User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    epic

i have a theory:
    let's take an isfj, top functions being si and fe. si dictates certain rules or "right" ways of behaving according to ethical principles for them, so it might be very hard for isfjs to understand and accept another way of acting. with a drive to harmonize and a dislike of conflict, isfj's might easily internalize criticism. since fe correlates with accepted, "community values," sometimes, isfjs would probably feel guilt or shame of their feelings don't adhere to a social norm and it might lead them to believe they are defective, corrupt, or evil in some way. since they rarely have "objective standards" of behavior of judging others, they might have a harder time navigating a completely subjective path in times of confusion or chaos.

entj's, for example, might not recognize or understand an emotion they're experiencing, but they might largely ignore them if going down an emotional path is not efficient or logical. therefore, they may be more consistent in their moods and behavior and exhibit a "cooler head" in the midst of an upset or a joy. you profess to be all gooey on the inside, babylon, let us in on your secret!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    i have a theory:
    let's take an isfj, top functions being si and fe. si dictates certain rules or "right" ways of behaving according to ethical principles for them, so it might be very hard for isfjs to understand and accept another way of acting. with a drive to harmonize and a dislike of conflict, isfj's might easily internalize criticism. since fe correlates with accepted, "community values," sometimes, isfjs would probably feel guilt or shame of their feelings don't adhere to a social norm and it might lead them to believe they are defective, corrupt, or evil in some way. since they rarely have "objective standards" of behavior of judging others, they might have a harder time navigating a completely subjective path in times of confusion or chaos.

entj's, for example, might not recognize or understand an emotion they're experiencing, but they might largely ignore them if going down an emotional path is not efficient or logical. therefore, they may be more consistent in their moods and behavior and exhibit a "cooler head" in the midst of an upset or a joy. you profess to be all gooey on the inside, babylon, let us in on your secret!
    Thats a good theory about the isfj !!

Concerning the entj I think there is more to it. I think they are pretty good with people, they are only dumb when it comes to themselves. (lack of the gene)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

I believe each and every type is valuable and necessary in its own way.
    None is better or more preferable.
    If we were all the same, we would be in big trouble.
    I don't know about the current percentage mix.
    Would the world be very different if there were equal amounts of each type?
    It's possible.
    Better or worse? I don't know.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

What you find overall is that the definitions used in EQ and IQ really have nothing to do with MBTI definitions. Thinkers don't really do better on IQ tests and feelers don't really do better on EQ tests.

Instead what you find is that the tests are biased in ways that were not originally considered. IQ tests are biased toward N, while EQ tests are biased toward E.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    epic

thanks entropie!

i've had much more interactions with isfj's (my mum is one) than entj's.

extj's both theoretically have fi as their inferior function, so living their lives based on a harmonizing of values and empathy with all creatures probably wouldn't be their first priority - therefore, less agonizing about guilt, etc.

and in regards to "feelers" - intense feelings would be very demanding if you don't have an objective way to deal with them after a certain point. i don't know the difference between fi and fe in this context, but harmonizing incongruous external values or evaluating needs subjectively can get really trying. "feelers" might also have thinner psychological boundaries in interpersonal relationships which leads to a greater risk of losing their identity. so maybe "thinkers" are more capable of "handling" and compartmentalizing feelings and "feelers" are more capable of recognizing and understanding them? different types of emotional intelligence.

on a different note, i always assess my feelings within a logical framework. i must dissect them - i don't really operate on trusting or acting on my "gut feelings." feelings, for me, can exist as "misdirected thoughts." i think you'll find this to be true in t-dominant individuals.

there are two more interesting terms. entropie was allready getting at it ... "I think they are pretty good with people, they are only dumb when it comes to themselves."

intrapersonal intelligence (I'm down with that) and that weird other thing ... "interpersonal intelligence". ... basically an archaic automatism that can be found among animals as well.

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    intrapersonal intelligence (I'm down with that) and that weird other thing ... "interpersonal intelligence"
    mm yea, i hear this.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    you profess to be all gooey on the inside, babylon, let us in on your secret!
    NEVERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:steam:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    NEVERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:steam:

Maybe a devil on the outside, but soft and mooshy-gooshy lovey-dovey cuddly-ness on the inside, right?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Maybe a devil on the outside, but soft and mooshy-gooshy lovey-dovey cuddly-ness on the inside, right?
    as seen on southpark.
    Attached Images Attached Images