develop that tertiary skill and end up profoundly dependent upon Ti/Fi always searching for external confirmation through Ne.

ENTP=Compensetory Narcissistic personality disorder and a lack of Fe, hypersensitive to critisism of thier ideas/they become thier ideas

ENFP=Borderline Personality Disorder and a lack of Te, hypersenstive to rejection of Fi

Both are marked by extreme withdrawal upon any perceived rejection/criticism, being very difficult to "fix", and feelings of hollow, empty nothingness given the lack of an internal compass.

Seems like development of Ni might be the real solution to balance that crazy fucked up Ne.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Ni is not the solution to Ne. The only solution to Ne is to overcome your fear, experience more (Se) and not let your thoughts control your destiny. wrtiing down your thoughts, analyze them,discussing them with people might also help alot.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Logically that would be like bombing back with an atombomb if they throw rockets.

I think more important would be to become healthy.

And thats the tough part

sculpting

oh I think I have this all screwed up anyways. I am going to take a chunk of this down to the Fe in ENTP thread as I need more discussion.

PS I dont actually have a disorder (well I don't think) but I can see traces of behavioral patterns that, if amplified very badly, would exhibit a "borderline" look to them. Same thing w many ENTPs I see and NPD.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just a random thought I have been mulling over.

Ne makes you look eternally outward and become absorbed in the external object.

ENTP=NeTiFe
ENFP=NeFiTe

So imagine in both cases with a dominant Ne, you look to the external world for continual affirmation, either intellectually (Ti) or emotionally (Fi).

For a healthy individual you strengthen the tertiary function and at some point become more self sufficient and stronger and able to be less sensitive to either critisism of your intellectual ideas (Ti) or rejection of your emotional advances (Fi). You become less dependent upon external affirmation of your self worth.

For an unhealthy individual you never develop that tertiary skill and end up profoundly dependent upon Ti/Fi always searching for external confirmation through Ne.

ENTP=Compensetory Narcissistic personality disorder and a lack of Fe, hypersensitive to critisism of thier ideas/they become thier ideas

ENFP=Borderline Personality Disorder and a lack of Te, hypersenstive to rejection of Fi

Both are marked by extreme withdrawal upon any perceived rejection/criticism, being very difficult to "fix", and feelings of hollow, empty nothingness given the lack of an internal compass.

Up until this point, I think you have a valid argument. I don't think the answer to it is Ni, though...You have to become a more balanced person - the problem occurs when the Ne/Ti or Ne/Fi combination overruns everything else.

EXACTLY the same thing happened to a friend of mine who is Ne/Ti (ENTP) - yes, shit, she does practically have NPD! She is so totally convinced of her ideas that she has withdrawn from EVERYTHING else, even her job and her family/friends.

If others even *question* her ideas, she claims it is a total rejection of her "intellectual" principles (she thinks they are TOTALLY right and TOTALLY logical) and breaks off complete contact. It's really, really messed up. She has even used people like hell to achieve her aims, which in my opinion, aren't even logical (talks about mystical beings on the planet, aliens that abduct people) to the point where I had to break off contact.
Really gone off the deep end. Like Ne gone MORE THAN wild!!!

It's too bad because two Ne doms together were like fuel to the fire - we had always had a fun time coming up with ideas, discussing for hours on end, working together like wildfire!!! It was awesome, like a mindmate, two peas in a pod, had a TON of fun together, too!!!

Now we are like strangers because I got worried about her and said, "DUDE, you've sold everything you own to promote this book that is totally crazy!!!! What are you doing??? What are you going to do when you get old??? You've given up all your securities. You look like you have only eaten french fries and haven't slept for days!!! Take care of yourself and stop while you still can!!!" It's like a drug for her, and it's not even a groundbreaking book. :huh: Like, if it were a cure for cancer or a new way to break the speed of light, I'd understand, but shit fire! :shock:

See, *this* is what happens when an Ne/Ti goes completely off the deep end.