• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the most and least common MBTI types?

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you suggest Odin is an INFJ?

EDIT: I am cursed to always have my posts on the next page. This was directed to paisley1.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Odin? The God of War? Odin is fictitious, but he may be an INFJ, I don't know. Are you responding to my "higher cognitive playing field" comment, only meant to boast and at the same time demean? LOL.

No, I'm talking about the Christian triune Monotheist God. Father, Son, Holy Spirit. I don't think Odin qualifies in terms of predestination of all events and such like.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Odin? The God of War? Odin is fictitious, but he may be an INFJ, I don't know. Are you responding to my "higher cognitive playing field" comment, only meant to boast and at the same time demean? LOL.

No, I'm talking about the Christian triune Monotheist God. Father, Son, Holy Spirit. I don't think Odin qualifies in terms of predestination of all events and such like.

Not just a God of war, also a creator. Fictitious perhaps to you, but not necessarily to me.

But it seems we have different conceptions on the matter at hand.

Also, I understand that I misunderstood your post, when you added to it. I thought you were implying that God himself is an INFJ, and is thus showering his divinity into INFJs, but I believe this was a misconception on my part.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
The connection I will make is that INFJ's in history have been prophetic and have the pre set gifting for prophesy, like Nathan in the Bible. In that sense INFJ's have a divine like attribute, but this is no indicator of divine quality, only a correlation from mbti. God's personality is simply the combination of all personality types, in my mind, as we are made in his image, it stands to reason. Again, Christian God. As far as the Christian God, who was the one who wrestled with God? Jacob? And what is Jacobs personality type? The opposite of INFJ, ESTP! To this very day, an entire Nation was named after him, Israel. Sheer coincidence?

ESTP Profile
INFJ Profile

I find it interesting you believe in Odin and Norse mythology, very unique. How does that work? I'm interested in the why and what that looks like in practice.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
In all honesty, I said it mostly to see your reaction. :cheese: I'm that evil.
I don't worship the gods in Norse pantheon. Worshiping anyone or anything goes against me. I'm an agnostic at heart. But, possibly because of my heritage and my home, I feel some sympathy towards Norse gods.

As for being fictitious, as I said, not necessarily. I don't see why they are any more fictitious than Jehovah.

D

Dali

Mo really doesn't like sarcasm, but I'll forgive him/her/it! Tone is never conveyed on a post and may be seemingly hurtful however all is said in the funniest possible way. ...

Why some types are more common and some are rarer? Well, I'd say the predestination of God. It's God's way of administering his sovereignty and perfection. A sovereign imprint onto our social order. Do you have an evolutionary reason? Just cuz? Is there a way of tampering with the genome to get the proper balance of personality types necessary for a functioning society? Predestination and the sovereignty of God is the best answer in my mind.

Oh, Mo loves sarcasm. At least, the type which he deems witty. ;)

I completely agree with the second paragraph.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Evil? Seemed like a perfectly valid question Outsider. I simply see no credibility in a pantheon of God's (Norse to Hindu) due to the convictions I have about Christ being a living reality within my life.

Witty sarcasm? I thought it was a state of mind? Either you've been sarcastic or you haven't, don't think you can really measure sarcasm, because it's tonal. ;)

Surprised I haven't got scolded for my firm unapologetic stance on the predestination of God? That's sweet. Adding Mo, to friends list, now.

D

Dali

Witty. Sarcasm.

The commas in that final sentence were rather unneccessary, don't you think?

How's that for criticism. ;)

Accepting Paisley's, friends-list, request now.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I should've used dots. Adding mo.....to friends list.....now. As though I was doing it while I was writing. Thank you for the strongbadian grammeriterical remarks!

D

Dali

I personally like how ISTJs are common, seeing as how you are one of my ideal matchups. ;)

ISTJ + INFP = ideal?. I mean, even keeping in mind all the "everyone is a unique individual blah blah snore", I've never heard that one before.

I'm interested in knowing what typical ISTJ qualities you find most attractive. Humour me.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What is the reason why some types are more common and some are rarer?

So that human society has a certain balance to it. The largest group want to protect the status quo, so the resistance to that is tempered and we don't move so fast that we O.D. on progress...or something like that. Short hand, God wants to keep us in line. ;)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ESXJs are the most commom (keirsey)

INFJs are the least common (keirsey)

supposedly INFJ males but i dont believe that to be true

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ESXJs are the most commom (keirsey)

INFJs are the least common (keirsey)

supposedly INFJ males but i dont believe that to be true

Agreed.

ISTJs are very common, as well. SJs are the most common types by a long shot. I'd think NFs and NTs are the most rare.

Just from experience, alone, I think that ENTPs, ENTJs, and INFPs may be the least common type.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
From experience, ENTP's are everywhere, doing everything all the time. Not tons, but definitely identifiable and not as rare as other types. INFP's have some males in the group, so they aren't as scarce in my experience. Don't know any ENTJ's, maybe you're right?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ + INFP = ideal?. I mean, even keeping in mind all the "everyone is a unique individual blah blah snore", I've never heard that one before.

I'm interested in knowing what typical ISTJ qualities you find most attractive. Humour me.

They are introverted, they are super loyal, they aren't retarded about feelings. Also if you take a look at the functions then we pretty much reinforce each other's weaknesses. INFP- FiNeSiTe, ISTJ- SiTeFiNe. I also like seeing their Fi come out in the open. Most of the time I've found that I can confide in thinkers very well (especially the TJs), whenever I ask one for advice they point out things that I wouldn't think about (such as real factors), since I have the emotional side of the issue covered in my mind. I don't conflict with them too much, and when I do it's usually minor, but even if it's not I resolve conflicts with these people very quickly generally.

I could go on and on, I even started a thread about it. :tongue: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/3119-praise-istj-s-4.html#post557882 It got merged with another ISTJ praise thread, but that is where mind started.

All of that combined with the fact that they are (I think) something like 15% of the world? Yes please. :tongue:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I first realized the rarity of my type I felt more distant from the world than unique. It was only those who brought it to my attention that rare is good, did I make that connection, that I offer something distinct. More like extinct! I see it as a hindrance for life and relationships. I was already aware of how dissimilar I rationalize, compared to everyone around me, and learning I was an INFJ didn't really help. Most people just call us weird, and I happen to agree, we're weird compared to you. Being an INFJ in my opinion is not a good thing, statistically and financially speaking. I think of it as a predestination for a harder life compared to other types. Not a "boo freaking hoo, woe is me" but simply a gap in commonality is created by being INFJ which makes life a little harder.

As far as the CAPT statistic being accurate, most stats that I find hold the INFJ and INFJ male to be the lowest percentage.

My MBTI Personality Type - My MBTI Results - How Frequent Is My Type?
Personality Type Indicator | web.forret.com
MBTI® Type Frequency Table for USA | Mivista Consulting, Inc. Michelle Villalobos, Sales Consulting, Workshops & Seminars based in Miami, Florida. Delivering hands-on, interactive, business skills-building workshops to corporations, chambers of comme

It's not really up for that much question in my mind. Maybe if we took a sample in a profession dominated by INFJ's like religious studies professors, than maybe we could fix the results, but in a fair cross section of humanity, it makes sense we're the lowest frequency. What are we clearly capable of and how important are those roles? Not that important really. Genetic lottery losers imo. It's hard saying that, when I know there are positive traits among fellow INFJ's with our dominant introverted intuition about relationships.

I haven't read your threads...but are you tested as INFJ?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I first realized the rarity of my type I felt more distant from the world than unique. It was only those who brought it to my attention that rare is good, did I make that connection, that I offer something distinct. More like extinct! I see it as a hindrance for life and relationships. I was already aware of how dissimilar I rationalize, compared to everyone around me, and learning I was an INFJ didn't really help. Most people just call us weird, and I happen to agree, we're weird compared to you. Being an INFJ in my opinion is not a good thing, statistically and financially speaking. I think of it as a predestination for a harder life compared to other types. Not a "boo freaking hoo, woe is me" but simply a gap in commonality is created by being INFJ which makes life a little harder.

As far as the CAPT statistic being accurate, most stats that I find hold the INFJ and INFJ male to be the lowest percentage.

My MBTI Personality Type - My MBTI Results - How Frequent Is My Type?
Personality Type Indicator | web.forret.com
MBTI® Type Frequency Table for USA | Mivista Consulting, Inc. Michelle Villalobos, Sales Consulting, Workshops & Seminars based in Miami, Florida. Delivering hands-on, interactive, business skills-building workshops to corporations, chambers of comme

It's not really up for that much question in my mind. Maybe if we took a sample in a profession dominated by INFJ's like religious studies professors, than maybe we could fix the results, but in a fair cross section of humanity, it makes sense we're the lowest frequency. What are we clearly capable of and how important are those roles? Not that important really. Genetic lottery losers imo. It's hard saying that, when I know there are positive traits among fellow INFJ's with our dominant introverted intuition about relationships.

I'm not buying it. How harsh you sound...even to slam 'your own type..' You got eyes on you.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mo really doesn't like sarcasm, but I'll forgive him/her/it! Tone is never conveyed on a post and may be seemingly hurtful however all is said in the funniest possible way. And I wouldn't call it ripping, Wolfys post came out of left field!

Why some types are more common and some are rarer? Well, I'd say the predestination of God. It's God's way of administering his sovereignty and perfection. A sovereign imprint onto our social order. Do you have an evolutionary reason? Just cuz? Is there a way of tampering with the genome to get the proper balance of personality types necessary for a functioning society? Predestination and the sovereignty of God is the best answer in my mind.

This sounds ESTP.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Very interesting statistical compilation here - Meyers-Briggs Statistics

According to it, ISFJ is the most common and INFJ is the least. The gender differences are very interesting too. Most common male personality is ISTJ, most common female personality is ISFJ.

14uerd2.jpg