User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Default A Paradigm Shift: are some types in fact, better than others?

for example:

In a the recent issue of the Bulletin for Psychological Type (Vol. 29, No.3 2006), one of the authors, Henry Dick Thompson (2006, p. 18), reported on some of his research into EI and Type. One finding I found quite interesting was that of the 5 personality types with the highest overall EQ score, three preferred Feeling and two preferred Thinking. In fact the top 2 were ENTJ and ESTJ ! (followed by ENFJ, ESFP, and ENFP). Of the 5 personality types with the lowest overall EQ score, three were Feeling types and two were Thinking types. And surprisingly, the bottom two were Feeling types: ISFJ and INFP! People looking for a correlation between EQ and Feeling wont find it in Thompsons research! About the only conclusion Thompson seemed willing to risk from this study was it appears that the EQ measures have a bias towards Extraversion.
    1. What possible advantage would there be to being INFP or ISFJ if you lack both logical intelligence AND emotional intelligence?

2. Could it be, that we are wrong to a priori decide that all types are equal? what if certain types are actually just another type "gone wrong"?

for those of you too dense to see it, this thread is partially tongue and cheek ...though i actaully do wonder if its a mistake to a priori decide that all types are equal...what if some types are actually "a mistake"?

there is no moral intelligence, without cognitive intelligence, but there is cognitive intelligence without moral intelligence. this is not type related. there are cognitive-intelligent (and btw rational) feeling types, and there are broken tests for every kind of intelligence or type. history has certainly proven that there are intelligent fieldmarshals with nazi morals. no intelligent discussion has ever come from a thread that deliberately tries to get it wrong from the start. people don't play the devils advocate game very well. for those who actually feel into the moral dimension its just energy draining.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Ha, I am *so* showing this to my INFP boyfriend.

For what it's worth, whenever I take those systematizing vs emotionalizing type tests, I always score very highly on both counts, and I've never really understood that, assuming as I do that being an NT generally means I should score highly on the former and less so on the latter. I always come out looking like a big Asperger's case *and* a big feely feely.

I realize I'm making a lot of assumptions here, and no, I don't think MBTI is the final statement on a person in any way, but it's still interesting.

So in conclusion, yes, ENTJs are the best. And anyone who says I have a personal bias is lying.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

i dont care how emotional intelligence is defined by wikipedia or something, but it "should" be defined as something that must be proven by actual behavior and therefore can hardly be tested. every cognitive intelligent morally retarded nazi person can easily give "all the right answers", most cognitive intelligent feeling types could do that as well, but may make the mistake of being honest.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Before my fellow INFPs get in a huff over this... think about it for a minute.

Wouldn't it actually be pretty cool to be the WORST type out of the 16?

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Before my fellow INFPs get in a huff over this... think about it for a minute.

Wouldn't it actually be pretty cool to be the WORST type out of the 16?
    can i have weapons of massdestruction, then?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

lol, nice .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It's a load of Bullshit in my opinion. Take a large, unbiased surveys and try to get these same results..I bet they'd be different.

It's random, in my opinion. Certain types can't be intellectually inferior? As a specific example, I can think of a few INFPs who are at the top of their classes. I can also think of a few INFPs who are at the bottom, EQ-wise. The trends are being exaggerated to make it appear that this type is superior than this type, when the actual scatter-plot data is probably more rounded and..well..more scattered.

Pretty ignorant to assume that these trends are necessarily true.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Actually one of the worst things about my ISFJ mum. When I was a kid and learnt for a test in school for figuratively spoken 2 weeks, she never understood that I was afterwards in grave need to have a huge party and let it all out.

I would never say she has very few emotions but her EQ sucks bigtime ^^
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

garbage

You didn't quote the whole article.

If feeling doesn't equate to emotional intelligence, then thinking likely doesn't equate to logical intelligence. Therefore, INFPs don't necessarily lack it.

As a feeler, however, my logic behind that statement is probably stupid and wrong.