User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A Paradigm Shift: are some types in fact, better than others?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    But I'm a leader. A leader I say! I always end up in the top position of the groups that I become a part of, without knowing or working towards that goal.

My inner ENJ doesn't appreciate being put into a nice little pink box by MBTI
    Being in a catalyst role is exactly what can make us good leaders, since we can enable others to do their jobs by our innate capabilities and our leadership position. Embrace it!

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Yes, this is what I was thinking of. These are the kind of skills NFs are supposed to have an advantage in as a result of being NFs, and these skills aren't as strictly necessary overall, compared to the sorts of skills other temperaments have an advantage in as a result of being their respective types. But they can be a tremendous relief to people who find themselves in need of encouragement and understanding.
    Yes, other types might have a natural inclination to lead, solve problems, apply critical analysis, and so on. That makes us think that we might not have a place. It so turns out that, as catalysts, have the advantage of fitting in most anywhere and everywhere, in most every possible role. So.. really, we don't have a specific place, and we might not be absolutely necessary, but we sure as hell do help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Before posting in the thread, Toonia had a tuna fish sandwich and a Diet Pepsi, and then talked to her friend about going shopping. Based on this information, Toonia is likely feeling the following:
    • Content
    • Wistful
    • Inquistive
    • Defenestrative
    • Indigestion
    • Even more neutral
    • I don't know
    • It's impossible to determine
    Those questions were so hard on that Eq test. I was like who cares how they felt.

my user title is too shor Array polikujm's Avatar

This is the short answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I believe each and every type is valuable and necessary in its own way.
    None is better or more preferable.
    If we were all the same, we would be in big trouble.
    There is no long answer however.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Those questions were so hard on that Eq test. I was like who cares how they felt.
    Unlike an IQ test, the answers on the EQ test are in some cases completely unverifiable. This is true for the majority of the questions especially those proposing solutions to conflict as "most" or "least" effective. All you can go by is the conventional wisdom on the subject in all the top selling "conflict resolution" types of books.

The most interesting tests I've seen in this direction were the ones posted online here about reading fake or real smiles. However, there can be some problem with verifiability there as well. There could be an original context where the person was made to smile, or were told to give a fake smile, but even then it is only the external environment under the researchers' control. The fake smiling person might have felt silly being asked to do it and therefore had an under-layer of genuineness while the person made to genuinely laugh might have been being polite. There may have been elements to control every layer on that test, but I still wonder.

This test though was largely made up of answers that could not be verified as correct. Still, once you know the value system beneath the test, it was easy enough to ace. I think the answers I missed were not taking the assumption of direct confrontation to its full extent. I should try it a second time and see.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

9w1 sp/sx
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post

A combination of wistful and indigestion can best be described as
    • Bittersweet
    • Anticipation
    • Cautious
    • Nauseastalgia
    • I don't know
    • It's impossible to determine/I don't want to know
    If one had to compare indigestion to a weather condition, what would it be called?

• Sunny
    • Cloudy with a 50% chance of precipitation
    • Cat. 2 Hurricane
    • A tornado that will devastate your toilet but leave everything else untouched.

I can use logic to my will... It's no biggie.
    This is me, but vice-versa. I use my EQ (yes, yes, whatever that means) to my will, but using logic is more automatic/ingrained.

Although I totally agree that EQ tests are verrrry questionable, I do believe that the concept of 'EQ' isn't completely wrongheaded. Some people ARE better with interpersonal relations than others.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker