• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bravest Type?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
could you kindly explain why you think so?

Guts imply risk. The risk of being bad at leading people to do anything you want is...well, not getting them to do what you want. That's it. Being confident in your abilities ensures you don't need to be ballsy most of the time. It's just arrogance (not saying it's the bad kind).

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I say NTs in general as they dare to think the unthinkable. But even braver they dare to make it reality or atleast try.
Obviously that applies to ENTJ the most but to the other as well NTs!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I say NTs in general as they dare to think the unthinkable. But even braver they dare to make it reality or atleast try.
Obviously that applies to ENTJ the most but to the other as well NTs!

But that is the problem with NT's .. they just think .. being an ISFJ .. i am the doer .. its OK to theorize but to actually put it into practice .. lmao .. For as much as i loved my husband, that was the one thing that drove me insane .. " I want to do this and that and the other" .. Just bloody do it then .. your a long time dead .. and still no, he didn't .. so whilst your THINKING .. i am out there conquering the world and taking what is duly mine ..

Where are my fellow comrades backing me up on this one???

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But that is the problem with NT's .. they just think .. being an ISFJ .. i am the doer .. its OK to theorize but to actually put it into practice .. lmao .. For as much as i loved my husband, that was the one thing that drove me insane .. " I want to do this and that and the other" .. Just bloody do it then .. your a long time dead .. and still no, he didn't .. so whilst your THINKING .. i am out there conquering the world and taking what is duly mine ..

Where are my fellow comrades backing me up on this one???

Whilest you jump off the bridge, we'll think how to build a rope to get you out the ditch. ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Whilest you jump off the bridge, we'll think how to build a rope to get you out the ditch. ;)

Lmao .. I was already prepared .. and if by some chance i wasn't .. those who really cared wouldn't be thinking, they would be doing!!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The most gutsy person doesnt live to see tomorrow, if what you did was safe in the first place then its not really guts.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bravery comes in many forms, and I would say that even if there are type tendencies, I don't think it can be decided upon. I know a few ISTPs, and they do some amazing shit when it comes to physically daring feats... Extreme snowboarding, moto-cross, jumping long distances with snowmobiles and whatnot. The few ESTPs I know mostly talk, but they do end up doing some stupid shit sometimes... I know quite a few, and I can't honestly say that I think anyone is extraordinarily "brave". Most don't stand out in that department, but some are outright cowards.

Most of the ENTPs I know are very brave in some ways... But they tend to be horribly weak when it comes to staying committed to something or someone, and they don't seem able to show restraint, which in some cases is also a form of bravery.

When it comes to offense, I wouldn't stand against an army led by unflinching ENTJ officers hell-bent on the destruction of the enemy, followed in the charge by legions of loyal and fierce ISTJs, who will do exactly what they are supposed to and maybe a little more if it is needed... :D

When it comes to defence on the other hand, I wouldn't want to face a bunch of INFJs making their last stand for some weird cause. I bet they all have imaginary friends fighting alongside them or something. ;)

EDIT: As an ENTJ, I would like to point out the difference between stupidity and bravery. It is not brave to do something unnecessary and dangerous. Bravery is doing something dangerous even if it is hazardous, painful or otherwise taxing because of necessity.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A friend of mine is ISTP and was nominated across all branches of the military for Soldier of the Year Award. I asked him what this contest required him to do and he said 1) Physical fitness, 2) Weapons qualification, 3) Land navigation, 4) Testing on Soldier Tasks specific to war (like reacting to chemical warfare or wrapping a tourniquet), 5) Written essay and 6) Answering questions in front of a board of Command Sergeant Majors.

The contest lasts a week long and I think it sounds like it would require a lot of bravery. I vote ISTP.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More drama, baby !! :D
mel_gibson_braveheart.jpg

It very much depends on how you describe bravery. A lot of it in my mind has to do with a willingness to take risks. I think STP types tend to take physical risks. Ennagram 7s are adrenaline junkies. Enneagram 6s are the most courageous. Maybe an STP Enneagram 6 woulld be the bravest in one sense - like Braveheart. I'm a 6. In some ways, I am very risk averse. In other ways, people may think I gravitate to risky situations where the stakes are relatively high. Dunno.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, as an INTP, I'd say we are probably among the least bravest type, appearance wise. We don't see the logic, we don't go.

But I speak from experience that at times of peril I just *click* and do what needs to be done. Introverted thinking? What?

This is true of my experience as well.

So, in that regard. I think actual bravery exceeds any personality type influence. It just happens. Wether you're ESFJ or INTP or whichever.

Do you think certain types though are more inclined to take risks in which the outcome cannot be predicted ahead? And do you think different types are inclined to different types of risks?

There are things involving physical risk like skydiving and climbing Mt. Everest and there are emotional risks like asking someone out on a date or standing up for your beliefs regardless of how unpopular it may make you.

There are people who don't hestitate to take physical risks but they are scared to death to ask someone out on a date. Then there are people who put themselves out there emotionally but are very cautious when it comes to physical things.

Some are cautious across the board and some seem to take risks in all realms of life.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
counter phobic 6

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are things involving physical risk like skydiving and climbing Mt. Everest

One might argue this is not bravery, but stupidity. :p

and there are emotional risks like asking someone out on a date

Wether this is an emotional risk for say an ENFP, it is hardly for most INTP's. Younger 'infatuated' INTP's aside.

or standing up for your beliefs regardless of how unpopular it may make you.

I think INTP's win the crown regarding this one. I would never not stand up for my beliefs over something as trivial as another person's opinion of me.

Long story short, bravery comes in many forms to many different people. But universally, it all winds down to doing something that surpasses the standard set of functions of the individual.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
ESTP hands down. They are so present oriented that they often don't realize the consequences of their actions. Therefore, they just take action and don't think of the future. Also, their Se allows them to take action so well and not dwell on future possibilities. The ESTP is the ultimate badass.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think each type is going to have a different kind of braveness.

For the IxFPs I say that, if the Fi says it should be done, it's going to be done, no matter what.