• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the most and least common MBTI types?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love france. i've always loved france, and now i know why.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Weirdly enough, I know a million INFJs, INTJs and INFPs. Not so much of the extroverts. *puzzles*

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Ummm.. oh never mind..... on second thought folks please show me statistics where cognitive functions are considered, let alone used. When basing stats on dichotomies, you are muddling the functions. How do you separate Ni from Si in considering I? How do you separate Ni from Ne in considering IN? How do you separate Ni-Te from Ti-Ne when considering INT and so on. If we even assumed that Ni was the rarest function (which Jung never says there are rare functions), then as I have argued Ne gets to be rare by association and the same goes for the opposite if Si is the most common, then Se also becomes common due to being "S".

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
"Why's" are usually outside of the realm of science, "why's" are for philosophers and INFJs to deal with. I feel that you are looking for meaning where there doesn't need to be any, it's just something that happened.

Oh no they're not! Science is exactly about finding out "why's" and does go as far as to find out "why" we exist and cross over into the area of metaphysics, when it shouldn't. It's only in the case of the unexplanable that scientists either wisely say they don't know, or ignorantly (like the vast majority) shut their brains off and say there is no need to ask why as a front to outside views, because they think religious faiths are somehow going to stop them from making and testing an hypothesis. Which is ridiculous! It's only when science makes truth claims about an unproven theory that they show their idiocy, like macroevolution. For you I congratulate, for recognizing you can't explain why, but also question your thinking when saying there is no meaning, when the exact opposite is the case. There is meaning in everything where science is the uncovering and exposing of meaning and why things work as they do, especially in the area of the pure sciences like Math. A statement like "there doesn't need to be any" with respect to the origin of where everything came from just shows a lack of thought and ignorance to the question, not a conclusion to settle it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Oh no they're not! Science is exactly about finding out "why's" and does go as far as to find out "why" we exist and cross over into the area of metaphysics, when it shouldn't. It's only in the case of the unexplanable that scientists either wisely say they don't know, or ignorantly (like the vast majority) shut their brains off and say there is no need to ask why as a front to outside views, because they think religious faiths are somehow going to stop them from making and testing an hypothesis. Which is ridiculous!

If something is unexplainable by science, I tend to say "I don't know", I'm happy with loose ends, I'm sure that in time our understanding of the universe may grow and we'll eventually be able to explain them. I'm ok with the unknown, but I'm not going to reach out into the unknown and take things which are unverifible and unable to be shared objectively with other people and try and enforce those beliefs on others, or try and change the objective world that we all share based on subjective beliefs. As a society we cshould be striving for objectivity, it's only fair.

For you I congratulate, for recognizing you can't explain why, but also question your thinking when saying there is no meaning, when the exact opposite is the case.
What I mean is there is no obvious underlying meaning or purpose to it, there might be, but it's prudent not to jump to that conclusion.

There is meaning in everything where science is the uncovering and exposing of meaning and why things work as they do, especially in the area of the pure sciences like Math. A statement like "there doesn't need to be any" with respect to the origin of where everything came from just shows a lack of thought and ignorance to the question, not a conclusion to settle it.

Our understanding of the universe is too limited to draw any definitive conclusions about everything, we can only work piece by piece, gradually putting the puzzle together. Catch-all conclusions like God arent really conclusions at all, it's like drawing a picture and sticking it over top of the jigsaw puzzle and pretending it's finished.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Macroevolution is just as subjective and unverifiable!!! Macroevolution is the EXACT same thing as the problems you are describing in that "drawing a picture and sticking it over top of the jigsaw puzzle and pretending it's finished." Macroevolution to the wider group who disagree with it's validity and are forced to put up with unending theories to try and prop it up, are feeling the same thing as evolutionists who are forced by religious nutters to believe something they don't agree with. Faith is to believe, and that is the same thing as macroevolution to the scientist, they believe it so strongly, without any verifiable evidence.

If in any way you think I'm forcing you believe what I believe, I'm not, I just want you to understand where I'm coming from....meet me half way on this discourse.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Science is fairy majikz.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
My flying monkeys will deal with you, little boy.

*throws a bucket of water onto Pink*

Maybe you don't know many because extroverts prefer to interact with other extroverts. (I noticed that you have a "weak E") Or at least, that's what my assumption is. :p

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'd say at the margin sounds nicer than weak, but ya, it's weak. :)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
pais? where's ur avatar from ?

