User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Well a person who is highly logical still gets a choice of preferring logic to feeling.

This person could chose INFP, thus rely on their ethical value system more than their "advanced" logical system. Doesn't mean at all they are thinkers. It's a preference.
    Yes, that's why I agreed with Greed :confused:.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

yeah, my mom is an isfj.
    and damn, she cares, yes. But I'm about 20 times better at reading people than she ever was. And I'm her son damn it : P
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    :confused.
    Sorry. I forgot that you knew exactly what I was thinking before I said it.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Which type does well on a test that measures EQ depends a lot on how EQ is being defined. Edit: The types listed are the ones that typically do well and win out in a social context - they are popular and get the responses they want from other people. In that way, the test results are a no-brainer. /edit

Knowing how feeling is expressed outwardly, and a knack for group dynamics is quite different from understanding the internal framework of someone's mind. Those are two separate skills and don't necessarily overlap much at all. Group feeling and dynamics are more systematic and recreate the same dynamics in a number of scenarios. Individuals are less so and have more nuance. Groups also operate largely on appearance and what is projected while individual introspection is about tearing down every facade and seeing the true, bare self.

This is also one reason I go back to questioning my type because Fe is often assumed to be related to this group dynamic skill which is nearly absent in my abilities. I can tell a lot about what is going on inside each person in the group, but the interrelationship and energy created amongst the people feels completely outside my influence. I have no rhythm for it.

Edit: Actually the issue with social/emotional processing and how it differs between introverts and extroverts is an important topic. The extrovert has more real-time filtering. When in a group they pick on select signals and can then focus on how these elements interact. The introvert takes in more initially which requires more processing time. One-on-one interaction is effective when the person listening can take in the whole of the details and work out the filtering later. This is ineffective with groups. The social and feeling overload is impressive and is the reason why it is difficult for the introvert to respond on cue.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Sorry. I forgot that you knew exactly what I was thinking before I said it.
    Is that sarcasm? I was just wondering why you chose to quote me (or Greed by proxy).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

This has made my day. I think all the ENTJs can safely begin to increase their ego appropriately.....

My firm conviction remains that all types are equal but different.

Though I have to say, I wouldn't trade being an ENTJ for anything.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Is that sarcasm? I was just wondering why you chose to quote me (or Greed by proxy).
    Lack of Te?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Lack of Te?
    Yes?
    Nothing you said contradicts Greed's words.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

ow COME ON people, I know democracy is awesome but can't we stop with the 'everybody is equal' thing.
    I'm not saying this or that type or bal bla bla.

Face it, some people are just by YOUR OWN STANDARDS, better than you.
    Some people will be intps because they just suck at feeling, some people will be intps because they rock at Ti.
    Same goes for every function, every type, every perk and con is re-la-tive to a whole set of other cons and perks within and without the individual considering the question.
    And perks and cons are socially defined items.

So really, in the end, it's our desire to be special, to rock; that forces us to also accept we can suck.
    That's what buddhism is all about by the way: to let go.

So chill out.

Every type is equal ONLY if we never use one type or one person to compare another, but that's living in a perfect world were every 'type' is a single and self contained universe. Every item is defined socially, including types and functions. So, as I said previously, as long as you're not a

buddhist at heart, which most buddhist aren't, you're screwed.

enjoy the rest of ur lives.

(This doesn't apply to me, ever)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    ow COME ON people, I know democracy is awesome but can't we stop with the 'everybody is equal' thing.
    In short, no.

ENTJs have to make an effort to value others. We can be incredible assholes when we don't. The kicker is we are often in leadership positions both organizationally and socially. To the extent that we are, we have the power inflict more harm than a person of average resources. Power can easily go to our heads, self-regulation is a virtue.
    R[a]ngl[e]r