User Tag List

First 45678 Last

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Yes?
    Nothing you said contradicts Greed's words.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Always happy to clarify, Miss Vegas 1989.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

ow and BY THE FREAKING WAY, since wrangler doesn't seem to get things really fast.
    EQ tests are unscientific bunch of craps more often based on clich social convention and behaviors rather than any ability to read inter and intrapersonal patterns, understand and identify new emerging patterns and/or intermingle and extrapolate and so on.
    so I wasn't responding to that part of the thread because it was just so fucking obvious and didn't needed to be specified.

voila
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    ow and BY THE FREAKING WAY, since wrangler doesn't seem to get things really fast.
    EQ tests are unscientific bunch of craps more often based on clich social convention and behaviors rather than any ability to read inter and intrapersonal patterns, understand and new emerging patterns and or intermingle and extrapolate and so on.
    so I wasn't responding to that part of the thread because it was just so fucking obvious and didn't needed to be specified.

voila
    Well I'm glad EQ is a steaming pile of crap and we can all be so level headed.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Always happy to clarify, Miss Vegas 1989.
    No really. Thank you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

you stole Trinitys avatar !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

EI and Type results:

Top two
    ENTJ
    ESTJ

next three
    ENFJ
    ESFP
    ENFP

Bottom two
    ISFJ
    INFP

With those results, I have to wonder if the EI test is measuring skill at social dominance which requires reading people, but the focus is more on social maneuvering than nuanced empathy. Social dominance is what society values, so it is a reasonable hypothesis. How often is there a useful application for nuanced sensitivity to others when compared with the ability to make a sale, or be voted popular, get the job, the promotion, convince others to implement your ideas, put on the best dinner party or wedding. What does empathy get you in society? Tons of information, but not much with immediate, practical application. Knowing too much detail can make it harder to maneuver in some cases. I'll invent one specific example of this: reading that someone is insecure can give you the advantage socially, but reading that their insecurity was based on being violated during their development can make it harder to use the information. Another person can be coddled to the point of arrogance and feels insecure when their inflated world view doesn't remain consistent. Some people have both dynamics occurring at once, etc. There are thousands of kinds of insecurities and it is difficult to respond to each type at face value when the implications to the person's life can be so varied.

Is there a link to the actual test so we can see what kinds of questions are involved?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Toonia: Emotional Intelligence Test

The scores are suspect, though. I think 2 people in the entire thread scored over 100, which is 'average'. Oh, and look... if you want to find out why you did so horribly just pay some money for the in depth analysis.

Assuming the test itself was legit, though, I noticed it's a blend of emotional intelligence type questions and personal health type questions. I know I hurt my score with a few of my answers (yes, I hold information to myself until I blow up a bit)... and I know that an ENTJ would either answer them differently or lie about it. ()

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Toonia: Emotional Intelligence Test

The scores are suspect, though. I think 2 people in the entire thread scored over 100, which is 'average'. Oh, and look... if you want to find out why you did so horribly just pay some money for the in depth analysis.

Assuming the test itself was legit, though, I noticed it's a blend of emotional intelligence type questions and personal health type questions. I know I hurt my score with a few of my answers (yes, I hold information to myself until I blow up a bit)... and I know that an ENTJ would either answer them differently or lie about it. ()
    Thanks. I answered the questions as though I was a really confident person responding to others in the most sensible, confident, and obvious manner while sticking to the surface and what would normally be done and advised in a given scenario and got:

Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 141
    Subscale percentile = 99.69

Quote Originally Posted by EIQ
    Emotional Intelligence Test
    Our Emotional Intelligence Test consists of two parts; a self-report portion and an ability portion. The test assesses your capacity to recognize your own emotions and those of others; understand how best to motivate yourself; become close to others; and manage your own feelings and those of others. Emotional intelligence contributes a great deal to your potential in life. A poor emotional intelligence can hold a brilliant individual back from achieving his or her goals, while a good EIQ can help someone who might otherwise struggle achieve success in life.
    Snapshot Report
    Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 141
    Subscale percentile = 99.69

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is excellent. People who score like you do feel that they have almost no trouble understanding and dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are able to control their moods. Its easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; this is likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice.
    Edit: I have to add this for the INFPs and ISFJs who are grossly underrated by this testing system. INFPs (and INFJs) on average will know a great deal more nuance about others than the level of information provided on this test: i.e. is the person sad, anxious, happy, etc. The ISFJ on average will know every bit as much as a high scorer on this test, but is not as assertive as this test requires for a high score. In addition the ISFJ on average will remember more minutia about their loved one's needs on a thoughtful level matched by few others. If you think of how many idiosyncrasies a person can have in their diet and daily living needs, there are few people who are aware enough or care enough to actually remember that level of detail and kindness. Unfortunately this test only measures personal and social confidence in relationship to conflict resolution.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.