I know I know it >_<

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Macroevolution is just as subjective and unverifiable!!! Macroevolution is the EXACT same thing as the problems you are describing in that "drawing a picture and sticking it over top of the jigsaw puzzle and pretending it's finished." Macroevolution to the wider group who disagree with it's validity and are forced to put up with unending theories to try and prop it up, are feeling the same thing as evolutionists who are forced by religious nutters to believe something they don't agree with. Faith is to believe, and that is the same thing as macroevolution to the scientist, they believe it so strongly, without any verifiable evidence.

What is it about macroevolution that is so preposterous to you? I assume you're fine with microevolution?

If in any way you think I'm forcing you believe what I believe, I'm not, I just want you to understand where I'm coming from....meet me half way on this discourse.

Oh I didn't mean that at all, I'm enjoying our discussion.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Eck:
Bruce Campbell in Goldrush....fun little made for tv movie.

Quinlan:
I've gone over why macroevolution is science fiction many times, because there's no scientific answer to explain how the process happens. Microevolution doesn't deal with the origin of the species, microevolution is applicable to present day and is just variation, mutation, natural selection, survival of the fittest, etc, which are all basically saying the best survive and can all be logically deduced and explained by opening any text on the subject, it's explainable. There is no explaination for the process of macroevolution which puts it in the time travel, body swapping, super power, scifi theme pile of explanations.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i've never met another infj male. i might have met an infj female, once.

I spent the other morning at Vons, looking for salsa. Keanu Reeves tic'd his head to his right a few thousand times after explaining which aisle I could find it. It was an awesomely wrong sleepy guess, but his portrayal in the sequel put me in the right frame of mind. Robert DeNero's younger, fatter sister scanned my pick as Michael Stipe carefully walked up behind me in line, making certain that he didn't step on any divisions between the tiles. As I watched my feet leaving the supermarket, I could hear the cashier asking for his autograph...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In conclusion (for tonight), it helps to have some years of familiarizing yourself with the old, worn leather boot that is typology. After a while you meet all kinds of types and it gets difficult to take statistics as anything close to concrete fact because people are so different and may or may not congregate or mix in various settings. It's a bit of a whirlwindish situation for me because I'm not outside, supplementing my bad memory by taking notes on everyone I see. My Pness shows. Not remembering facts, losing them, then uncovering them later. My feet are glued stuck to a spinning carousel of faces.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I spent the other morning at Vons, looking for salsa. Keanu Reeves tic'd his head to his right a few thousand times after explaining which aisle I could find it. It was an awesomely wrong sleepy guess, but his portrayal in the sequel put me in the right frame of mind. Robert DeNero's younger, fatter sister scanned my pick as Michael Stipe carefully walked up behind me in line, making certain that he didn't step on any divisions between the tiles. As I watched my feet leaving the supermarket, I could hear the cashier asking for his autograph...

we should write a script.

this either reminds me of a chuck palahniuk novel on acid, or a very cosmic example of Ne gone awry like sweaty gym socks stored in a sweaty gym locker for 20 years then discovered by a scuba diver at the bottom of the ocean. the ebb and flow of wafting in the aquamarine purity and the accumulated stank of the wonder years slow-roasting on a rotisserie in purgatory.

In conclusion (for tonight), it helps to have some years of familiarizing yourself with the old, worn leather boot that is typology. After a while you meet all kinds of types and it gets difficult to take statistics as anything close to concrete fact because people are so different and may or may not congregate or mix in various settings. It's a bit of a whirlwindish situation for me because I'm not outside, supplementing my bad memory by taking notes on everyone I see. My Pness shows. Not remembering facts, losing them, then uncovering them later. My feet are glued stuck to a spinning carousel of faces.

in other words, it helps you expand your insanity until the world flushes (depending on hemisphere) down the bowl of the universe, replenishing itself and flowing back into the inner depths of your own bowels?

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
And being rare is highly overrated! I've gotten used to being misunderstood all the time, or labelled as different, weird, eccentric, dreamy, odd etc, but sometimes I think life would be so much easier if I belonged to a more common or accepted type.

That's how I am seen, except that I am ENFJ. :p