User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Bravest Type?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yeah, I don't think it's type related. But that's mostly because it depends on how you're defining 'bravery'. Different people will exhibit their own personal versions of bravery.

For example, being a daredevil and doing risky things has a certain element of bravery, if you're calling it 'brave' to put your life at risk... but let's be honest...the same act can also have large components of stupidity and a lack of concern, or dismissal, of physical safety (although I recognize the same types would also be more in tune with the situation and probably wouldn't be as much at risk as, say, an INFJ doing the same thing ;-). Or if you're defining bravery as potentially more self-sacrificial - i.e. firefighting or something - then sure, that personality would be considered most brave.

Or is bravery more of a strength of character, and resolve to face your own fears and struggles head on? Or throw yourself way out of your comfort zone? That wouldn't be as noticeable to outsiders, but I often think it takes a lot more strength and willpower to face an emotional or personal battle than to do something like go skydiving. Skydiving would only require a momentary boost of 'braveness' and adrenaline and 'what-the-hell-ness' - whereas getting out of your comfort zone in a more day-to-day general way would require much more longevity, strength, and determination.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Didn't Ragnar Redbeard coin that phrase? That doesn't sound very Hegelian.
    I don't know, go ask my Dad or Google it. At this point I'm not as concerned as who said it, but with the message itself.

Lasting_Pain

I do not think bravery can be characterized into the types.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

INTP's have the most courage. Just to survive a feeling, extroverted world is enough of a trial by fire. I went bungie jumping over the summer, and everyone else except we was terrified. I thought it was very fun.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I was aying to people: hurry up you wusses.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

that's an incredible story. too bad they were scared. as for intp's being the most courageous type, i did not know that. thanks for enlightening me.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am rather surprised by the responses here .. but i suppose as most people have said "define brave" ..

I would say i am a brave person .. if i saw some bloke beating the crap out of a woman in the street, i would jump in and give him a ass kicking ..

I am brave in that i said goodbye to my family to emigrate to Canada (if only for a short period of time)

Dare me to jump out of a plane or do a bungee jump .. I'd do it

If i hadn't had my children when i did .. i probably would of joined the army, but only if i could of been on the front line ..

I am also brave in that i am going to divorce my husband who i love very much and face the unknown on my own ..

I would say i am pretty brave .. that though may also be the Aries in me ..

Riva

when it comes to having confidence in yourself as a person who can lead people to do anything they want - ENTJ

that takes guts mind you.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    when it comes to having confidence in yourself as a person who can lead people to do anything they want - ENTJ

that takes guts mind you.
    I disagree. Guts have nothing to do with it.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I am the bravest type. Next.